Getting bored of SoL VN's (mostly moege)

-soraa

Which one should I play?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I play?

• Fate/stay night
    • Rewrite

4 hours ago, Clephas said:

... should there even be a question here?  Even amongst the 'sort-of chuuni' games that have been translated, Rewrite is pretty far down the list in terms of quality... and if you put it up against FSN, there is no contest.  It's like pitting a housecat against a dragon.

Wait... Rewrite is a Chuuni? I thought it was a Nakige...

I'd agree that Rewrite isn't Key's best work. Rewrite is kinda just fantasy-slice of life, while other Key works are slice of life that cuts through your heart and shreds it to million pieces. Though Rewrite is still a fun one to read.

So go try all routes on FSN. You might not like the Fate route specifically because the anime was not that good, and it focused more on establishing the setting of the Holy Grail war than the intricate storylines. It isn't that bad really, just not as good as UBW and HF.

If you want to look for a darker and more serious VNs, there should be some choices other than those two.

8 hours ago, alden_0023 said:

I'd agree that Rewrite isn't Key's best work. Rewrite is kinda just fantasy-slice of life, while other Key works are slice of life that cuts through your heart and shreds it to million pieces. Though Rewrite is still a fun one to read.

To be honest, I don't think comparing Rewrite to the other Key VNs is fair. It's true, it's probably the least emotional VN ever made by them, but at the same time it's the rare one that actually has a proper story and, with the exception of Tonokawa's routes, doesn't really rely on the usual "Key magic". I agree, it has its own massive share of plot holes, so I don't agree with people who claim that it's the best VN ever, but it's pretty entertaining, and that's enough for me. And it's especially dear to me, considering it's the first vn I've ever read.