I just noticed the next level Incestception in the Otome/Yume routes of Da Capo II.

Ryleona

Ok so..... this sheit gets weird imo. Sakura and Junichi are cousins. Sakurai Yoshiyuki is the could have been son of Sakura and Junichi. Otome and Yume are the grandchildren of Junichi and Nemu. That means multiple things. (O/Y = Otome and/or Yume. SY = Sakurai Yoshiyuki)

1. O/Y are SY's "Sisters"

2. SY and O/Y aren't even in the same generation.

3. O/Y are SY's half second cousins once removed.

4. SY is O/Y's half uncle, a.k.a they are his half-nieces.

5. If SY marries O/Y, the 3rd sister will become his marrige sibling and DOUBLE half second cousin once removed.

6. O/Y's and SY's child is directly related to Sakura, Junichi and Nemu, and despite Sakura being the eldest of the 3, she will be grandma, while the younger Junichi and Nemu will be great grandma and great grandpa.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAicrv8k3Oak1zJkzKABz

I could probably find more wacky relations but the more I put together the more my brain cries out in agony so... yeah.

Just not think too much if you felt the headache in regard of that, although you might be interested with that though. What's matter to me is that at the very least their age was almost the same, so there's that. As for the Da Capo protagonist, I would like to think that Yoshino's male was quite a Chick Magnet at that if only because they always managed to get the girls liking him - including Junichi because after all he was Sakura's cousin there. As for the relationship of Yoshino's family, I think the maiden name of Junichi's mom should be Yoshino because usually the woman after marriage should be changing her surname to follow the husband one unless there's a Maiden Debate Name in which there's none of that in Da Capo from what I understand. I think that's all I could say in regard of Junichi's family for now.

PS - Oh, I forgot to tell that Ricca was also appear in one of Da Capo CG although her face was obstructed there though, probably because fan wasn't too interesting for seeing the old lady in CG lol. You may already knew what I want to say in regard of that.

Edited by littleshogun

39 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

PS - Oh, I forgot to tell that Ricca was also appear in one of Da Capo CG although her face was obstructed there though, probably because fan wasn't too interesting for seeing the old lady in CG lol. You may already knew what I want to say in regard of that.

Really? I would never have known.

• Ryleona changed the title to I just noticed the next level Incestception in the Otome/Yume routes of Da Capo II.
3 hours ago, Ryleona said:

Really? I would never have known.

Yes it is. Here's the CG in question if you wonder, and Ricca was the one who wearing green kimono below.

f11250.jpg

If you want the exact word here, it would be 'Ricca Greenwood was the grandmother of Yoshino Sakura' and yes Yoshiyuki himself was Sakura's grandfather obviously. And yes it was the truth, although it wasn't revealed at any translated Da Capo though. Instead it was revealed at Da Capo PP that was still untranslated as of now, and it was revealed at Rikka's route that also revealed that she was Ricca's reincarnation (As if that wasn't obvious enough).

53 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

If you want the exact word here, it would be 'Ricca Greenwood was the grandmother of Yoshino Sakura' and yes Yoshiyuki himself was Sakura's grandfather obviously. And yes it was the truth, although it wasn't revealed at any translated Da Capo though. Instead it was revealed at Da Capo PP that was still untranslated as of now, and it was revealed at Rikka's route that also revealed that she was Ricca's reincarnation (As if that wasn't obvious enough).

Wait, WHAT???? So... Yoshiyuki is Sakura's grandfather reincarnated as her son????

Also, are you sure that's Ricca Greenwood? Wikipedia has her listed as Grandma Yoshino, not Greenwood.

Edited by Ryleona

20 minutes ago, Ryleona said:

Wait, WHAT???? So... Yoshiyuki is Sakura's grandfather reincarnated as her son????

Also, are you sure that's Ricca Greenwood? Wikipedia has her listed as Grandma Yoshino, not Greenwood.

Well.. it's a massive spoiler to the lore of the series and something that only really makes full sense if you read the fandiscs for Da Capo III but... 

Spoiler

Yes. Ricca is Grandma Yoshino. Kiyotaka's past self officially had fallen in love with and married Ricca, to some degree explaining Sakura's connection to the Cherry Tree as well as a few other things.

45 minutes ago, Kabu said:

Well.. it's a massive spoiler to the lore of the series and something that only really makes full sense if you read the fandiscs for Da Capo III but... 

Hide contents

Yes. Ricca is Grandma Yoshino. Kiyotaka's past self officially had fallen in love with and married Ricca, to some degree explaining Sakura's connection to the Cherry Tree as well as a few other things.

Kiyotaka, or Yoshiyuki?

Also how do we know that Ricca's whinning about Kiyotaka loving him in a past life is actually that, and not just D.C.III's Ricca route? (Unless this is all explained in the fandiscs?)

Edited by Ryleona

45 minutes ago, Ryleona said:

As for Wikipedia, it was the site that anyone can edit and I think most people would less focused on editing the first Da Capo characters right now. Also since the fandisk that reveal Ricca was Sakura's grandma Yoshino still not translated yet, small wonder that Wikipedia still list her as Grandma Yoshino instead of Greenwood because the fact was still less known.

13 minutes ago, Ryleona said:

Kiyotaka, or Yoshiyuki?

By the way Sakura's grandfather was Kiyotaka from Da Capo 3, not Yoshiyuki.

Edited by littleshogun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2017 at 2:41 AM, Kabu said:

Reveal hidden contents

You don't need the fandisc to figure that out and it makes full sense without it.

Spoiler

Sakura literally calls Kiyotaka her grandfather once in Da Capo III so the player knows full well the relationships that lead to Da Capo 1 and 2. It just takes a bit of thought to figure out who is Sakura's grandmother considering her features, and this also explains why making sweets and seeing into dreams is a male family trait of the family, since Kiyotaka passes those traits down. It also makes sense for why the tree is on Hatsune island, Ricca plants it there when she moves there with Kiyotaka, which they mention they are going to do in there route.

The real interesting thing here is that following the family lines, Junichi and Nemu aren't blood related at all while Sakura and Junichi are. Kiyotaka is Himeno's adopted brother, and Himeno is probably the grandmother of Nemu considering hair and personality traits. So they are cousins with no blood relation at all.

As for Yume/Otome and Yoshiyuki, since they are the granddaughters of Junichi and Yoshiyuki is technically his kid, he is their half uncle. For some reason VNDB lists them as non-blood siblings, but if magical tree babies have genetics that is what he would be. Not that anyone other Sakura and Junichi would ever figure that out and I doubt they care.

So during the Anzu route, Sakurai calls Otome and Yume his mother in laws.

That's just a joke on how they dote on him and treat him really well.

Edited by jikorde