Help playing Little Busters

BZX001

Hello i am kinda new to playing visual novels so i don't actually know how to play them. I read some guides on little busters but i don't understand them. Especially how to get all good endings. I don't get the route system. I wanted to play it in this order https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/19558-little-busters-english-edition/ , but i don't know how. Do i need to start a new game or do i need to load a save from a specific day ? 

1 hour ago, BZX001 said:

Hello i am kinda new to playing visual novels so i don't actually know how to play them. I read some guides on little busters but i don't understand them. Especially how to get all good endings. I don't get the route system. I wanted to play it in this order https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/19558-little-busters-english-edition/ , but i don't know how. Do i need to start a new game or do i need to load a save from a specific day ? 

Don't get all wrapped up with route order and crap like that for a first experience! My suggestion would be that you just play the VN blindly and choose whatever you feel right, you know, roleplay a little :sachi: It's easier to get emotionally invested that way imo.

However, if you insist in following a guide from the start, it's not that hard. If the guide recommends that you start with say Komari's route, just look at the Komari section and you'll see this (good ending):

5/15 ~Use another notebook~
5/17 Go to the rooftop
5/18 ~Hostility~
5/22 Go back to the classroom (CG)
5/22 ~Shook my head~
5/23 ~Quit~
5/23 Go to the rooftop
5/28 Go to the rooftop
----- Fix her clothes
----- Ask her for details of the dream
----- Face reality head on

This means that whenever you can choose these options, you should if you want not only to enter Komari's route, but also get the good ending.

It is hard because LB, as other Key games have a very difficult system for starters. However, if you follow a guide, you won't get lost. How it works:

You start a new game and start reading. You simply read. Then, a choice will appear on the screen, and you have to click in it according to the guide.

Option 1 - Go to the left

Option 2 - Go to the right

Each option will count as "points" that you, the player, DO NOT see, but the game saves them. So, when you keep reading, these points will add up to decide what path you will follow. For example, if you have 10 "Girl A points" and only 8 "Girl B points", you will go automatically to Girl A's route.

In LB, I believe it works the same as Clannad, so you simply have to choose the corret options with your mouse according to what the guide tells you.

PS: there are many types of route systems, according to each game. Some games allow you to save before a choice and, after you finish a route, you go back to it to go through another path. However, I believe LB! depends a lot on minor choices, as Clannad, so you should start a new save file EVERY TIME you want to start a new route. Since the text repeats itself a lot of times, you have to use the "skip" option in the game (usually near the textbox or pressing CTRL in the keyboard)

Edited by Silvz