Most Hated

Ranzo

Yeah I know how was he remotely justified? He assaulted his only daughter because she chose to sing instead of playing the Fortello.

On 12/12/2017 at 4:48 PM, MaggieROBOT said:

I agree with Ange and Papa. I like to hate some characters. Like Matou Shinji, every time he wasn't on screen I ended up looking forward to the next ass thing he would bring to the story :3

The ones that I "hate" are the ones that only bored me, brought nothing to the story and tempted me to press ctrl. Like half of Comyu's cast.

Oh, that rule doesn't apply to abusive love interests that "rape out of love" and the game actually paints this as good natured (no problem if the game treats this as unhealthy and an insane type of love). Those I just hate and can die in a fire ten times over!

Do you have any specific "rape out of love" characters that you could mention? Or a character that really, really, bored you? Let out that HATE!

13 hours ago, Ranzo said:

Yeah I know how was he remotely justified? He assaulted his only daughter because she chose to sing instead of playing the Fortello.

Do you have any specific "rape out of love" characters that you could mention? Or a character that really, really, bored you? Let out that HATE!

The "rape out of love" part is actually something that plagues 18+ josei manga and otomege to a less extent. I once read a VN called Monochrome Heaven that had a hero that "raped the MC to show her that she's his" and she pretty much agreed with time. This is actually kinda sad, seems like she was brainwashed, but the game not even once adressed it like a problem. Needless to say, I hated this guy.

One that bored me... I guess I could say Rondo Rondo from Comyu. She's just there to be the token tan girl, her H-scene comes out of nowhere and goes nowhere, she's not even a heroine and everything involving her is just plain uninteresting! And she just kept appering in two out of five routes like she's important! It seems she's just in the game to trigger a important fight in the last route, but even then I found this to be extremely dumb!

I havn't played many visual novels ....... but some characters in the Grisaia trilogy can be unbelievable jerkholes (especially some of them related to the backstories of the heroines and the protag).

Spoiler

Yuuji had a super violent, drunk of a father. Only to get taken in by an evil international terrorist who's a bit of a pedophile.

Absolutely EVERYONE in Yumiko's backstory, especially her dominating corporate tyrant of a father (though he's pretty much the only person who later has a "heel realization" moment, and mellows out).

Michiru had strict apathetic parents. Who hired tutors for her, who proceeded to make her feel like utter trash at every opportunity (I legit wanted to actually punch them!).

Makina has pretty much the worst mother ever. She makes Yumiko's father look very tame...

Amane had a crazed gunman come after her, out for revenge, as a result of her backstory.

Sachi is the only one that didn't have any bad or evil people in her route. Not that what happened to her was any less tragic....

I preface this with that I mostly play moeblob VNs and like otome games so my breadth on this is a little limited.

Shinji and Zouken are obvious answers. God those two suck.

But honestly, one of my most disliked characters is Shirou Emiya from the Fate/ series.

shirou-emiya-fate-hollow-ataraxia-85.7.j

This boy would just not stop... Doing whatever it was he was doing. I don't hate him necessarily. But his attitude and dumb actions throughout Fate and Heaven's Feel especially get really grating. Hes the main reason I've never gone back to replay Stay Night. Hes a lot more enjoyable in Hollow Ataraxia. Which if you haven't played that, but have played Stay Night, you really ought to.

Another contender is Kazuki Kazami from the Grisaia series.

latest?cb=20140606184100

A lot of what I'd go into about why I dislike her is a lot of Grisaia spoilers. So I'll leave it at that.

Oh I just remembered someone that I really hated! That fucking piece of shit main character from Yandere! He was such a rapist asshole!  I really ended up enjoying all the times in which he savagely died it was cathartic in a way. I only wish there were more opportunities for him to savagely die. Fuck that guy.

• 1 month later...

I have a new contender for character who I hate. And it's not even close.

The Father from Lucy, the Eternity she wished for. Every single scene with him seriously upset me. An absolutely miserable person who is so quick to anger. And he was already my most hated, before....

Spoiler

.... that scene where he set fire to Lucy, which basically destroyed her. A scene which will haunt me forever....

.... the game itself had the final laugh though. It had an extra epilogue scene from his viewpoint in the future. And it's implied he'll basically die alone, unloved (and probably unforgiven).

And for the record, I try my hardest not to hate anyone, and to forgive any character (even some of the Grisaia villains).

As someone who's still new in the VN scene, I haven't came across much characters in other VNs I would legitimately hate for moral reasons other than just simple annoyance.  However, there is one character that I utterly despise from Grisaia no Kajitsu.

Spoiler

KIYOKA! IRISU!

Yes, Makina's mother.  She is an irredeemable human being who makes even Yumiko's father tame by comparison.  She's a corrupt head of a family organization with a shady history of underhanded acts, and will assassinate anyone who challenges or exposes her actions.  She assassinated Makina's father, and attempted to do the same to Makina herself with no remorse, going as far as to hire gangsters, secret agents, and even Yuuji's organization to go after her daughter.  Even when Makina was hospitalized, Kiyoka showed no empathy to her, and only saw her as a disposable pawn to use for her own ends.  The absolute kicker to this is that choosing to shoot Kiyoka will only result in the bad ending of Makina's route, so Yuuji's justice was short-lived.  Basically, to get the good ending, you have to let Kiyoka live.  While it's to send a moral message that revenge is pointless, it doesn't help if the character in question has no redeemable qualities whatsoever.

Edited by EastCoastDrifter

7 hours ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

As someone who's still new in the VN scene, I haven't came across much characters in other VNs I would legitimately hate for moral reasons other than just simple annoyance.  However, there is one character that I utterly despise from Grisaia no Kajitsu.

Reveal hidden contents

KIYOKA! IRISU!

Yes, Makina's mother.  She is an irredeemable human being who makes even Yumiko's father tame by comparison.  She's a corrupt head of a family organization with a shady history of underhanded acts, and will assassinate anyone who challenges or exposes her actions.  She assassinated Makina's father, and attempted to do the same to Makina herself with no remorse, going as far as to hire gangsters, secret agents, and even Yuuji's organization to go after her daughter.  Even when Makina was hospitalized, Kiyoka showed no empathy to her, and only saw her as a disposable pawn to use for her own ends.  The absolute kicker to this is that choosing to shoot Kiyoka will only result in the bad ending of Makina's route, so Yuuji's justice was short-lived.  Basically, to get the good ending, you have to let Kiyoka live.  While it's to send a moral message that revenge is pointless, it doesn't help if the character in question has no redeemable qualities whatsoever.

She's probably my 2nd most hated. At least her actual scenes didn't tick me off. Besides (Grisaia no Meiyuu spoilers below)....

Spoiler

In Makina's afterstory in Grisaia no Meiyuu, Makina gets a measure of payback. And it's implied that one incident wasn't the only time either...

Okay so here is a new one I fucking hate it's Hase Saeko from Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road. She is one of the worst characters I have ever encountered in a Visual Novel before. She has basically no personality at all, which is kind of shocking considering that she is a major character. Her two character traits are as follows, she wants to fuck her adopted brother and she is two faced. That's it. I guess she is basically just supposed to be a gag character but it doesn't fucking work at all. She is just goddamn annoying. Too make matters worse the protag is constantly enabling her bullshit and everyone else accepts it. She has sucked out a lot of the enjoyment I would have otherwise had for the VN. This is not how you write a character.

11 hours ago, r0xm2n said:

I have a new contender for character who I hate. And it's not even close.

The Father from Lucy, the Eternity she wished for. Every single scene with him seriously upset me. An absolutely miserable person who is so quick to anger. And he was already my most hated, before....

Hide contents

.... that scene where he set fire to Lucy, which basically destroyed her. A scene which will haunt me forever....

.... the game itself had the final laugh though. It had an extra epilogue scene from his viewpoint in the future. And it's implied he'll basically die alone, unloved (and probably unforgiven).

And for the record, I try my hardest not to hate anyone, and to forgive any character (even some of the Grisaia villains).

The anime redeemed the routes a bit. The bad ends that should have been the good ends became the true ends for the anime. Vn has more sol content, anime deals with the route content better.