CROSS+CHANNEL - Reprint Edition (Translation Port)

sayakak

CROSS+CHANNEL - REPRINT EDITION

cropped-bannertry.png

After realized that the original version isn't so good in quality, (the window size, text box, graphics in bad quality) I'm thinking in port the 2 translations (Amaterasu & GHS), but actually, i'm porting the GHS TL. (I decided to port the translation of George Henry Shaft) to the Reprint Edition (the window size increased to 800x600, text box a little better, graphics in a good quality and such) 

The hacking is 100% done, I extracted and repacked the scripts without big problems.

But, there is a few minor problems: 

• Only a few images will be repacked to the game, because there isn't any tool on internet to convert .WIP files properly
  • The names will be with a ' in the end, nothing that will cause trouble to your gameplay (idk why this ' appear in the name)

I'm thinking in someone do a FullTLC (make the translations more readable) or people to re-translate this game, if you want, contact me!

I'll not create a site anymore, I'll post the progress here.

ALL CREDITS TO GEORGE HENRY SHAFT, I'M JUST PORTING THE TL.

HIS SITE: http://georgehenryshaft.wordpress.com/

Screenshots:

hzJBYUT.jpg

feAsZ8L.jpg

Aa6c4qn.jpg

Spoiler

Progress:

Scripts: 1/324

Beta-Test: 0%

Edited by sayakak
fix (4)

This is an extremely bad idea.

Both translations for Cross Channel are absolutely atrocious, but you're using the worst translation possible to port.

If you're really that adamant on porting a C+C translation, I hate myself for saying this, but use the amaterasu translation.

Nearly half the script is completely wrong, but it isn't blatant fanfiction like the GHS "translation".

You're going to basically be required to have someone TLC and edit the translation though and that'll be a massive undertaking.

On 12/12/2017 at 12:16 AM, castor212 said:

so all thats left is purely QCing if each text is incorporated in the right place?

no, i'm still porting the lines

8 hours ago, Konu said:

This is an extremely bad idea.

Both translations for Cross Channel are absolutely atrocious, but you're using the worst translation possible to port.

If you're really that adamant on porting a C+C translation, I hate myself for saying this, but use the amaterasu translation.

Nearly half the script is completely wrong, but it isn't blatant fanfiction like the GHS "translation".

You're going to basically be required to have someone TLC and edit the translation though and that'll be a massive undertaking.

I don't want to fix the translations or do TLC, I just want to people read C+C in a better edition (the original edition sucks) 

About the translations, I'm still thinking about this, maybe I'll port the 2 translations. I can't decide myself if Amaterasu or GHS TL is better ( I think that GHS better, but, other people can think different, idk jp to see myself :c )

If someone wants do TLC or re-translate, contact me!

But my principal aim is port the TL, so i'll continue doing this.

You shouldn't listen to people telling you what to do, rather you should judge them yourself, especially since almost nobody has actually played GHS translation, the reasons for that are:

1. Someone, somewhere on the internet once said that GHS translation suck so the parrots have been reapting the same mantra ever since

2. It came out many years after Amaterasu's translation, so most interested parties already read it

3. GHS translation patching requires more work to get it working than simply double clicking on the english patch and since Amaterasu is easier to patch and people shits on GHS translation almost nobody has actually bothered with it.

I made a post here making a comparison between Amaterasu and GHS translations, this is at the part where Miki is first introduced:

On 7/17/2017 at 8:44 AM, Nier said:

AMATERASU TRANSLATIONS Translation (2009):

Now that I'd killed some time in the club room, I was on the way back to my classroom.
There was a virgin stooping down in an unpopular corridor.
Taichi: "Are you all right, Ojou-san?"
I extended my hand toward her butt.
Girl: "Whoa!"
The girl displayed her formidability by standing up in an instant.
Then she shuffled away to gain distance from me.
She can switch to a state of military alertness in no time flat.
Plus, in the moment she jumped up, she had sent an attack in my direction.
Taichi: "......you're not half-bad."
Girl: "Neither is Sempai."
With one hand I stopped the mop she's thrown at my face, letting it fall silently to the floor.
Taichi: "It feels like we haven't met in a while."
Girl: "Yes, it does."
There stood the girl, like a heroine from a famous fantasy novel adapated into a movie.
But relax; that's only the way she looks.
Taichi: "Since it's been so long, I seem to have forgotten your name."
Girl: "Yaa."
Taichi: "So be at ease......"
Taichi: "Johnson."
Girl: "At least use a girl's name."
Her face told me she'd had enough of foreigners.
Taichi: "You've improved, Miki."
Miki: "Yes."
Yamanobe Miki stuck out a chest so meager as to invite tears.
Miki: "Because my butt is really high."
Taichi: "Though I did touch it a little."
Miki: "Because I let you."
She's unfazed.
Taichi: "But until I've flipped that skirt......"
Miki: "You won't flip it. (definitively)"
She's good.
Bluffs won't work on her any more.
Taichi: "Very well. This time I shall leave the flower alone."
Miki: "Ehe."
She smiled widely.
Uwaa, hug me...
Taichi: "What've you been doing? Cleaning for fun?"
Miki: "Ah, yes, there seem to be a lot of filthy spots around here."
Miki: "And I like to clean."
She was putting her fictional muscles into it.
Taichi: "You're doing this spontaneously? That's so cool!"
Taichi: "......aah, I get it, I get it, no need to tell everyone, my sweet. You want my autograph, don't you? The autograph of I, Ijuuin Taichi! You've been urging me for it through this display of school piety!"
(TL note: Taichi is most likely referring to Ijuuin Hikaru, a popular Japanese TV and radio personality.)
Miki: "......aah, aah...... so that't it."
Miki: "Haven't heard that gag in a while..."
She made a truly pained face.
In fact she seems like she's about to cry.
In fact she seems like she's about to cry.
I thought that two times over.
Now don't panic; deal with this calmly.
As an elite young adult candidate who's tasted both the sweets and sours of life!
Taichi: "WhWhWhWhWhWhat's wrong, Yamanobe-kun!? If you don't want me to, then I won't think of filling in that blank space on the paper! I' stating this honestly!"
My voice was shaking.
Taichi: "Oh no, she's crying, awawa."
I wiped the corners of her eyes.
she was about to make me cry too.
Miki: "Ah, no, it's nothing, yeah."
Miki: "Just a bit of youthful fluid leaking from my tear ducts......"
Taichi: "What......?"
Youthful fluid?
Taichi: "Don't scare me."
I wiped away my cold sweat.
Taichi: "Then this time I shall postpone the prince's (my) autograph signing."
Miki: "No!"
A scream that could make her throat hoarse.
Miki: "I need it! Please do it!"
Taichi: "Y-You want it that badly?"
I shrunk back.
Miki: "Please do it, please do it."
She repeated 『Please do it』 with a shrill voice.
My lower abdomen was getting hot.
Why is that?
Why is it doing that?
My corpus cavernosum is always ignoring my will and running wild on its own---
Even if I focused my thoughts on fairy tales, the beastliness wouldn't disappear.
Taichi: "F, fine, I'll do it."
Miki: "Here you go."
Miki fumbled around on her vertical chest, then took out her Matebook.
That's what they call the notebook which also doubles as the school's identification card.
Indeed.
It seems you do not know of the existence of this school's historic 『Matebook』; the #1 popular high-class public bathhouse available behind the train station of this 『City』.
(TL note: Taichi is most likely alluding to the ancient Roman public bathhouses, which were then a major part of daily social intercourse. He also seems to be creatively specifying the half of the city he lives in.)
You're given the notebook when you become a member of this society, and you receive a princess stamp each time you make use of it.
Based on the stamps you collect, they may decide to let you moderately enjoy prizes such as 'W' and 'Triple.'
......the Triple.
What kind of word is that?
Is that Shangri-la
Is the sun yellow?
An erection has come......
Crap.
If I shift to a forward-leaning position, Miki's going to catch on.
Miki's a virgin, but she's well versed in male biology.
Because I taught her.
She'll notice whether I lean forward or not, but if I remain dignified, I can at least save face.
Miki: "......"
Ah, she glanced.
Miki's face is fairly red now.
She says nothing.
She looked out of the window with a slight shyness.
Uwa, that just makes it more embarrassing. Say something.
Please use your words to toy with me.
The insolent yet shameful god of destruction was suppressed.
Perhaps because he has no firsthand experience, he's weak when faced honestly.
Direhara is prohibited.
*Direhara = Taichian for direct sexual harassment. Mostly immature indecency such as exposing genitalia and making a female touch them. Topknot, detonation switch, single-hook fishing, etc. Depending on the situation they may be seen as perverted conduct.
Or I should say, all of those are perfectly inexcusable acts of perversion.
Taichi: "You've nearly used up your notebook, Miki. It's falling apart."
Miki: "Falling apart."
Miki meaninglessly repeated my word as a form of agreement.
As I flipped through the pages, I found my very large signatures already scribbled in the margins.

GEORGE HENRY SHAFT Translation (2013):

After suitably passing time in the club room, I'm on my way back to the classroom.
A maiden was crouching in a corridor devoid of human presence.
Taichi: "Is everything well, oujou-san?"
I extended my hand towards her behind.
Girl: "Woh'tt'ooo!"
In a display of explosive force, the girl stood straight up, and gained distance with a suri-ashi.
She's quick to transition into combat readiness.
And, simultaneously with her springing up, she inflicted an attack on me.
Taichi: "...nice one there, very nice."
Girl: "Same to you, Senpai."
The rag that she threw towards my face fell from the one hand I had caught it with to the floor, in silence.
Taichi: "Been a while, hasn't it. 9, no, almost 10 hours now?"
Girl: "It has."
This girl so like the heroine of that famous fantasy novel adapted to the big screen stands up.
Be at ease. That's just her looks.
Taichi: "Would it be strange if I said that we haven't met in a long enough while that I forgot your name and the like?"
Girl: "Naaah."
Taichi: "Ah, but be at ease..."
Taichi: "Johnson."
Girl: "At least use a girl's name."
A face one could say had had enough of being thought foreign.
Taichi: "You've improved your skills, Miki."
Miki: "Yep."
Yamanobe Miki stuck out a chest so unplentiful it invites tears.
Miki: "Because my behind is valuable."
Taichi: "Although I managed just to graze it."
Miki: "Fanservice."
Unperturbed.
Taichi: "But until I flip that skirt..."
Miki: "You shan't flip. (Decisevely)"
Not bad.
Bluffs are no longer effective, then?
Taichi: "But it's fine. For this once, I'll let you carry the flowers so that you can take credit for this."
Miki: "Eheh!"
She smiled brightly.
Waaah, hug meee!
Taichi: "Watcha doing? Playing cleaning lady?"
Miki: "Ah, yes, things are a bit dirty lately."
Miki: "Me, ah' like 'em clean."
She flexes an Imaginary bicep.
Taichi: "All of your own initiative, that is very cool yes!"
Taichi: "...ahhh, I get it, I get it, say nothing further my sweet! There's no way, it's about my autograph, right? You desire the autograph of this Ijuin Taichi here. You've merely engaged in the good manners typical of our chosen career path and made a demand in ways roundabout."
Miki: "...ahh, yeah... that one, yes."
Miki: "Really been a long while there."
She makes a face that looks pained.
Or should I say, isn't she as if about to cry?
I even thought that twice dammit.
Getting flustered is a no go, cope with this with composure.
Like an elite cadet of yound adulthood who is experienced in the ways of the world, having tasted both its bitter and its sweet!
Taichi: "Wh-wh-wh-wh-wh-what is wrong, Yamanobe-kun?! If that is so disagreeable, than I shall not even think to wast that blank space! I proclaim this with honesty, see?!"
My voice just shakes.
Taichi: "Ohhh, she's crying, ahWahWah!"
She wipes the corners of her eyes,
which carries me to tearfulness as well.
Miki: "Ah, no, it's nothing, SAH!"
Miki: "It's just that my lachrymal glands leaked some adolescent juice..."
Taichi: "Whoa..."
Adolescent juice then.
Taichi: "Don't scare me then."
I wiped off cold sweat.
Taichi: "Well then, this time the Autograph of the Prince (me) is postponed."
Miki: "NO!"
A shriek as if her throat was hoarse.
Miki: "I need you in this! Do this please!"
Taichi: "Y, you want this done to you that badly?"
Faltering from my direction.
Miki: "Do this please! Do this please!"
I'm repeatedly called to "do this please" with a shrill voice.
The lower abdomen grew hotter.
But why, really?
For what reason, even?
Why must the erectile tissue of this innocent young boy ignore my volition and just rage---
I may have thought this in the tone of a fairy-tale, but the graphicness didn't go away.
Taichi: "I-, I got that, well then 'that' I'll do."
Miki: "Here!"
Miki groped about her perpendicular chest, then produced her MateBook.
So it is called at this school, this ID booklet with a second role.
Yes.
No dignitary of this school would be unaware of the existence of MateBook, the high-class bathhouse #1 in popularity located in the popular spot behind the main City's train station.
A notebook is given on gaining membership, and for every use a Princess Stamp is received.
The accumulation of stamps is the measure of how cheaply once can enjoy services such as the Double or the Triple.
...what's even a triple now.
What kind of world would be that?
Would it be Shangri-la?
And is the sun yellow?
I have erected...
This is bad!
If I take a gentle forwards Shift here, Miki will notice.
Miki might be a literal maiden, but she is acquainted with male physiology,
because I explained it to her.
Even if I don't lean I'll likely be spotted, but if I stay confident, I should at least look cool.
Miki: "..."
Ah, she glimpsed right then.
Miki's face goes fairly red.
She says nothing.
She turns her gaze towards the outside via the window, and fidgets slightly.
Wah, this is even more embarrassing! Say something!
Please make sport of me with words instead!
But the embarrasment is so great that this savage god of destruction grows subdued.
As a consequece of a lack of combat experience, perhaps, direct confrontation is a weakness.
Directassment prohibited.
* Directassment = Taichian for the Direct Performance of Sex-related Harassment. Mainly, infantile acts of obscenity such as exposing one's genitalia and making a person of the opposite gender touch it. Imitation chonmage, self-destruct button, fishing with a pole, et cetera. Depending on the situation, these could end up being considered molestation.
Or should I say that they all are flawlessly unquestionably molestation.
Taichi: "You've been using this notebook thoroughly, Miki. It's all worn!"
Miki: "All worn."
Miki assents by meaninglessly repeating my words.
Flipping the pages, I see annotation fields filled with my large-sized signature.

Edited by Nier

8 minutes ago, Nier said:

You shouldn't listen to people telling you what to do, rather you should judge it by yourself, especially since almost nobody actually played GHS translation, the reasons for that are:

1. Someone, somewhere on the internet once said that GHS suck so the parrots have been reapting the same mantra ever since

2. It came out many years after Amaterasu's translation, so most interested parties already read it

3. GHS translation patching requires more work to get it working than simply double clicking on the english patch and since Amaterasu is easier to patch and people shits on GHS translation almost nobody has actually bothered with it.

I made a post here making a comparison between Amaterasu and GHS translations, this is at the part where Miki is first introduced:

For me, GHS is really better. But I'm afraid of nobody read the patch because they say that GHS TL is shit. I'm still thinking what TL I will use.

If I use GHS TL, more people will know and read the GHS TL, making that idea of 'GHS TL is shit' go away (that's what I think so)

I dunno which is better but I think that GHS is easier to read and you are right that the original edition is very rough to look at, but I was wondering why not work on the latest version rather than the Reprint edition?

The CROSS†CHANNEL -FINAL COMPLETE- https://vndb.org/r35224 version was released in 2014 and is 720p, here is a screenshot:

86091.jpg

Edited by Nier

6 minutes ago, Nier said:

I dunno which is better but I think that GHS is easier to read and you are right that the original edition is very rough to look at, but I was wondering why not work on the latest version rather than the Reprint edition?

The Complete Edition has new scenarios events, and I don't know japanese :c 

Just now, sayakak said:

I was suspecting that might have been the reason, well in that case the Reprint Edition is the next best choice, unless you can find someone to translate the new scenarios?

1 minute ago, Nier said:

3 minutes ago, sayakak said:

I was suspecting that might have been the reason, well in that case the Reprint Edition is the next best choice, unless you can find someone to translate the new scenarios?

Yeah, but I need first look at the scripts, if they're separated, it will be a lot easy, but if is mixed on the normal, will be very hard :c

But I'm thinking in that, I will look at the Complete Edition and see with my eyes

The GHS translation is literally borderline fanfic. It's not a better translation and I'm not parroting anything.

He wrote 300 pages of bullshit on why he translated Cross+Channel the way he did and he forced his own views of the author into the translation, completely misinterpreting most of the work because he has warped views of Tanaka Romeo.

The translation is even more inaccurate to the Japanese text than the Amaterasu translation, and I say this as someone who read the GHS translation. I'm not saying you have to prefer the Amaterasu translation but it's genuinely better than GHS.

There's a reason people make fun of the GHS translation and it's not because only one person calls it crap, it's because it's genuinely awful.

Edited by Konu
edit

On 15/12/2017 at 12:51 AM, Konu said:

The GHS translation is literally borderline fanfic. It's not a better translation and I'm not parroting anything.

He wrote 300 pages of bullshit on why he translated Cross+Channel the way he did and he forced his own views of the author into the translation, completely misinterpreting most of the work because he has warped views of Tanaka Romeo.

The translation is even more inaccurate to the Japanese text than the Amaterasu translation, and I say this as someone who read the GHS translation. I'm not saying you have to prefer the Amaterasu translation but it's genuinely better than GHS.

There's a reason people make fun of the GHS translation and it's not because only one person calls it crap, it's because it's genuinely awful.

We can't do nothing about the translation if both sucks, nobody appeared to translate better.

I will use GHS translation, cause I think that is more easier to read. I want make CC more "readable" to people (640x480 sucks, y'know)

15 hours ago, sayakak said:

We can't do nothing about the translation if both sucks, nobody appeared to translate better.

I will use GHS translation, cause I think that is more easier to read. I want make CC more "readable" to people (640x480 sucks, y'know)

It's not more readable, it's a pile of nonsense.

But have fun doing a shitty job since you won't listen to what anyone says lol

I will be mean here, but let's be honest: So far, the people I saw complaining about the translations are native speaker (and very often the same persons) because the said translation don't match their taste in english literature, then they just go around and cry that the translation is bad because they don't have their share of slangs, americanized sentences (which often kill the meaning of the japanese sentence)

The sad thing is that almost all those people don't understand a single sentence in japanese (and funny thing is that none were never able to explain what was wrong in the translation when asked to). Just like Nier said someone, you just need someone, somewhere on the internet complaining, parrots have been reapting the same shit.

As long as you have no proof, you can say that personally you don't like the translation, but have no right to say that it's shit...

Edited by Kirashi

2 hours ago, Beichuuka said:

Unless you provide the JP script as well no comparison can really be made.

This comparison can be used to disprove all the wild and alarmist claims that GHS is not a "translation" but a "fanfiction" and other such nonsense.

And certainly you can compare the two translations since they are both in the same language and when comparing them you can see that both translations are saying the same thing, albeit they are just worded differently.

About including the japanese script, are you fluent in japanese? Because I am not and almost all western VN fans aren't either.

Edited by Nier

1 hour ago, Nier said:

This comparison can be used to disprove all the wild and alarmist claims that GHS is not a "translation" but a "fanfiction" and other such nonsense.

And certainly you can compare the two translations since they are both in the same language and when comparing them you can see that both translations are saying the same thing, albeit they are just worded differently.

About including the japanese script, are you fluent in japanese? Because I am not and almost all western VN fans aren't either.

Well, last I checked we were talking about "bad translation" and not "bad writing".
Those two translations can have nothing to do with the source material and we'd never know unless we had the original script.

And yes, I am in fact fluent in Japanese, if you really must know.

41 minutes ago, Beichuuka said:

And yes, I am in fact fluent in Japanese, if you really must know.

Well then, why don't you play the japanese version or watch the japanese version in english and compare it to the script I posted of the two translations?

14 minutes ago, Nier said:

Well then, why don't you play the japanese version or watch the japanese version in english and compare it to the script I posted of the two translations?

Maybe I don't own the game.
I feel like it's just simple courtesy to actually provide the source text when you try to talk about translations, you know?
Again, if you don't provide the original, you aren't comparing translations, you're comparing writing.

1 hour ago, Beichuuka said:

I feel like it's just simple courtesy to actually provide the source text when you try to talk about translations, you know?

How do you propose I do that? As I mentioned I am not fluent in japanese, the comparison I made between Amaterasu and GHS translations was typed by hand by myself, I can't do that for japanese.

You don't own the game? Okay, as I mentioned go on youtube and watch a video of the game and compare the part that I made a comparison of to the original japanese script, I am sure a few japanese uploaded a video of themselves playing this game.

3 hours ago, Nier said:

How do you propose I do that? As I mentioned I am not fluent in japanese, the comparison I made between Amaterasu and GHS translations was typed by hand by myself, I can't do that for japanese.

You don't own the game? Okay, as I mentioned go on youtube and watch a video of the game and compare the part that I made a comparison of to the original japanese script, I am sure a few japanese uploaded a video of themselves playing this game.

You could find one of these videos you mention and link it, giving the time at which the scene occurs.
I don't know where to find the above scene, and while I have no plans of playing C+C now, I do plan on playing it sometime, and I don't plan for my first experience of the game to be watching someone's let's play.

7 hours ago, Beichuuka said:

You could find one of these videos you mention and link it, giving the time at which the scene occurs.

I couldn't find any videos of the original PC version (which is basically what all non-japanese speakers could only play so far since there is no other option), what I found was a video of the "For All People" version which is the All Ages PS3 version, so this is at the part where I made the comparison:

I am pretty sure that you won't be able to do a proper comparison with this because the script of this version was changed too much compared to the original 18+ PC game, I don't read japanese but I noticed in the "For All People" version there was a big amount of inner monologue added between the part where in the english fan-translation Taichi calls out Miki as "Oujou-san" and where she avoids his groping attempt, at that point Miki has a voice to say "woah!" but in the "For All People" they removed that voice and instead put in a line by Taichi that is unvoiced (the protagonist does not have a voice) also after that there is plenty of inner monologue with quite of bit of "!" and "?", this is completely absent from both english translations.

Also, while looking at the videos to find the section of the game where I made the comparison at, I noticed this:

In the original PC version this CG shows her white panties and Taichi (the protagonist) makes alot of joking comments and has alot of internal monologue about it, but here in the All Ages "For All People" version, there's no panties, I can't read japanese but I am sure they changed the script here to reflect on this change otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to talk for 10 minutes about a non-visible pair of panties as if they were (still) visible.

See the original CG:

k4PovkS.png

It seems that aside from the obvious sex scenes that the PS3 version has anything remotely non-all ages (such as panty shots) completely removed wether they be CG or even text and as such Taichi perveted jokes, perverted inner monologues and perverted tricks seem to have been removed, replaced or toned down so it's probably safe to assume that the script has had quite a bit of rewrites to reflect on that.

Edited by Nier

On 12/20/2017 at 8:14 AM, Kirashi said:

I will be mean here, but let's be honest: So far, the people I saw complaining about the translations are native speaker (and very often the same persons) because the said translation don't match their taste in english literature, then they just go around and cry that the translation is bad because they don't have their share of slangs, americanized sentences (which often kill the meaning of the japanese sentence)

The sad thing is that almost all those people don't understand a single sentence in japanese (and funny thing is that none were never able to explain what was wrong in the translation when asked to). Just like Nier said someone, you just need someone, somewhere on the internet complaining, parrots have been reapting the same shit.

As long as you have no proof, you can say that personally you don't like the translation, but have no right to say that it's shit...

Man that sure is a lot of assumptions about me that are blatantly false! But go on assuming you know anything about me.

The translations are shit because they're wildly inaccurate to the Japanese, because Ixrec doesn't actually speak Japanese in any competent capacity (he uses Edict to do his translations for him, a dictionary that is derided by anyone who actually knows Japanese)! And GHS's translation is even more inaccurate because the dude literally wrote 300 pages of bullshit on why he rewrote a ton of the game's dialogue and narration in later parts of the game to fit his warped views of Tanaka Romeo, often completely ignoring what the Japanese intended because it's ~not what Tanaka Romeo wanted~ even though Romeo wrote it himself.

And this isn't even going in to how both translations completely ignore Romeo's writing styles and how he characterizes his own characters.

This isn't about "Americanizing", this is about the Amaterasu TL being shit, but GHS being maggot-infested week old roadkill rotting in the sun.

Edited by Konu

42 minutes ago, Konu said:

Man that sure is a lot of assumptions about me that are blatantly false! But go on assuming you know anything about me.

Hum... Sorry? Do we know each other?

42 minutes ago, Konu said:

The translations are shit because they're wildly inaccurate to the Japanese, because Ixrec doesn't actually speak Japanese in any competent capacity (he uses Edict to do his translations for him, a dictionary that is derided by anyone who actually knows Japanese)!And this isn't even going in to how both translations completely ignore Romeo's writing styles and how he characterizes his own characters.

Source? Do you personally know Ixrec? Isn't that just your own assumptions? Or did you hear a great man somewhere on the internet say this? 

45 minutes ago, Konu said:

And this isn't even going in to how both translations completely ignore Romeo's writing styles and how he characterizes his own characters.

I don't have any information about GHS so talking to me about him/them is pointless. But just to be sure, how do you know that they completely ignore Romeo's writing styles? How is Romeo's writing style? Can you explain me? Or did you hear this from a great man again?

47 minutes ago, Konu said:

This isn't about "Americanizing", this is about the Amaterasu TL being shit, but GHS being maggot-infested week old roadkill rotting in the sun.

Ok, really, alright. You now proved me that Amaterasu TL is shit, I'm gonna delete all his translation right now!

Ok, let's be serious now. First, I didn't say all of this in regard of Amaterasu translation only. You can often see one person without knowledge in japanese around here saying "Oh my godddddddd, look this sentence, this is shit, the the translator is noob so the translation has to be bad, boycott, boycott!!!!". Sadly I see that really often, and people might be digusted about a VN without even playing it. And since people tend to put "bad writing" and "bad translation" in the same box, we have this kind confusing situation like the one we are having here.

Another point that made me give up fighting on this subject: I once spotted a VN badly translated, I showed a sentence from one of the first line of the demo, I had rougly 2 kinds of answers from native speakers, some said that the kanji are almost the same, so can't be helped if translator got it wrong, and some other (and more honest) just didn't care, cauz all those english slangs and make up words matched their taste...

Just to say that all of this is a matter of taste. The fact that you don't like a thing doesn't give you the right to say it's shit unless you use your something more than your own assumptions to prove it.

I said anything I had to say. I won't answer anymore in this thread since this is going nowhere.

On 20/12/2017 at 5:03 AM, Konu said:

It's not more readable, it's a pile of nonsense.

But have fun doing a shitty job since you won't listen to what anyone says lol

I put on parenteses that 640x480 sucks. Did you ever see it? 

I'm not talking about the TL, i'm talking about the quality of VN. 

Shitty job? Oh well, what i'm doing is shit only because you don't like the GHS translation? Anyone? Dude, you are the only that is saying this.

Edited by sayakak
being less toxic, anyone? lol