A question concerning connections between Da Capo II and Da Capo's characters.

Ryleona

Quick question. While having completely played Da Capo II and III, and only having dabbled in Da Capo, finding problems getting into it probably due to it's aging, I was wondering. Are certain routes in Da Capo worth playing just for the connections between characters in I and II? A.k.a both Shirakawas, both Minatsus, Nemu and Otome/Yume.

The only routes that are probably necessary to play if you want to fully understand what's what are Sakura's and Nemu's. With that said you can fully enjoy the series without the original, however it's much easier to appreciate certain aspects with those particular routes played.

For more elaborate answer, I think you didn't really need to play all of that. But at the same time, Da Capo 1 was quite a good charage anyway for that time from what I'd heard. In the end, it's up to you though to continue it or not but it might be interesting to knew where's all the stuff in Da Capo 2 and 3 came from.

Ohkay so um...

Just finished Sakura route... Going to run Nemu in a few minutes...

I'M SO CONFUSED.

I HAVE SO MANY NEW QUESTIONS.

HELP MEEEEEEE.

Pls tell me I get some answers in Nemu's route.

I'm gonna need to re-read II and III again(was planning to re-read II anyways so yay I guess. Not so happy about III tho.)

I can't look at the other games the same anymore.

4 hours ago, Ryleona said:

Ohkay so um...

Just finished Sakura route... Going to run Nemu in a few minutes...

I'M SO CONFUSED.

I HAVE SO MANY NEW QUESTIONS.

HELP MEEEEEEE.

Pls tell me I get some answers in Nemu's route.

I'm gonna need to re-read II and III again(was planning to re-read II anyways so yay I guess. Not so happy about III tho.)

I can't look at the other games the same anymore.

So what's your question then? If you still didn't get the answer after playing Nemu's route there, then you could just post it here and hopefully you'll get the answer.

39 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

So what's your question then? If you still didn't get the answer after playing Nemu's route there, then you could just post it here and hopefully you'll get the answer.

It's not so much a single question as much as a huge mass of wtf did I just witness, I need details. Mostly questions about what exactly the Everlasting Cherry Tree is.

Specifically, what was the evil/other Sakura(with the red eyes, who was casually telling Nemu that she was going to be killed by the Tree)?

How did the Cherry Tree come to be? Is it a creation of pure magic? Was it a normal tree once that was granted/gained it's powers?

Why does Sakura seem to have some degree of control over it that other characters don't.(Please don't say because of her name. I will find you.) 

How exactly did Sakura's influence cause it to start granting hostile wishes?

What is the "passage between everyone's dreams"?

What exactly is Sakura's "dream", and when did it start?

Do we encounter this evil/other Sakura in the other games, and how often?

Is the Tree, or Sakura responsible for the time travel/dimension hopping bs in D.C. III?

I have so many more questions, that's just the tip of the iceberg known as my thirst for knowledge.

In D.C. II and III, I just saw the Tree as "that tree that can grant wishes, both good and bad, while it should only grant good wishes. Sakura is tied to the tree much more deeply than other characters, and has some degree of control over it". Now, I feel like there's a whole new depth to the tree, as well as the dream magic the MC's have access too. And I want to know EVERYTHING. I'm a massive lore hunter/theorist. Lore/Theory heavy VN's like (The) Fate (Franchise) and Clannad are my jam, and I hope after re-reading the D.C. games, I can find a similar amount of depth.