Umm... what?

Whoisthatguy96

Looks like they are branching out to other developers. I mean, if they just stick to Chinese TLs, that's fine and all, but the super engrish summary they have on the page makes me fear the worst. Could mean that they won't stop making terrible English TLs of their titles. *Sigh*

I mean, Sekai Project is already localizing one of Lose's loli games, so I don't see why THAT part surprises people.

I'm just hoping Hikari Field has given up on their terrible engrish TLs... Their attitude is just disgusting tbh. Someone called them out on their bullshit, and their reaction was simply just brushing it off with "no, you're wrong, good day." Like, wtf.

4 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

But it just supports Japanese and Chinese languages, so it doesn't seem relevant to the English market anyway.

Phew... hopefully it stays that way.

The engrish summary does worry me, though. Maybe they'll do a terrible English version later. :amane:

About Monobeno, looks like this is quite an interesting VN looking from VNDB scores. Although looking that this came from same company as Maitetsu (Loss) in which from what I remember that Sekai did have a hard time to confirm the sex scenes because the girls looks underage, looks like this VN will gonna have a hard time if they really intended to have 18+ released as well. But then again, seeing that this VN already have PSV release (I didn't need to point out of harsh the censorship on console, did I?) it should be very possible to release it at Steam, if they port PSV version that is.

Potential controversy aside for either decision to release it censored or not, seeing that the publisher (Hikari Field) was already get that from back when they did a reply letter filled with a refusal to listen and lots of space, I think it's the best that if we wary about them. Or maybe not if they just decided to published it in Chinese, and Chinese ONLY.

This is my favorite part

Apart from the age-old Tang Umbrella Monster Hisyakaku, he was reunited with two young girls: his childhood sweetheart, Alice Arisma, and Red Bear Monster, Sumi.

When there was a mask dancing at the summer festival, Natsuha Sawai fell down and suddenly grew up. Only through one night long, her body turned to an adult size. She was tortured by this abnormal growing, both physically and mentally.

It was caused by disease or monsters’ haunting?

Like what the fuck is an age-old Tang Umbrella Monster? What's an Red Bear Monster? What is that? What is it supposed to be? Is that a thing I'm supposed to be aware of? I'm not aware of it until this moment. I wish I wans't aware of it!

So did she literally fall down and grow older I guess?  This abnormal growing? What the hell does that even mean? Why was a mask dancing? Layers and layers of confusing bullshit!

Edited by Ranzo

I seriously hope this is some kind of a sick joke.

This rather sudden announcement made me go "wat", as I honestly can't believe Lose signed any sort of an agreement with Hikari Field. They are a highly respected studio and I really doubt they'd go to such lengths to actually publish their games on Steam, especially Monobeno. At one point, I breathed a sigh of relief, because there's no "english translation" available (yet), which might mean they are simply porting the new, all-ages version onto Steam. On the other hand - considering the fact Maitetsu has been licensed by SP, this leads me to believe Hikari Field might have plans to offer an "english" translation at one point in the near future. What is obvious, is that they are clearly unfit to do this kind of work and what makes me even more annoyed is the fact they're taking money for it, while Lose seems to be completely unaware with whom they are basically talking with.

It's pretty much obvious to me now, Hikari Field is just a scam chinese company, trying to benefit from the current flood of far eastern games, with as low initial costs, as possible. I seriously hope, someone finds enough courage to mail Lose and politely explain them this whole situation as to why they shouldn't trust Hikari Field. I don't want them to have their western reputation completely ruined.

That said, wasn't SP actually interested to reserve their whole game lineup?

3 hours ago, Ranzo said:

So did she literally fall down and grow older I guess?  This abnormal growing? What the hell does that even mean? Why was a mask dancing? Layers and layers of confusing bullshit!

Yes, she literally collapsed, then grew from a child to an adult overnight. As for the mask dancing, I assume it's talking about kagura.

Edited by Tamaki Sakura

4 hours ago, Ranzo said:

This is my favorite part

Apart from the age-old Tang Umbrella Monster Hisyakaku, he was reunited with two young girls: his childhood sweetheart, Alice Arisma, and Red Bear Monster, Sumi.

When there was a mask dancing at the summer festival, Natsuha Sawai fell down and suddenly grew up. Only through one night long, her body turned to an adult size. She was tortured by this abnormal growing, both physically and mentally.

It was caused by disease or monsters’ haunting?

Like what the fuck is an age-old Tang Umbrella Monster? What's an Red Bear Monster? What is that? What is it supposed to be? Is that a thing I'm supposed to be aware of? I'm not aware of it until this moment. I wish I wans't aware of it!

I don't understand this. I've seen some cg's and she's a loli.