SeaBed demo is out

PhleBuster

We just got a playable demo for our upcoming yuri-themed visual novel SeaBed up. To play it, just navigate to the Steam page and click "Download Demo".

The demo features around the first hour of gameplay from the visual novel and focuses on two of the main characters: Sachiko and Takako.

The upcoming release (as well as the demo) has English and Japanese language options and its graphics have been upgraded to 1440x1080 resolution, with support for multiple resolutions. 

The game's currently being reviewed by Zakamutt on behalf of Fuwa, so you can look forward to some impressions there too, but in the meantime why not check it out for yourself?

The full game is out December 19. The full game has an estimated playtime of 20-30 hours.

demo.png

Synopsis
SeaBed is a critically acclaimed yuri-themed mystery visual novel told through the perspectives of three separate characters: Mizuno Sachiko, a designer plagued by hallucinations of her past lover; Narasaki Hibiki, Sachiko's friend and a psychiatrist researching the workings of human memories; and Takako, Sachiko's former lover who has been rapidly forgetting her past, including how or why the two women drifted apart despite being together since childhood. 

All three live in different worlds, but seek the same goal. To separate truth from illusion. To make sense of their own lives.

I'm personally super excited for the game, and looking forward to your impressions!

Well they just doujin company, so I think it's understandable if they want to save money in regard of the seiyuu, and not to mention the recording process. Oh this VN was all ages anyway, so unfortunately there's no explicit yuri sex scenes where the girls would be do the moaning - from the demo there's only one that going to that direction, and it was fade to black after both girls ready. Not that I would suggest any children to read Seabed there, because it's obviously too difficult to understand by the children.

Anyway, congratulation for the demo release there and from the picture I admit that it's my reason to try this VN, although apparently there's more behind that so I'll look forward to the final release and play it fully if possible.

13 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Well they just doujin company, so I think it's understandable if they want to save money in regard of the seiyuu, and not to mention the recording process. Oh this VN was all ages anyway, so unfortunately there's no explicit yuri sex scenes where the girls would be do the moaning - from the demo there's only one that going to that direction, and it was fade to black after both girls ready. Not that I would suggest any children to read Seabed there, because it's obviously too difficult to understand by the children.

Anyway, congratulation for the demo release there and from the picture I admit that it's my reason to try this VN, although apparently there's more behind that so I'll look forward to the final release and play it fully if possible.

Thank you kindly! There's much more to the story, but I think you should get a pretty good idea from the demo whether you like the style or not. While it's a psychological mystery by nature, the story is more about the everyday going-ons and the characters than some single big twist.

• 2 weeks later...

Late to report this, but we finally have this VN released - congratulations for the release. For anyone else who already got the copy, have fun.

On 12/8/2017 at 1:55 AM, PhleBuster said:

Thank you kindly! There's much more to the story, but I think you should get a pretty good idea from the demo whether you like the style or not. While it's a psychological mystery by nature, the story is more about the everyday going-ons and the characters than some single big twist.

I see, well I'll keep in mind about everyday going-ons there when I read this.

1 hour ago, PhleBuster said:

Thank you! Very happy to have this out and curious see the reception - both as our first yuri game, and for the unique story.

You're from Fruitbat? If so, this will be my second experience with the group, being the first reading Miniature Garden - which deserves a lot more attention that it gets - so I have high expectations with this. There are still very few yuri and yaoi games translated, so it is always nice to see a group getting into translating them.

My VN backlog keeps increasing, I stopped being able to keep up anymore around a few months ago, especially with all the releases this year.

4 minutes ago, Silvz said:

You're from Fruitbat?

Yeah he is, Fruitbat Factory also did the Eiyuu senki PS3 localization. And Magical Eyes - Red is for Anguish as well.

Edited by Nier

1 hour ago, Nier said:

My VN backlog keeps increasing, I stopped being able to keep up anymore around a few months ago, especially with all the releases this year.

Yeah he is, Fruitbat Factory also did the Eiyuu senki PS3 localization. And Magical Eyes - Red is for Anguish as well.

I don't have a PS3 D: I heard about Fruitbat when they announced Little Busters with Doki, then I got interested in Miniature Garden - again, a great title. Magical Eyes is also in my to-read list, but honestly I forgot about it, so thank you for reminding me.

I'm also thinking on giving up on my backlog and starting a new list with games I will read in the next few months, as there are many already that I'll probably never really read, while many, many others keep getting released. Now with this last MG bundle I got at least 2 or 3 more VNs than I was already planning (only Higurashi before).

However, I'm not as old in the medium as many here are, but to have so many options, so many good quality translations in such a small timeframe makes me very happy. When I began reading VNs, there were only those "50 vns to read in your life" that were actually good. Clannad was still machine translated, only Jast released stuff, even Fuwa was still a website focused on torrents.

I have to thank not only Fruitbat but also everybody who is making this genre grow in the west, and I'll keep helping how I can, both buying and giving back to the community.