My passion project

Naoe

So some of you may have already knew I was doing something, but now I want to say what exactly it will be.

My project is called "The Heroines." Set in a southern state in the US. The story will follow 17 year old Jon adjusting to life in a new city. On his first few days attending the school he ends up meeting a group of remarkable girls. All of which have superpowers. Jons life just gets more complicated as he deals with living in a new home, high school, and his relationship with the girls. Plus he has to help them overcome a greater challenge.

I had started this idea since spring last year and I'm still working on it.

There'll be 8 routes (including the prologue and last route).

Possibly h-scenes.

Will be a free game (hence why I called it a passion project).

Oh, and it will have a comic book look to it. c:

In one way or another I will do it.

Is "The Heroines" a working title or something you'll be going through with? :)

The premise, TBH, sounds a bit cliched, but if you do the setting right and use different approach to superpowers than it is typical in Japanese VNs, it might end up being very intriguing/fresh. I really don't like the fact that so many OELVNs are set in Japan and leech on western-otaku perception of Japanese culture for no apparent reason. Just placing everything in a different geographical/cultural context and properly using that fact to the story's advantage can make all the difference in the world. :)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Sounds pretty cool, especially that it's set in the United States! After all they say write about what you know, which makes for a much more natural story and for easier writing in my opinion. The plot might be cliche, but I think that doesn't matter as long as the writing is good. Any plot can work out if the author puts work into it. 

Also:

11 hours ago, Naoe said:

The story will follow 17 year old Jon

Possibly h-scenes.

Isn't that in a grey legality area or is that okay in the states. There's just always those disclaimers at the start of Japanese Visual Novels.

Are you doing all of the visuals and music yourself? If so that's really cool.

Well I made the setting in the USA, because I live here, and it makes more since. I don't know sh*t about Japan (btw is it okay to swear on the forums?). Although, I do hope to one day make a VN set in Japan.

For f*ck sake... read the last comment I made to the other guy.

And sure its fine. 

To answer your question I want to, but it's gonna be hard since I'm not talented at any of those things.

• 2 weeks later...