Hey there!

UnusuallyNormal

Hey guys, UnusuallyNormal here.

I'm now about 3 years into VNs, I came to this forum a few times before and follow the Weekly TL Updates. I actually didn't have much interest, but some years ago I watched like 3 animes that the protagonist or a main character was a big fan of VNs and decided to try it out. I started with Fate/Stay Night and G-senjou no Maou and I liked them very much. Recently I reading/playing(I don't know which to type in this case) comedy and romance genres and I can't wait for JAST USA Majikoi's(one of my favorite series so far) release.

I'm about 2 years learning Japanese and right now I'm in a level that I can understand thing pretty well. Obviously I'm not a pro, but I can manega to read a VN and understand it(though I check the dictionary a lot). Right now my Japanese classes are in a break because too many people in my class gave up and now I have to wait a new class to open(merging the remaining scattered classes), but that's only going to happen in March.

As I don't want to forget stuff, I thought it would be a good idea to try helping to translate VNs as it would also help me study. I decided to start somewhere between small and decent, like a interface translation to with Sono Kojou ni Yuusha Hou Ari!, as I like softhouse chara's titles. Big mistake, the tools people used to use on softhouse chara's Bunny Black doesn't work anymore as they are using an ".afg" file that no one(that I found) knows how to reverse-engineer it. So I tried other titles of other producers using asmodeus' tools, but I had no idea how to use them and found no tutorials(not that I searched that long). So now I am offering to help to translate(keep in my my limitations as I never seriously translated anything for others before).

Sorry for the long introduction. Thanks for reading.

11 minutes ago, UnusuallyNormal said:

Sorry for the long introduction. Thanks for reading.

Indeed, how do you expect people on a VN forums to suffer through something this long? Outrageous! ^^

Welcome to Fuwa! I hope I'll be where you are in two years, actually being able to read anything serious in Japanese. Slow starts are slow... ;]

Edited by Plk_Lesiak