Sansha Mendan Full Translation Released

Quof

3 hours ago, Quof said:

Well, for people who like that kind of thing, I imagine this is great.  I'm not one of those people.  I have as much interest in it as I do in a root canal without anesthesia.

So far from what I've played of it, it's pretty good... as a rapist protagonist nukige. One of the better nukiges in this category methinks. Though, I wish it had more real plot but alas, I know I'm asking for too much. That being said, quof did a good job with translation, so I have nothing to really complain about.

15 hours ago, FinalCloud said:

My thoughts? FFS another male protagonist r$ping women story trasnalted, great! /sarcasm

Why could they not have translated something else -.-

To each their own I guess. Though to be honest, I believe that comments like "Why could they not have translated something else" are in bad taste. Obviously, they wanted to translate this (for free) and not something else. Maybe they didn't want to fan-translate another mindless moege (that we already got a plenty of so far) and instead wanted something more hardcore. Why would anybody specifically want to translate any VN that you want to see? That's not how fan-translation scene works. Translators work on titles they are interested in and those titles aren't always popular with the whole VN community. There are VNs for everybody.

26 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

So far from what I've played of it, it's pretty good... as a rapist protagonist nukige. One of the better nukiges in this category methinks. Though, I wish it had more real plot but alas, I know I'm asking for too much. That being said, quof did a good job with translation, so I have nothing to really complain about.

To each their own I guess. Though to be honest, I believe that comments like "Why could they not have translated something else" are in bad taste. Obviously, they wanted to translate this (for free) and not something else. Maybe they didn't want to fan-translate another mindless moege (that we already got a plenty of so far) and instead wanted something more hardcore. Why would anybody specifically want to translate any VN that you want to see? That's not how fan-translation scene works. Translators work on titles they are interested in and those titles aren't always popular with the whole VN community. There are VNs for everybody.

I dont dispute their right to translate whatever VN they want. But as I was giving my personal opinion, ofc I wish they had translated something that I could/would want to play =/. As you say, "to each their own."

Edited by FinalCloud

It's kind of interesting that rape hentai nukiges seem to have the most active fan translation scene nowadays. I think in the last 2 - 3 years most newer Lilith nukiges got translated, while the overall fan translation scene seems to be almost dead these days. The only remarkable fan translated title was Hatsukoi this year.

It was almost the opposite years ago, when pretty much no nukiges were fan translated, just everything else. But I guess most fan translators from back then are doing it as a job now. Certainly not a bad thing at all, but it seems like anything that doesn't get picked up by Manga Gamer, Sekai Project & Co. is guaranteed to never see the light of the day in the west.

Anyway, I'm not really into rape hentai and although Bishop seems to be rather popular, the art style isn't really my thing either. In that regard Lilith is much better, but their titles are even more extreme than this lol. It's almost ironic, despite being just a hardcore hentai producer, Lilith has actually quite interesting SciFi settings in their nukiges, while the so called 'creative elite' of VN's pretty much only manage to create the most boring school life VN's.

Edited by ChaosRaven

42 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

It's kind of interesting that rape hentai nukiges seem to have the most active fan translation scene nowadays. I think in the last 2 - 3 years most newer Lilith nukiges got translated, while the overall fan translation scene seems to be almost dead these days. The only remarkable fan translated title was Hatsukoi this year.

It was almost the opposite years ago, when pretty much no nukiges were fan translated, just everything else. But I guess most fan translators from back then are doing it as a job now. Certainly not a bad thing at all, but it seems like anything that doesn't get picked up by Manga Gamer, Sekai Project & Co. is guaranteed to never see the light of the day in the west.

Anyway, I'm not really into rape hentai and although Bishop seems to be rather popular, the art style isn't really my thing either. In that regard Lilith is much better, but their titles are even more extreme than this lol. It's almost ironic, despite being just a hardcore hentai producer, Lilith has actually quite interesting SciFi settings in their nukiges, while the so called 'creative elite' of VN's pretty much only manage to create the most boring school life VN's.

I personally am weird with R$pe stuff, I actually find some of these games kind of entertaining IF the protagonist is Female and the victim (or one of them) e.g. Asagi and some other lilth games (There are some I like with a male protagonist E.g. Starless, but they do often tend to be NTR which I do not like, Starless only has very mild NTR). But I hate playing as a male going around r$ping women, it is just boring (I was actually convinced by some people to play euphoria recently, and it is just about in the realms I can accept, as u can empathise with the protagonist, though the game is pretty fucked up =/). A non-nukige VN or even a nukige VN with no r$pe I will only play if the protagonist is Male. Hentai psychology huh?

Edited by FinalCloud