IMHHW snow presents translation project

ratboi

51+SGXy8lIL.jpg

Hello all. For the last year I have been trying to start on this project. It's been a long bumpy road.

This started as a "VNR" translation. But it has now become a full patch.

We are currently looking for a translator. If you are interested, please message me. 

Edited by ratboi

2 hours ago, OutoftheBox said:

Is this a machine tl? If so, I'd suggest you reconsider. Don't waste your time on something that will get bashed and that almost no one will play.

I have a close friend who speaks Japanese. I am doing the machine translation as a basis for him, and i'm paying him to look through it and translate it properly.

11 hours ago, ratboi said:

I have a close friend who speaks Japanese. I am doing the machine translation as a basis for him, and i'm paying him to look through it and translate it properly.

I don't follow. 

He speaks Japanese, but you are sending him a poorly translated MT, which he then edits? In other words, he isn't translating the actual RAW line himself? This makes very little sense. 

5 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

I don't follow. 

He speaks Japanese, but you are sending him a poorly translated MT, which he then edits? In other words, he isn't translating the actual RAW line himself? This makes very little sense. 

Well no, because the Japanese text is next to the English.

14 minutes ago, ratboi said:

Well no, because the Japanese text is next to the English.

But if he is translating it, why are giving him a machine translation as well? I don't see what purpose that serves. 97% of it will have to be scrapped and re-written completely, probably taking up more time than simply TLing each line from scratch, like normal. 

2 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

But if he is translating it, why are giving him a machine translation as well? I don't see what purpose that serves. 97% of it will have to be scrapped and re-written completely, probably taking up more time than simply TLing each line from scratch, like normal. 

What i'm saying is, he's only replacing certain words or things that dont make sense in context. Also, before you say so, this will be a shitty translation and im not denying that. Im simpky doing this for fun.

I'm completely against that, and you made it seem he ~knows~ japanese, but is not japanese. This and the fact it is a machine translation is a very obvious recipe for disaster.

You can do whatever you want, really, but I don't think you should advertise it as a translation project.

4 hours ago, Silvz said:

You can do whatever you want, really, but I don't think you should advertise it as a translation project.

Why not? At least he honestly tells about quality and trying to make it good. It is not a Kickstarter(Kyuuketsuki no Libra and Chrono Clock) nor paid translation.

Personally, I believe it will be better(or at least on same level) than original Moenovel release, or Kyuuketsuki no Libra, that we paid money for called "translation"...

I worked with machine translation in the past, and I can confirm that it takes the same amount of time, if not more time, to edit properly compare with translating from scratch.

This is why if a translation team take over a poorly translated project, we'd rather do it again than editing old translation. Pabloc may feel the same way while editing Kono Oozora.

Edited by syfjhz22

9 hours ago, TheGuy21 said:

Gambare! Been awhile since I've been here, good to see that IMHHW is still being translated and updated. Let me know how it goes. This is for the eroge cracked ver right? Not the Steam ver

no, its for one of the fandiscs

25 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Even though it's only the fandisc, good luck to you there even though most people might find your method was questionable. Oh, and if possible could you show us the translation there? Because I'm sure that many people would be like to knew how good your translation was.

It would be possible to upload a sort of "preview" patch once the intro is finished.

3 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

As long as sentences makes sense and doesnt convey the wrong message then i honestly dont care how the sentences are structured. 

Hopefully the full game is out soon and ill happily play this after. Good luck with the project!

thank you