Tenioha! Surprise Stealth English Official Release on Nutaku

Nier

This is only going off part of the free trial I downloaded and the images from the website, but as far as I can tell, the translation is legible. I don't see any far-fetched mistranslations in the dialogue so far (and that's going off of whatever limited Japanese listening ability I can muster up) and it's thankfully not translated by a machine from the looks of it. Though, it is rather westernized since it uses first names instead of last names like the Japanese do (and of course, no honorifics), "spring break" instead of "golden week", and also "pervy video games" instead of "eroge". And, there was that time when I guess it was trying to translate a kanji joke literally. (that's going to go over some heads for sure) So, I would say it is "decent at the very least." It's just that the westernization can be a little off-putting for some depending on tolerance. Though, sometimes there is a missing word in a sentence. (I think I've come across that twice so far.)

Though, it is rather westernized since it uses first names instead of last names like the Japanese do (and of course, no honorifics), "spring break" instead of "golden week", and also "pervy video games" instead of "eroge".

:notlikemiya:

Honorifics okay, my weeaboo soul can deal with this, but names... oh shi...

Edited by ShinRaikdou

4 hours ago, borisjoker said:

holy shi...!! just looked at the NSFW sccreenshots on vndb and... h-h-holy shit! h-he has a D!

dont get too excited. (thats what im getting from this post. if youre not, im sorry for the misunderstanding) the trap has the shortest route in the vn and less h scenes.

Edited by mitchhamilton

Oh wow, Nutaku censored this game:

Looks like all of the Haruki scenes have been completely removed. The character still appears in the promotional material, though. They aren't mentioned on the store page, but otherwise, there is no direct mention any form of censorship. I thought Nutaku committed to transparency for censorship decisions. Guess they decided to go back to their old ways.

edit: Oh wait, this is a cross-dressing boy. Welp. Yeah, cut out the gay route, that'll look good. Way to go, Nutaku.

Also removed is the virgin blood.

Edited by Nier

While I can't exactly say that I'd shed a tear for loosing a trap route, the message Nutaku is sending with that action is questionable at best. You could get the idea that Nutaku's 'moral codex' doesn't go along as well with gay relationships as expected from an open-minded and liberal company. They could get some very bad publicity because of that.

If they dislike the content of the VN so much that they are cutting large junks of it, then I wonder why they decided to translate that VN in the first place. I mean, the number of untranslated VN's is still huge, so it shouldn't have been particularly hard to find one to their liking.

Don't support Nutaku constant failure to disclose censorship even after saying they would just goes to prove that they are a bad vn company. Hell I'd put them next to moenovel in terms of quality even. That is not a good thing. Admittedly I'm not the type who would purchase this game to begin with but point still stands poor translations and censored content (without disclosure) is an issue.

Just now, kyrt said:

Asonn this actually makes no sense as in Japan the images will still be censored by mosaics and therefore everything will still be censored...

My point does make sense as the censor I was talking about was the game content en not the genitals. I do get your point tho. 

But if you want your virgin blood and traps and other taboo topics that western companies are scared of.

you ought to learn some Japanese!!!!!!!!!!!

there´s no traps in this world if you were to go by emperor trumps doctrin & a virgin´s blood is nothing but a myth. everyone´s a natural born fucker. e.g. nutaku standing synonymous for healthy sexual education, like tools of conservative governmental propaganda. aight.

Just now, Tamaki Sakura said:

Why would Nutaku censor the gay route? They don't have the excuse of "well, it might violate the law" in this case. It's just plain homophobia.

Agreed.

Also Question: Did they also censor lines that implied a possible bisexuality for the protag?

Though Nutaku should mentioned about it, but this is not a big deal.

I am sure blood can be restored by simple patch. And trap... why is "this" even here along with normal girls, and why people even need it...?

I can understand that it's a matter of principle, but is it really so necessary? This is not Moenovel level, and you can count this as additional safety for Normies, so that they can't accidentally slip into Trap hole.

Edited by ShinRaikdou