Need help to extract the scripts from Chrono Clock and Eden*

Yuno-Gasai

Hello everyone,

So I would like to start a french translation of Chrono Clock or Eden* but the team I work with can't extract the script of said games. So I would like to know if any of you got any tips to extract the scripts of english releases of these games ?

Thank you very much in advance. ^.^

18 minutes ago, Xander said:

You can use this: https://github.com/xmoeproject/CMVS-Engine With this tool you can extract the cpz files and get the script/image and other stuff and repack them, but there isn't a cpz repacker so, that's the only problem. 

Thank you very much for your answer.

I don't want to bother you but could you please explain me how the ps3textdumper folder works and how do you use the files in there to extract the text from Ps3 files please ?

Sorry to bother you and thank you very much for your help.

Edited by Yuno-Gasai

24 minutes ago, Yuno-Gasai said:

Thank you very much for your answer.

I don't want to bother you but could you please explain me how the ps3textdumper folder works and how do you use the files in there to extract the text from Ps3 files please ?

Sorry to bother you and thank you very much for your help.

You shall to use CPZV6Unpacker for extract the cpz file that contain the script files (.ps3 files) then you have to use the ps3 or ps2 text dumper to dump that .ps3 files into .txt

In the case of chrono clock you shall to use the ps2 text dumper, just drag the ps3 file into the ps2.exe and the program will left you a .txt with the script. If you want repack the .txt into the .ps3 again you shall to use the ps3 packer.exe, that's all. 

1 hour ago, Zapiboss said:

Hello Xander !

There isn't any executable files in the git ?

I don't know how to compile cpp file to make an exe one.

I also tried by myself with CodeBlocks but i get this error message :

wdXbuCC.png

Thank you in advance.

In the "binary" folder are the executables 

@Xander

Oh my god, i really missed that folder :'D

Thank you, i wouldn't have seen like the blind idiot i am otherwise !

EDIT : Oups, when i try to repack with PurplePS3Packer.exe, it says :

oPKjrmj.png

(Don't bother the "Minori Tools", wrong folder :D)

Maybe because i extracted with Ps2TextDumper.exe instead of Ps3 ? (Ps3TextDumper.exe crash when i try, so not possible to extract ps3 files with that exe)

Having the txt files and not being able to repack them into ps3 files will be a big problem, the game can't read the files like this ^^"

Thank you again for helping us.

EDIT 2 : Doesn't work with japanese or english ones, for the unpacking with Ps3textdumper, crash and repack with PurplePS3 (after extract with Ps2textdumper) gives also a crash.

Edited by Zapiboss

@Zapiboss
you got the wrong parameter, just put the original script, and the tools will seek the translated text automatically*...
*i just test with amatsutsumi
and, one more thing... this tools is made for chinese translation, so you need to change some parameter...

@Yuno-Gasai
translation tools for Chrono Clock already exits, made by our fellow fuwa friend @marcus-beta, get it here,  dont forget to thank him if you use it.

10 hours ago, Zapiboss said:

@Xander

Oh my god, i really missed that folder :'D

Thank you, i wouldn't have seen like the blind idiot i am otherwise !

EDIT : Oups, when i try to repack with PurplePS3Packer.exe, it says :

oPKjrmj.png

(Don't bother the "Minori Tools", wrong folder :D)

Maybe because i extracted with Ps2TextDumper.exe instead of Ps3 ? (Ps3TextDumper.exe crash when i try, so not possible to extract ps3 files with that exe)

Having the txt files and not being able to repack them into ps3 files will be a big problem, the game can't read the files like this ^^"

Thank you again for helping us.

EDIT 2 : Doesn't work with japanese or english ones, for the unpacking with Ps3textdumper, crash and repack with PurplePS3 (after extract with Ps2textdumper) gives also a crash.

You have to drag the .ps3 file instead the .txt. The tools works with japanese version, idk if it works with the english version but it should do it. Now, in order to do a translation patch you shall make a path that allows you load the repacked .ps3 from a customed folder, since repacking a new .cpz is more complicated (I don't know how do that so good luck brah)