Majikoi Question

FinalCloud

Hey I finally decided to start Majikoi and  I have a few questions:

1. The walkthrough here ;

It provides a date for each choiice, but I cannot figure out any way in-game of seeing the in-game date e.g. April 21st as per the walkthrough above (not even on the save data). What am I missing? I am in the prologue, Momoyo just beat up some dojo challenger (the day after she played tetris with some "thugs").

2. Protagonist feels a bit week currently, will he become stronger? Think I heard he isnt a great fighter but is very smart or something, but, while I am not very far into the game, I do not see much evidence of him being a fighter, or how being smart will help him.

Cheers!

1. The prologue is a little long. After that the choice structure is that you get the option to spend time with a girl. You pick the girl you like X number of times and you are on her route. That's it. During the selection, choice the date will be shown.

2. No he doesn't get stronger. And while he is shown to be smart, his intelligence is definitely exaggerated. Compared to protagonists such as lelouch or light, his tactics are severely lacking. This VN is probably best enjoyed for it's wonderful cast and their interactions. And wanko.

Edited by Akshay

Ah, A tad dissapointing, so it is a weak ass male lead with the females basically running the show? A tad dissapointing, but the cast are good. Honestly been saving this game for ages and thought it was going to be a bit of a slightly weaker lelouche/light type of male lead tbh

So what is with the dates/choices in that Walkthrough? =S I mean the guy that wrote it must have got the dates from somewhere right lol.

Edited by FinalCloud

Honestly, you really don't need a walk-through. The vn is really straight forward. You'll see. You're also still really early in the vn. You'll get choices but they won't change or decide who's route you're getting. also, yamato does show he can stand on his own with just his wit in the prologue and in routes. You'll see. 

Hope you enjoy my second favorite vn ever.

Just now, FinalCloud said:

Ah, A tad dissapointing, so it is a weak ass male lead with the females basically running the show? A tad dissapointing, but the cast are good.

So what is with the dates/choices in that Walkthrough? =S I mean the guy that wrote it must have got the dates from somewhere right lol.

Despite not being as physically capable as most of the group he's still very important to them.

Thanks for the info, I will see how how shows he can stand on his own =/

I was aware before I played he wasnt a fighter like the others, but was kinda expecting he would do some (slightly reduced) Lelouche-style planning and stuff to make up for it =)

Guess I was looking forward to someone far removed from a weak, donkan protagonist in a more light hearted VN for a change (I swear light hearted VNs always have dumb and weak male leads lol)

Edited by FinalCloud

1 minute ago, FinalCloud said:

Thanks for the info, I will see how how shows he can stand on his own =/

I was aware before I played he wasnt a fighter like the others, but was kinda expecting he would do some (slightly reduced) Lelouche-style planning and stuff to make up for it =)

Oh he will, for sure. Won't spoil it but there are a few examples in the prologue how he uses his intelligence to get the better of others and even a sort of big moment of this. Also goes into the routes. He is still a regular high school kid and just wants to take it easy but can get serious when the need arises.

3 hours ago, FinalCloud said:

Ah, A tad dissapointing, so it is a weak ass male lead with the females basically running the show? A tad dissapointing, but the cast are good. Honestly been saving this game for ages and thought it was going to be a bit of a slightly weaker lelouche/light type of male lead tbh

You misunderstand, he is definitely smart and makes some decent plans. Just don't go in expecting lelouchisque maneuvers.  And people don't have to be strong to be awesome. Take Gakuto or Captain for example.. You will still probably like it, while he is not strong he isn't a pushover.

The dates DO show up after the prologue.  But an easier way is just keep picking the girl until you are on her route.

Edited by Akshay

They keep Yamato more down to earth compared to Lelouch for instance, but he is smart, hard working, above average in intelligence and above all quite cunning, which imho is one of his primary traits and what made him have the nickname of tactician, he knows how to gather information and plans ahead, keeps around a large network of "friends" at his disposal to do his binding,  and more then anything how to exploit weaknesses in people, not to mention his a good judge of character. Also i would like to add one thing, while in the first VN he isn't a capble fighter there are a couple of routes in the later novels where he is an accomplished fighter.

Edited by Strike105X

2 hours ago, Strike105X said:

They keep Yamato more down to earth compared to Lelouch for instance, but he is smart, hard working, above average in intelligence and above all quite cunning, which imho is one of his primary traits and what made him have the nickname of tactician, he knows how to gather information and plans ahead, keeps around a large network of "friends" at his disposal to do his binding,  and more then anything how to exploit weaknesses in people, not to mention his a good judge of character. Also i would like to add one thing, while in the first VN he isn't a capble fighter there are a couple of routes in the later novels where he is an accomplished fighter.

Except in the second VN he becomes generic, and there is barely anything he does "tactician worthy". And some of the routes, were basically without any development. (Margaret's).

Majikoi>A1/A2>>>>>>>Majikoi S

1 hour ago, Akshay said:

Except in the second VN he becomes generic, and there is barely anything he does "tactician worthy". And some of the routes, were basically without any development. (Margaret's).

Majikoi>A1/A2>>>>>>>Majikoi S

Well S's main route its more about getting a taste of his own medicine and meeting someone more cunning, the rest of the routes (except the hidden one) while nice they aren't as deep either, focusing more on his relationship with the girls and opening up the routes further for the A series, then focusing on a complicated plot or story. He does become pretty accomplished on the kuki route though. And finally gets some of his shinning moments back in the A series (where he also has routes where not only his good with tactics but becomes a pretty decent fighter that can hold its own for a while even against Margit).

Edited by Strike105X

Yeah in S there are routes which are good, there are routes which are dissapointing because there is no story and mainly consist of H scenes, and there is a route where you forget there was even a heroine XD The first game doesn't have that problem luckily.
As for Yamato yeah he is smart, cunning and down to earth. I would say the network of friends and favors he has is his main strenght. He isn't a bad protag but honestly by the end of A2 I got really bored of him. It's also ridiculous how he can get every girl in the game :D
Well if you don't want donkan, weak protagonists then Minatosoft isn't the best company for that. The protags in their games aren't bad or oblivious but having physically weak protag and strong heroines who turn completly submissive in bed is kind of their thing (at least in the games I have heard about)

Yea, I look forward to the Fandisks, I am enjoying it, altho I hope Protagonist reaches greater heights than making a bit of money on the bet for if Chris would be female =/.

I do always prefer things like this to have a supernatural element, as the sheer ridiculousness of even one man let alone one women (Momoyo) being able to beat so many people so easily (regardless of how big/strong she is) is the kind of thing that bugs me a bit (sorry lol). Then it can be quite easily thrown in that she has a lot of power (or whatever). To stop it from irritating me I am just kinda assuming this anyway lol.

I would also like to confirm the timelines (with no spoilers)

So, vndb says this for Majikoi S

"or choose to start with no commitment and romance one of 5 new heroines."

Does the core story of Majikoi S still stay the same then regardless of heroine?

8 hours ago, Akshay said:

And,however bad I thought S was, the A fandisc is amazing, and relies on the world building S did.

Also, are the fandisks not just alternative routes for some Majikoi S characters? What you say there implies to me that the fandisk kind of acts as a sequel to Majikoi S rather than a fandisk. So when do the fandisks take place? After the events of Majikoi S? or as an alternative version of events during Majikoi S?

Does A-2 actually follow on from A-1?

Sorry for the question bomb!

Edited by FinalCloud

2 hours ago, FinalCloud said:

Yea, I look forward to the Fandisks, I am enjoying it, altho I hope Protagonist reaches greater heights than making a bit of money on the bet for if Chris would be female =/.

I do always prefer things like this to have a supernatural element, as the sheer ridiculousness of even one man let alone one women (Momoyo) being able to beat so many people so easily (regardless of how big/strong she is) is the kind of thing that bugs me a bit (sorry lol). Then it can be quite easily thrown in that she has a lot of power (or whatever). To stop it from irritating me I am just kinda assuming this anyway lol.

I would also like to confirm the timelines (with no spoilers)

So, vndb says this for Majikoi S

"or choose to start with no commitment and romance one of 5 new heroines."

Does the core story of Majikoi S still stay the same then regardless of heroine?

Also, are the fandisks not just alternative routes for some Majikoi S characters? What you say there implies to me that the fandisk kind of acts as a sequel to Majikoi S rather than a fandisk. So when do the fandisks take place? After the events of Majikoi S? or as an alternative version of events during Majikoi S?

Does A-2 actually follow on from A-1?

Sorry for the question bomb!

To answer your questions:

1) The 'core' story of Majikoi S assumes you did not get together with any of the heroines from Majikoi. Majikoi S starts with a short common route that introduces new characters and plotpoints. From there, it branches out into a bunch of different routes.

2) Majikoi A routes take place during or after Majikoi S. They are, essentially, extra routes for Majikoi S (though they're better routes, from what I've seen thus far).

3) By extension, no. A-2 does not follow from A-1. The routes in any given fandisk have no connection to each other. Each route assumes nothing in another route took place. It only assumes Majikoi's S common route to have taken place. Sometimes, it continues off of some path in Majikoi S. Said routes will generally contain a brief introduction contextualising us.

Here's my earlier explanations on this topic, if you still have questions:

On 19/02/2017 at 8:40 PM, Mr Poltroon said:

Majikoi S is a sequel, and introduces most of the new characters. Majikoi A (all five of the releases that compose it) may introduce some of them as well. Majikoi A is basically as if somebody stapled more content into Majikoi S (a great deal of it better quality than what S got), so don't imagine the term 'fandisk' makes it lower quality or less enjoyable. Only two of the five Majikoi A releases are currently translated.

On 18/01/2017 at 2:40 PM, Mr Poltroon said:

Generally speaking, you could take Majikoi A as a sequel. The only real difference between A and S is that S contains a common route, albeit short, that continues from the original Majikoi, and all routes are unlocked via choices you make in this common route and its derivatives.
Majikoi A branches off Majikoi S's common and character routes. Therefore, Majikoi A is an agglomerate of scenarios/routes that branch off other titles in the series. Majikoi S is a full story -- more or less.

Imagine that Majikoi S is a tree that grew out of one of Majikoi's branches, whereas Majikoi A is an agglomerate of random branches added onto Majikoi S.
Majikoi S Routes Spoiler: http://exp4all.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/majikois-big.png
Take this image. Majikoi A would add, for example, an extra branch to the "Future Without a Relationship", or a branch further along to "Future With Monshiro".

In short, Majikoi A complements its prequels, it does not continue where they left off, and it does so in an unconnected fashion, where you have a menu where you select a heroine, and then have a route with her fitted onto the timeline of Majikoi S. No common route or getting into routes based on choices.

Also of note is that Majikoi S did contain a bit of fandisk-y content, as it included even more afterstories for Majikoi's heroines.

23 hours ago, FinalCloud said:

Well...have you ever watched Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi? Momoyo and another few characters are similar to the masters in that. You better of just accepting, that most of the world is normal and there are a few people who are on Dragon ball Z level. Just don't overthink it :P

Edited by TheCrimsonFucker

@Mr Poltroon Thanks for your answer, it clears up quite a few things

@TheCrimsonFucker Aye, you are right but come on, Momoyo makes Tornados when she kicks, atleast make it clear it is a fictional world (I have never watched DBZ but isnt it clear that the world is a fantasy one?)

Sorry for the late response. Been busy with some job interviews of late.

Anyway;

Another question, I thought a route with Itagaki Tatsuko could be kind of interesting (and the bondage sister, altho rofl that she is somehow a virgin but also a bondage queen). I am pretty sure that there are routes for these characters in Majikoi S? Are they any good? Oh also add Margit route onto that.

Edited by FinalCloud

On 11/27/2017 at 4:05 AM, Akshay said:

Compared to protagonists such as lelouch or light, his tactics are severely lacking.

Light, as in the one from Death Note?  Come on, he isn't smart.  He's psychic. His "plans" involve setting up his pieces in such a way that unless everyone always does exactly what he expects them to do, he's screwed.

But things never work out like that.  "Some damn foolish thing in the Balkans is going to start a war."