Question about Chaos Head

mavsynchroid

Heya. Saw that chaos child came out for vita, so decided to play chaos head on pc first before playing the sequel. My question has to do with the delusion triggers. 

If i pick either the green or red dot thingies,  it plays either a good delusion or a bad one,  right? If i pick neither,  no delusion happens. 

Here's my question,  if i pick either a good or a bad delusion,  do I still see what would happen if i hadn't picked either after the delusion ends? What i mean is,  am i missing out on what happens in normal reality if i pick one of the delusions? Or does it still play after?

This whole delusion trigger thing is annoying.  Would much rather this have been a kinetic novel or something. 

Chaos;Head still on my wishlist (Aka I have to play it eventually) BUT from what I heard each delussional trigger represents somefin' (like red=perveted, see the guide here on fuwa for further reference), my advice is: save before making any choice, after you see a scene with the trigger you chose, load again to see the alternative scene and the "No-delusion" trigger scene, this makes so you can see all outcomes without having this "I'm missing somefin'?" feeling. 

NOTE: Also the plot branches out VERY late.

30 minutes ago, mavsynchroid said:

Thought of that idea but that seems like a bad way to enjoy the game to me

You don't need to do that immediatily, like, finish a chapter (or even the gmae if you feel like) THEN go back to see the alternative text so you can rest your mind.

6 minutes ago, mavsynchroid said:

Branches should be left for trees.  I want one story.  That's why i loved the wildflower girls vn. Kind of went through each route in one playthrough

If you don't like branches why do you play\read visual novels xoD, Joking aside, you can simply make your choices and finish the story normally (Just remember the "B" route is locked behind an enforced playing order and only choices in chapter 10 affect which initial end you're gonna get).

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, mavsynchroid said:

Heya. Saw that chaos child came out for vita, so decided to play chaos head on pc first before playing the sequel. My question has to do with the delusion triggers. 

If i pick either the green or red dot thingies,  it plays either a good delusion or a bad one,  right? If i pick neither,  no delusion happens. 

Here's my question,  if i pick either a good or a bad delusion,  do I still see what would happen if i hadn't picked either after the delusion ends? What i mean is,  am i missing out on what happens in normal reality if i pick one of the delusions? Or does it still play after?

This whole delusion trigger thing is annoying.  Would much rather this have been a kinetic novel or something. 

At each delusion trigger you basically have three choices: to see what happens if you get a positive delusion, a negative delusion, or don't get a delusion at all. Honestly, I don't remember what happens exactly because I read this VN quite a long time ago, and it wasn't a very memorable one, but I think that if you don't choose anything, the result, in general, will be different. Overall, though I'm pretty sure the delusions don't affect much.

By the way, the delusions don't really affect the ending at your first playthrough, and the alternative ending requires too much work and apparently isn't worth it (I never reached it myself). So I recommend just getting whatever you feel right at each trigger and not bothering with the other choices.

On 19/11/2017 at 9:54 PM, mavsynchroid said:

Ok, here is how it works.
Red delusion = paranoid, Takumi will "see" something that frighten him.
Green delusion = lust, Takumi will "see" something that appeal to him.
Nothing = nothing, mostly, other than at rare occasions, you'll live the same story.

BUT, Chaos;Head has a secret ending, that you can only access if you complete the game one time, and it's called the B ending, to get it, just follow a flowchart.