Worthwhile VNs on Android (in English)?

Plk_Lesiak

Hello there,

I think I'm just as much asking for recommendations as I'm trying to compile those Android releases in one place - (non-Apple) phones and tablets seem strangely underutilized when it goes to VNs (maybe because of how popular handhelds are in Japan?). It's surprisingly hard to find a proper one to read while on a toilet or sitting in a bus. ;p

When it goes to ports, I know there are good ones of Everlasting Summer and Lucy -The Eternity She Wished for-, and supposedly pretty bad ones of Narcissu and If My Heart Had Wings. There are also a few more or less decent western VNs from Steam available on mobile for free, such as One Thousand Lies, Sepia Tears, Trick and Treat and Humanity Must Perish.

With dedicated mobile releases, I've had a surprisingly good time with Stellaren (clunky AF, but the story has its moments), while the only mobile-oriented JP VN that I've found on Android and which seems to be considered decent is Fragment's Note (brother/sister romance, yay!).

Anything I've missed that would be worth looking at? :)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

I remember a VN called Lily's Day Off that seemed pretty c00t (It's on my wishlist I'll have to play it eventually), there's also this mystery VN called Bad End that I played a long time ago, at the time I found it to be pretty decent, but thinking back it's was actually quiet dumb xoD but a good passtime nonetheless. Kira*Kira:re seems interesting but it's for IOS and not for android.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Wild Romance came out for android the other day. Though, I wouldn't recommend playing it on a bus, with it being a nukige and all :P 

It's a pretty fun game for what it is, though. 

"Unavoidable Harem Ending" - I like how ominous this tag sounds.

Still, the fact that any version of this game made it to Google Play is actually pretty amazing. Also "Sticky Rice Games"... :michiru:

48 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

"Unavoidable Harem Ending" - I like how ominous this tag sounds.

Still, the fact that any version of this game made it to Google Play is actually pretty amazing. Also "Sticky Rice Games"... :michiru:

Oh wait, make sure you choose the new version released by Cherry Kiss Games. The old version is a bad, censored version. The new version, Mofu Mofu edition is the one you want. It should be available on the Amazon app store.

The reason the old version made it on the google play store is because they censored it beyond repair. (The TL was also trash in the old version.)

3 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Oh wait, make sure you choose the new version released by Cherry Kiss Games. The old version is a bad, censored version. The new version, Mofu Mofu edition is the one you want. It should be available on the Amazon app store.

The reason the old version made it on the google play store is because they censored it beyond repair. (The TL was also trash in the old version.)

Aye, aye, although I'm generally not into nukige, so I might pass either way. :D

Continuing the search, to the list of western VNs on mobile I should add Ace Academy (maybe the only good attempt at copying the typical JP romance VN formula with English voice acting) and Seduce Me the Otome (has yuri routes - the whole thing is cheesy AF but can be amusing exactly because of it, also it's free). 

Edited by Plk_Lesiak