Any female VN fans in our little community?

Plk_Lesiak

12 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

If you're looking for english ones... I remember only Cute Demon Crashers, but this game have absolutely no plot and the sex is more cute than, well, sexy.

Untranslated, the best one is Yoshiwara Higanbana. Akazukin no Mayoi no Mori also fits and have kemonomimis! Tsubasa no Oka no Hime even have some group sex scenes with one female and two males (girls can be very horny too...).

oh yeah I tried Cute Demon Crashers and thought it was alright but it did play well towards the "gentle" sex part which Im sure was appealing to the crowd

Definitely interested in the other ones, thanks!

EDIT ACtually is Rin in Yoshiwara Higanbana voice acted?

Edited by NowItsAngeTime

I'm a relatively young (under 25?) girl and I don't even usually like otome, ahaha. Generally I prefer bishoujoge but the story and atmosphere is by far the most important thing to me. I think people bringing up Hikaru games is a tad odd, though. I didn't get the impression that they are necessarily targeted towards either gender. With that said, they're amazing games that everyone should at least try :sachi:

Never played an otome game before

10 hours ago, Narcosis said:

Sakurai's games have a distinctively feminine vibe to them, but calling them otomege or female-oriented games would be a major stretch. It just so happens Sakurai is a woman herself (a thing that doesn't happen often in the jp eroge industry) and most of her games feature females as lead characters. This obviously makes most of the stories expressed from a female POV, which in turn makes it easier for women to relate to; her games have nothing to do with classic otomege, they are 100% story-driven experiences and even though romance quite often plays a major role, it's a secondary factor in most cases that doesn't tie her stories in any way. In fact, women in her games rarely end up in relationships with other people as means to end their tales.

Nekopara's writer is a women as well. It's definately male orriented tho

12 hours ago, Thyndd said:

As a side but related question, if you don't mind, do you people know of any VN clearly addressed at a female demographic? You know, not quite an otome or date sim, but a more run-of-the-mill VN which happens to mainly have a female main character throughout the story to which females could relate and insert themselves.

And on the topic, if there are few VN's like that, it's hardly surprising that there aren't many in this community. Video games department is in and of itself a field overwhelmingly overpopulated by males, let alone VN's aimed especifically towards that gender... 

Quite a shame, considering I often feel tempted to suggest a female friend to play some VN, only to find myself discouraged by realizing there's a lot of content that for obvious reasons she most likely wouldn't enjoy.

Try minori games. like ef. I kinda felt that both the male and the female roles were protagonists. This would probably attract both genders.

Edited by Akshay

4 hours ago, Akshay said:

Try minori games. like ef. I kinda felt that both the male and the female roles were protagonists. This would probably attract both genders.

My avatar is from a minori game itself :leecher: Yep, I love minori, and Ef, both the VN and the anime, are among my favorites.

Edited by Thyndd

• 4 weeks later...

These are my people!! :kosame:

I really like games with a large heroine pool and RPG elements. Love Eushully, AliceSoft, SofthouseChara, etc. Just spent the last week playing though Persona 5 (Makoto!!) and currently deciding between committing to Daibanchou or Aselia or playing something a little lighter after 100 hours of IT'S TIME, INMATE.

On 11/18/2017 at 5:18 AM, Akshay said:

Nekopara's writer is a women as well. It's definately male orriented tho

Idk where you got this info from, their gender isn't listed on vndb but most people I talked to seemed to assume the scenario writer is a dude fwiw. That said, the probably more well known Nekopara artist Sayori is certainly a woman. Women illustrators are actually very common in eroge production, possibly to the point where they're more frequent than men.

4 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

Idk where you got this info from, their gender isn't listed on vndb but most people I talked to seemed to assume the scenario writer is a dude fwiw. That said, the probably more well known Nekopara artist Sayori is certainly a woman. Women illustrators are actually very common in eroge production, possibly to the point where they're more frequent than men.

http://nekopara.wikia.com/wiki/Sayori

"Sayori (さより?) is a chinese illustrator living in Japan. She owns a circle named NEKO WORKs and designed the characters by herself. She also leads the drafting, artwork and release of the famed Nekopara series."

Edited by Akshay

Drafting the story outline, sure, but that's not at all the same and her leading it doesn't mean she does most of the work either. Also I guess I misread your post since you didn't explain that you were just providing the source; it seemed more to me like you were presenting a quote proving your position. In any case saying Sayori wrote Nekopara is just plain wrong. Either way, not all that important to the main topic here I guess lol.

11 hours ago, eris said:

I really like games with a large heroine pool and RPG elements. Love Eushully, AliceSoft, SofthouseChara, etc. Just spent the last week playing though Persona 5 (Makoto!!) and currently deciding between committing to Daibanchou or Aselia or playing something a little lighter after 100 hours of IT'S TIME, INMATE.

As for that, I was happen to have some interest with gameplay RPG as well. Too bad though that currently we still have less translated gameplay VN. Oh, and as for Eushully I think Soukoku no Arterial was quite a good card RPG there so perhaps you might be interested with that, even though it's still untranslated.

As for both of your choice, I think both of those were have same and yet different element. Although if you want lighther element, I guess Daibanchou should be good although keep in mind that there's still some dark element though - and it's also have prison as well lol. In the end, it's till your choice though and have fun.

Edited by littleshogun

• 2 weeks later...

Naturally, there are womynz (naturally, I knows the hacker)

They're just a tad difficult to keep track of, but that results in two problems: 1) most of the time they don't want to be tracked down, 2) why would you do it if not for the obvious reasons?

I just treat women as regular people, is it wrong?

I think it's always rewarding when you find out that the thing that you thought only you liked is enjoyed by a wide range of people. I never was the type that liked to hold onto a thing like it was my one and only I like finding things and sharing them with people (whether they like it or not)

So it's cool to know that Visual Novels have a female audience as well (even ones that are almost geared exclusively to men)

I've been into yuri stuff since I watched strawberry panic so if anyone knows some quality yuri stuff they can hook me up with some info