moenovel is releasing "A sky full of stars"

ratboi

44 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

If you think they won't butcher the game you are probably delusional. 

We already know that this is an All-Age release of an 18+ game, so it's already a known butchered release, however this is priced very low for such a big and recent game.

On 6.12.2017 at 1:15 AM, Nier said:

We already know that this is an All-Age release of an 18+ game, so it's already a known butchered release, however this is priced very low for such a big and recent game.

It makes sense from Moenovel's point of view, I suppose. Push out a cheap, censored version on steam and rake in the cash. Add in the "nudity" tag to snag those extra horny steam users and they are set. 

On that note, for anyone who actually cares about getting good localizations of Pulltop titles in the future: Do not buy this game. It just endorses censorship. Instead, send a tweet to Moenovel, (this seems to be the only way to reach them...) saying you would consider buying the game if a full version is ever released. (In a polite manner, of course.) They haven't shown any interest in listening to fans in the past, but if their sales starts to get hit, and a large portion of fans asks for a full version, maybe there is a tiny chance they will change their mind. If you speak Japanese, sending an email to Pulltop directly might also be a good idea.

On 12/5/2017 at 10:22 PM, Nier said:

The game is set to come out on the 15th December 2017 and it will be priced at 17.99 USD.

The fact that it is priced so low is surprising, should we fear the worse?

Considering Pulltop did cut the H content for Western release, I think the price was quite normal after knowing that usually Sekai had Steam version was at around $20 for their VN e.g. Wagahigh - Wagahigh with H content was at $45. As for big and recent game reasoning, it was actually released at 2015 so it's not exactly new - it was released before Wagahigh to be exact, although the size was quite big though (At 8 GB). 

I know I know...

But I am actually curious about the translation and how much buchtered it is this time.
I am not going to buy that game, because they censored the 18+ content and I don't know how bad the translation is<.< 

I will wait for a 18+ patch and until then there should be already a cracked Version from "A sky full of stars".
Seriously, if they want the west to support their games, then they have to give us a good product and not "SHIT". 

Edited by -soraa

I have a review copy and have been playing it for several days, though not very actively. I am still early in the common route (encountered no choices so far).

Some thoughts about what I've read so far:

The script contains occasional bits of sexual humor. A woman sending the protagonist a picture of her cleavage to cheer him up hasn't been altered. This is something that would have been changed in IMHHW. I don't yet know if stuff like bath scenes have been changed, if more explicit sexual talk is changed, or how the lead-ins to h-scenes and stuff are handled.

The translation so far is considerably better than IMHHW. For the common route at least, it feels like a native English speaker actually touched these scripts at some point in the process. There are still occasional grammar errors and the prose is pretty sloppy.

I expect a large level of inconsistency from a Moenovel game this big, so other parts of the game may be considerably worse (or better). As of now though, I'd say this translation is a little below average based on what we typically see from official releases.

Edited by Decay

4 hours ago, Decay said:

The script contains occasional bits of sexual humor. A woman sending the protagonist a picture of her cleavage to cheer him up hasn't been altered.

I've noticed this too. This game is aimed at 17+ age after all(just like the Love Kami games), so I except the game to be the same as the Japanese version without the H-scenes. The only thing people should be worry about is whether or not they will provide an 18+ patch.

Edited by Kaito1

33 minutes ago, Kaito1 said:

I've noticed this too. This game is aimed at 17+ age after all(just like the Love Kami games), so I except the game to be the same as the Japanese version without the H-scenes. 

Incidentally, the Love Kami games were also censored in the Moenovel release. 

36 minutes ago, Kaito1 said:

The only thing people should be worry about is whether or not they will provide an 18+ patch.

They won't, which is why buying this game is just condoning censorship. The only way to make Moenovel stop their current bussiness model is to NOT buy their crap. 

On 12/16/2017 at 6:06 AM, Dergonu said:

Incidentally, the Love Kami games were also censored in the Moenovel release. 

They won't, which is why buying this game is just condoning censorship. The only way to make Moenovel stop their current bussiness model is to NOT buy their crap. 

By the way, the right term here would be Pulltop instead of MoeNovel because MoeNovel was just Pulltop's subsidiary. Therefore to stopped this crappy business model, the only solution here would be just waiting until Pulltop dried out (ie bankrupt) by not buy ALL of their VNs (Yes, including Cocoro Function and Pure Song Garden). I admit it was very extreme solution though because there's should be some people who more than likely didn't care about this bad practice business, and therefore just keep buying their VNs (And censored MoeNovel VNs as well).

As for Love Kami, for reminder it was released at Western first without 18+ content before finally it was rereleased at Japan with additional sex contents. While this is infuriating for sure, in the end it's just Pulltop's answer to Sakura franchise anyway in regard of Love Kami VNs (With better character at least) so it's not like we lost much here. Oh, and I definitely will appreciate Pulltop more if they keep the Japanese release was the same one as overseas one - didn't add the H scenes for Japanese version.

Edited by littleshogun

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

By the way, the right term here would be Pulltop instead of MoeNovel because MoeNovel was just Pulltop's subsidiary. Therefore to stopped this crappy business model, the only solution here would be just waiting until Pulltop dried out (ie bankrupt) by not buy ALL of their VNs (Yes, including Cocoro Function and Pure Song Garden). I admit it was very extreme solution though because there's should be some people who more than likely didn't care about this bad practice business, and therefore just keep buying their VNs (And censored MoeNovel VNs as well).

No, that's not right at all. I LOVE Pulltop games, and would never want them to die out. What we are saying is that we want to make it known that we want 18+ versions in the west, and that we wont buy censored ones. If they do release a patch, then I for one would buy it for sure, even though I already have the JP game. 

Even though they are the same company, we can make a stand by not buying the censored versions. 

17 hours ago, Decay said:

I have a review copy and have been playing it for several days, though not very actively. I am still early in the common route (encountered no choices so far).

Some thoughts about what I've read so far:

The script contains occasional bits of sexual humor. A woman sending the protagonist a picture of her cleavage to cheer him up hasn't been altered. This is something that would have been changed in IMHHW. I don't yet know if stuff like bath scenes have been changed, if more explicit sexual talk is changed, or how the lead-ins to h-scenes and stuff are handled.

The translation so far is considerably better than IMHHW. For the common route at least, it feels like a native English speaker actually touched these scripts at some point in the process. There are still occasional grammar errors and the prose is pretty sloppy.

I expect a large level of inconsistency from a Moenovel game this big, so other parts of the game may be considerably worse (or better). As of now though, I'd say this translation is a little below average based on what we typically see from official releases.

So this time its actually readable and translation of boobs wasnt changed to eyes?

Well thats progress i guess, but they really should stop with the all-ages bullshit, i aint buying their game just to have to download a possible fan patch to 'restore' everything lol

They are also pushing their luck releasing it almost at the same time as Sekai's big releases and the Sakura Sakura release is coming soon too 

1 hour ago, jetpack003 said:

I don't think Moenovel is going to die off anytime soon as long as they're making a profit on Steam.

Maybe if someone can get the message across over there then people might be able to react to this, maybe?

I think the bigger issue is the people over on facebook. Have you seen all of the positive replies they got for this release on their facebook page? I don't use facebook or have an account for it, but those people look to be the bigger issue. Last time I looked I don't remember seeing a single comment mentioning the lack of an 18+ version. There's a buncha casual scrubs asking for a phone port.

43 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

I think the bigger issue is the people over on facebook. Have you seen all of the positive replies they got for this release on their facebook page? I don't use facebook or have an account for it, but those people look to be the bigger issue. Last time I looked I don't remember seeing a single comment mentioning the lack of an 18+ version. There's a buncha casual scrubs asking for a phone port.

their core audience might be the non-English speaking peeps who cant tell that the translatation is utter shit lol

Edited by Freestyle80

1 hour ago, john-ross said:

anyone out there willing to make a patch?

Likely not. Though that probably may change if the translation is suddenly decent and nothing else is missing except the H-scenes so people won't have to work on it that much.

Still, it's astounding how sure everyone is that there'll be a fan patch lol

Edited by novurdim

5 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Likely not. Though that may change if the translation is suddenly decent and nothing else is missing except the H-scenes.

Still, it's astounding how sure everyone is that there'll be a fan patch lol

Probably assuming that either pabloc will do it, or that someone else will step up to the plate because Moenovel, which are both weird assumptions to make.  Not like LoveKami Divinity Stage has gotten a fan patch or anything.

4 hours ago, Codesterz said:

I don't use facebook that much, but I'm pretty sure they can delete posts they don't like. Just saying. ^_^