moenovel is releasing "A sky full of stars"

ratboi

1 hour ago, Stormwolf said:

Unless you convince steam users how the censorship ruins the story and makes certain things not make sense, i doubt you'll get much sympathy. Steam users are used to reading all ages. The lack of fapping material is likely not a reason that will change a lot of hearts over there.

Hopefully it will hurt them on steam a bit given that there are so many negative discussions. Also people who care for this are not only people who care for fapp material, but also people that are against censorship in general. Though as you said considering it is steam most people probably won't look at the discussions and probably won't care.

21 hours ago, bakauchuujin said:

Hopefully it will hurt them on steam a bit given that there are so many negative discussions. Also people who care for this are not only people who care for fapp material, but also people that are against censorship in general. Though as you said considering it is steam most people probably won't look at the discussions and probably won't care.

It's worse than that. I saw someone ask if they should buy the game on the same forum that has the many negative topics and STILL bought the game! 

1 hour ago, voidpointer said:

It's worse than that. I saw someone ask if they should buy the game on the same forum that has the many negative topics and STILL bought the game! 

This is the reality of why we're getting raped on all fronts. Microtransactions and pre order dlc's in normal games etc, and stupid copy protections. If people really want to read, play or watch something badly, they'll toss aside their principles.

I'm debating in my head whether or not it would be worth playing as it is. Note I'm only debating whether or not it's worth playing, not worth buying. I already know it's not worth buying (at least, to me).

H-content aside, if I was patient, I'd say I could wait 1 year to see whether or not a restoration patch happens. However, I've not seen any indication one will happen. Worst case, it could end up that we never get one.

I am concerned that removal of the H-scenes takes away from character development, and if so, I'd be wary of playing it. For example, I didn't feel that the 18+ version of Eden* added anything to the VN (although I've been told that the original game was all-ages and 18+ content was added later; not sure if there is truth to this).

How do others feel? Note I'm strictly asking about how worth it is to play the game, NOT buy it. Would it be worth waiting a year or so for a possible restoration patch? Or is it enjoyable and memorable without the H content? I personally see it as risky but hoping someone who has played the Japanese version can offer some guidance.

On 3.1.2018 at 10:55 AM, voidpointer said:

I'm debating in my head whether or not it would be worth playing as it is. Note I'm only debating whether or not it's worth playing, not worth buying. I already know it's not worth buying (at least, to me).

H-content aside, if I was patient, I'd say I could wait 1 year to see whether or not a restoration patch happens. However, I've not seen any indication one will happen. Worst case, it could end up that we never get one.

I am concerned that removal of the H-scenes takes away from character development, and if so, I'd be wary of playing it. For example, I didn't feel that the 18+ version of Eden* added anything to the VN (although I've been told that the original game was all-ages and 18+ content was added later; not sure if there is truth to this).

How do others feel? Note I'm strictly asking about how worth it is to play the game, NOT buy it. Would it be worth waiting a year or so for a possible restoration patch? Or is it enjoyable and memorable without the H content? I personally see it as risky but hoping someone who has played the Japanese version can offer some guidance.

I haven't played this particular game, but I have played the JP version of several other 18+ Pulltop games, and my general conclusion is that the H tends to be pretty good at adding character development etc, so they feel relevant to me. (Especially in the two "sibling" games to Miagete Goran: Kono Oozora and Pure Song Garden. In Iroha's route of Pure Song Garden, and Ageha's route in Kono Oozora, the H is actually story relevant, on top of the standard character development and what not.)