moenovel is releasing "A sky full of stars"

ratboi

6 hours ago, Codesterz said:

I think the bigger issue is the people over on facebook. Have you seen all of the positive replies they got for this release on their facebook page? I don't use facebook or have an account for it, but those people look to be the bigger issue. Last time I looked I don't remember seeing a single comment mentioning the lack of an 18+ version. There's a buncha casual scrubs asking for a phone port.

Really? I might need to check there too.

--------------------------------

Like one person has said in the earlier post, Moenovel does have full moderation control over their website and facebook pages so they can delete their posts as they see fit. If they want to. I personally don't think they would do that since people will call out to them even more about it but it could still happen.

That being said, another option is to reference this website as the hub of VNs and hope that people will run into this post. VNs has started to become popular on streams such as Twitch so it might be a good idea to introduce them to this website anyways, haha.

Edited by jetpack003
Rewording sentences

18 minutes ago, jetpack003 said:

If what people are saying is true as well as Moenovel sneakily deleting their posts, then another option is to reference this website as the hub of VNs and hope that people will run into this post.

To avoid possible misunderstandings, I don't claim that they delete posts mentioning the lack of 18+ version. They only thing I say is that they can do it, so we should take that possibility into consideration.

Edited by Dreamysyu

21 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

To avoid possible misunderstandings, I don't claim that they delete posts mentioning the lack of 18+ version. They only thing I say is that they can do it, so we should take that possibility into consideration.

My mistake, I'll correct that post.

The fact that it's possible to do it is still there like you said. So referencing it to this website is a good way to eliminate it

7 minutes ago, the tales of Sora said:

so will I be able to enjoy konosora by applying the Restoration Patch?

Probably not, your best bet is to wait on the re-translation patch at this point considering how close it is to getting completed. As a warning though from what I understand the patch will not be compatible with the English Moenovel version of the VN. Hopefully it remains this way otherwise it incentivizes people to purchase the MoeNovel version of the VN.

1 minute ago, Codesterz said:

Probably not, your best bet is to wait on the re-translation patch at this point considering how close it is to getting completed. As a warning though from what I understand the patch will not be compatible with the English Moenovel version of the VN. Hopefully it remains this way otherwise it incentivizes people to purchase the MoeNovel version of the VN.

edit: realized i’m retarded and didn’t read  or maybe you did mean as of right now

Edited by Akimoto Masato

1 hour ago, Codesterz said:

someone said on Reddit that they were trying to work with the steam version

16 minutes ago, Silvz said:

someone said on Reddit that they were trying to work with the steam version

Hopefully it's not true, but what can you do. If an uncensored patch should ever be released for A Sky Full of Stars I do hope they make the patch only compatible with the Japanese version of the VN. Just import MoeNovels script to it and then translate the missing scenes. Hopefully doing this will get people to purchase the Pulltop version and not MoeNovels.

Edited by Codesterz

8 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

Hopefully it's not true, but what can you do. If an uncensored patch should ever be released for A Sky Full of Stars I do hope they make the patch only compatible with the Japanese version of the VN. Just import MoeNovels script to it and then translate the missing scenes. Hopefully doing this will get people to purchase the Pulltop version and not MoeNovels.

Why shouldn't it be true? I meant the fan group, not Moenovel, so if they get the steam version to work with a patch, it would be a good thing for all fans, no?

2 minutes ago, Silvz said:

Why shouldn't it be true? I meant the fan group, not Moenovel, so if they get the steam version to work with a patch, it would be a good thing for all fans, no?

A working steam patch can lead more to more people purchasing MoeNovel's version on steam. This in return sends a message to MoeNovel that there is no reason to change their current localization process. The visual novels that MoeNovel releases are not the issue. The fans of said VNs are not the problem. The problem is MoeNovel and how they handle their localization. Anything that supports the subsidiary known as MoeNovel should not be done.

In the short term it sounds like something that would be good for all fans. The reality though is it means MoeNovel will continue to release censored VNs if they continue to be profitable. How is supporting the gutting of all future Pulltop VNs good for VN fans? Do you think this fan translation group or other fan translations groups want to spend their time fixing official English translations or do you think they'd rather be translating a different VN that has yet to grace English readers? Just think if MoeNovel had released a proper version of If my Heart Had Wings the fan translation group working on it could have been spending their time work on translating a new VN that hasn't been translated yet.

But I believe almost nobody who'll use the fan patch will support the steam version, at least not in the official means. I, for example, just got it through Humble Bundle, and I hope to play it with the fan patch.

The thing here is that steam players are NOT the same that patch their stuff. The same way most of them don't care with the lack of H scenes whatsoever. I doubt that steamers would start buying a 3-years-old anime game just to have the work of patching it afterwards.

Knowing the community we have, probably everybody will have already the original version OR use a pirated steam version of the game. In my case, my copy was free, so meh. Still, there are fans on steam, people who got it for their reasons and they should have this possibility too.

Well I woke up to a pleasant surprise. A Sky full of Stars isn't showing up in the popular new releases(steam) for me anymore. Looking at steamspy this looks to be their least successful game so far. Unfortunately steamspy doesn't show how well MoeNovel's other games did in their first week so I can't get an accurate comparison between them. Obviously MoeNovel is still continuing their silence treatment. Lastly yesterday someone had created a topic in the steam discussions about trying to put a team together for an uncensor patch, but it looks to have been deleted. No idea who did it though, but on the off chance it was Moenovel(most likely considering the post didn't last an hour) then we have even more reason to hate them... YAY!!!!

Edited by Codesterz

1 hour ago, Nandemonai said:

One of SteamSpy's biggest problems is it's very high degree of inaccuracy, which gets even worse for games that haven't been on sale for very long, or that don't have very high sales.  I used to put far too much faith in it myself.

Yeah but it does give you a general idea especially when it comes to comparing steamspy stats vs steamspy stats. Most bigger VNs will remain on the poepluar new releases for around a week. A sky full of stars didnt even last 3 days. This alone says something.

1 hour ago, voidpointer said:

Again, being political : I still wouldn't buy the game until they established a track record of changed business practices which allow more consumer choice of game content. 

Considering that Pulltop might change their mind in regard of their all age VN just like LoveKami, better be cautious if somehow they got a hold of common sense by localized that all age VN with MoeNovel.

On 12/16/2017 at 3:55 PM, Dergonu said:

No, that's not right at all. I LOVE Pulltop games, and would never want them to die out. What we are saying is that we want to make it known that we want 18+ versions in the west, and that we wont buy censored ones. If they do release a patch, then I for one would buy it for sure, even though I already have the JP game. 

Even though they are the same company, we can make a stand by not buying the censored versions. 

I understand what you want to imply here, but then again I would say that as long as Pulltop still managed to secure some money from their VNs release, it wouldn't matter much if their localized VNs sales was very low due to Pulltop's stubbornness in regard of censorship. Also as long as there's sales even with censored H contents, I think Pulltop themselves won't care too much about that we wanted 18+ content in their localized VNs (Because otherwise we should get Lovekami with additional H scenes if they really listen to the overseas customer from Konosora mess). In the end, I would said that this mess was caused by both of MoeNovel and Pulltop as the executor and the planner of this mess respectively.

Edited by littleshogun

14 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

One of SteamSpy's biggest problems is it's very high degree of inaccuracy, which gets even worse for games that haven't been on sale for very long, or that don't have very high sales.  I used to put far too much faith in it myself.

Steamspy has come a long way from its beginnings.

The margin of error now is shown on the site, so you know around how many units the game might have sold.

Thats enough for the purposes we are want here, both their new VN and Ghostlight's new game, Omega Quintet, have had very crappy revenue due to poor publisher reputation.

A Sky Full of Stars sold about 1.345 + or - 1.300 units on Steam, thats a pathetic number, considering even Princess Evangile's fandisc sold about about 1700 + or - 1200 on its first week.

Again, thats a new game versus a fandisc, with the fandisc costing more than double the price.

If My Heart Had Wings only sold as much as it did because it was one of the FIRST VNs on Steam + cheap price, alot of people jumped on it back then.

Edited by br4zil

6 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I understand what you want to imply here, but then again I would say that as long as Pulltop still managed to secure some money from their VNs release, it wouldn't matter much if their localized VNs sales was very low due to Pulltop's stubbornness in regard of censorship. Also as long as there's sales even with censored H contents, I think Pulltop themselves won't care too much about that we wanted 18+ content in their localized VNs (Because otherwise we should get Lovekami with additional H scenes if they really listen to the overseas customer from Konosora mess). In the end, I would said that this mess was caused by both of MoeNovel and Pulltop as the executor and the planner of this mess respectively.

I don't think you do. It would make a difference specifically because the lack of sales comes from the localized game. 

No one wants to just take money from Pulltop in general. People here are their fans, after all. This is a protest to show that we don't want censored games in the west. 

If Pulltop compares their sales of If my heart had wings to Miagete, and sees that they are terrible in comparison, and at the same time they see us complain about the lack of H, it is easy for them to connect the dots. 

Whether this will actually lead to them listening or not, we don't know, but it is the best bet we have. Sure, they make money from their JP titles, but that doesn't mean they are okay with making nothing from their western releases. Actually, Akabeisoft 2 broke because of similar issue during their Sharin no Kuni kickstarter. People weren't pledging because of the lack of H, so they added it in the end, and the game was funded. Of course, kickstarter and a game on steam are different things, but the idea is the same. Companies wants to sell games, so the best chance we have of being heard is by not buying the English version of Miagete specifically.