Karakara 2 review discussion

Fred the Barber

6 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Also, what's not to like about a kemonomimi harem?

The sole reason I played this game. Nekopara ignited a fire under me, fueling my addiction to Neko-girls. So far I played Nekonin Ex heart and Karakara (1 and 2).

While they were fun, neither had a particularly great plot.

I actually shed a few tears during Nekopara 2, it had great development as well as the cutest Neko's ever.

Since then I have been trying to find something like that.....

Fred, you always make me want to play things that I know I'll probably hate and I don't know how you do it. I mean, I never picked it up, but you made playing Wagamama High seem like an attractive idea. In retrospect I'm pretty sure you convinced me to play the first Karakara (which I'm grateful for, and actually really liked :wahaha:). And I ended up dropping it even though it was overall good, but your review convinced me to play Chrono Clock too. At any rate, I went off on a tangent but great review as usual! These are always fun to read.

14 hours ago, akaritan said:

Fred, you always make me want to play things that I know I'll probably hate and I don't know how you do it. I mean, I never picked it up, but you made playing Wagamama High seem like an attractive idea. In retrospect I'm pretty sure you convinced me to play the first Karakara (which I'm grateful for, and actually really liked :wahaha:). And I ended up dropping it even though it was overall good, but your review convinced me to play Chrono Clock too. At any rate, I went off on a tangent but great review as usual! These are always fun to read.

Thanks! It's always nice to hear that people appreciate the reviews.

Also, WagaHigh is totally worth your time, even though it looks ridiculous on the face of it.

As for the review, good one like usual. Although interesting enough that apparently you're giving five star for this VN, even though you might already realize the problem of this VN. To me it's obviously another attempt to cash garb from Sekai, because from what I heard the ending was a cliffhanger one. Of course it mean that we're supposed to wait for KARAKARA 3 if we want to see some satisfying conclusion there, and interestingly apparently Frontwing was using this method first for their Grisaia trilogy - unsurprisingly the main writer of KARAKARA also wrote for Grisaia trilogy. Well, in the end it's just my opinion though and I'll look forward to KARAKARA 3 - and your review to that as well.

On 11/22/2017 at 5:50 AM, Okarin said:

Let Sekai rip off moe addicts with this game and others. That'll make way for more interesting VNs. That is the way of the world.

Or, instead, they just keep funding these short/chapter-based VNs, and we never get the long, immersive VNs (because these send up selling better in your reality). I hope it wouldn't backfire on us like that :-(

On another note... I do not like Sekai's pricing model for H-versions of the games. It works out OK if the VN is long enough, but for these short VNs, they end up doubling the steam price of KARAKARA2 on Denpasoft. That's not really fair IMHO. The amount of content you get in return for double the price is just way too out of balance.

Not to mention what really pays off about banging these girls with vanilla scenes.

I'm sure you can live without the H in this case (yup, it should be in there, but it's like that...)

And if you buy it for the H scenes... well... what a wide, wide world you're missing.