what are your thoughts on the true end of little busters refrain

ratboi

So I enjoyed little busters a lot. I gave it a 8/10!! But it couldve gotten and 9 if it didnt have one problem for me. The ending, the one where they get on the bus and go to the sea side. Now, it was a good ending, but I just wish we got to spend more time in the "real world". The fact that basically everything you have to read before refrain isn't true leaves me wishing we just got to see more of the true world. Even an extra hour of just seeing their daily lives in the true world. Anyways, it was still a good ending. I'll just wait for the little busters sequel that will never come out, along with the clannad sequel that will never come out. (P.S. I know there is a fandisc called kud wafter. Anyways, I consider that a fandisc, not a sequel) Anyways what are your thoughts on the refrain true ending?

1 hour ago, Thyndd said:

I don't know, to be honest I feel like any time spent in the real world would not be any different. What ultimately matters is the relation among the characters. 

I agree with you to a certain extent, but part of me just wanted too see more of the real world. I like the ending a lot, I just wanted some more time show between the characters

My thoughts went from greatest tragedy of all time pre-magical-narcolepsy-conquering into worst cop out of all time post-magical-narcolepsy-conquering.

Srsly, just Riki and Rin surviving out of the entire LB! crew fit the ongoing thematics so well with all that world looping to develop the two to become strong & independent but nope, we gotta haves the happy endings, Riki magically became strong enough to override his narcolepsy and save crew yeee /endrant

It's a cop out because you are told plenty of times by Kyousuke that Riki should just gtfo out with Rin because he will fail if he tries to save the crew from the 'splody bus, and actually you will get a bad ending if you try to play hero and save the crew the 1st time you encounter the bus scene. For me that whole scene would've been handled better if it was just black and white. No magical narcolepsy conquering. Riki either, in the heat of the moment with all of his development from all the world looping, mans up and chooses to save everybody or he obeys orders and runs away with Rin like a good little soldier.

As for more epilogue, yeah it's an ongoing issue i have with VNs as well. Epilogues need to be longer, we spend hours, days on VNs and when you finally reach the end you can get slapped with only 5 minutes of wrap up, it's like the writers ran out of gas and just said fk it, main stories' done, pce out. ///////////endrant

No, I'm pretty sure that you're remembering something wrong or simply weren't paying attention. Kyosuke wanted Riki and Rin to grow stronger and to get past the tragedy, he didn't care how.  And of course Riki would have became strong enough to conquer his narcolepsy. Throughout all of the loops we personally witnessed him growing stronger and more resilient, more willing to stand on his own even if it meant defying his hero.

Either way, I can't help but fully disagree about the ending being a copout with all of the buildup leading up to it and one other thing. Personally I wouldn't have enjoyed the story nearly as much if not for the happy ending, if Riki had just run away with Rin and tried to ignore his friends' passings. THAT would have been the ultimate cop out and would have gone against everything that the story had been building up to until that point.

58 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

My thoughts went from greatest tragedy of all time pre-magical-narcolepsy-conquering into worst cop out of all time post-magical-narcolepsy-conquering.

Srsly, just Riki and Rin surviving out of the entire LB! crew fit the ongoing thematics so well with all that world looping to develop the two to become strong & independent but nope, we gotta haves the happy endings, Riki magically became strong enough to override his narcolepsy and save crew yeee /endrant

It's a cop out because you are told plenty of times by Kyousuke that Riki should just gtfo out with Rin because he will fail if he tries to save the crew from the 'splody bus, and actually you will get a bad ending if you try to play hero and save the crew the 1st time you encounter the bus scene. For me that whole scene would've been handled better if it was just black and white. No magical narcolepsy conquering. Riki either, in the heat of the moment with all of his development from all the world looping, mans up and chooses to save everybody or he obeys orders and runs away with Rin like a good little soldier.

As for more epilogue, yeah it's an ongoing issue i have with VNs as well. Epilogues need to be longer, we spend hours, days on VNs and when you finally reach the end you can get slapped with only 5 minutes of wrap up, it's like the writers ran out of gas and just said fk it, main stories' done, pce out. ///////////endrant

While I disagree with you on the bus scene, I agree with you 100% on the issue of the epilogue thing. For Little busters, you spend over 50 hours in these different worlds that basically arent even real. And, ya know, I just wanted to feel like after all of that somethings been accomplished. So I wanted to see that everyones great, and its all good now. But I only got to see it for like 2 minutes before the epilogue ends. I just wanted some time dedicated to the daily lives of the little busters in the true world

1 minute ago, Kabu said:

No, I'm pretty sure that you're remembering something wrong or simply weren't paying attention. Kyosuke wanted Riki and Rin to grow stronger and to get past the tragedy, he didn't care how.  And of course Riki would have became strong enough to conquer his narcolepsy. Throughout all of the loops we personally witnessed him growing stronger and more resilient, more willing to stand on his own even if it meant defying his hero.

Either way, I can't help but fully disagree about the ending being a copout with all of the buildup leading up to it and one other thing. Personally I wouldn't have enjoyed the story nearly as much if not for the happy ending, if Riki had just run away with Rin and tried to ignore his friends' passings. THAT would have been the ultimate cop out and would have gone against everything that the story had been building up to until that point.

Im happy about the ending, I just feel it should of been longer

1 hour ago, ratboi said:

Im happy about the ending, I just feel it should of been longer

Ehh, I think that it was fine as is buuuut.. at the same time I do feel that it would have been fun to actually get to see the individual members of the team gradually return up until Kyosuke's return. The trip itself is still the perfect conclusion.

7 minutes ago, Kabu said:

Ehh, I think that it was fine as is buuuut.. at the same time I do feel that it would have been fun to actually get to see the individual members of the team gradually return up until Kyosuke's return. The trip itself is still the perfect conclusion.

yes the conclusion is fantastic. I just wanted to see more of the characters interacting in the real world.

6 hours ago, Kabu said:

my point is i wouldn't consider it a copout if Riki attempted to save the crew 1st time and made it. the cop out happens when he chooses to run away with Rin, regrets it in that lovely Riki x Rin hospital CG, and then Key Magicks his narcolepsy away to attempt and save the crew the 2nd time