new to vn clannad

m0staa

so i am a little bit new to vns just played couple of hours on f/sn and there was a flow chart tell me what my choices can take me to , so i searched for the same thing for clannad and i got very confused so how i know what choice affect the game further and what choice take me to bad end , in fate i liked to take bad ends before completing the route, so if there was just a thing like flowchart in f/sn it would be great if not then how to poke around to get all possible outcomes good or bad 

4 minutes ago, m0staa said:

so i am a little bit new to vns just played couple of hours on f/sn and there was a flow chart tell me what my choices can take me to , so i searched for the same thing for clannad and i got very confused so how i know what choice affect the game further and what choice take me to bad end , in fate i liked to take bad ends before completing the route, so if there was just a thing like flowchart in f/sn it would be great if not then how to poke around to get all possible outcomes good or bad 

There is one right on this website, just go to the walkthrough sub and search for clannad.

You can also google it easily.

As someone who've read clannad, yes, it is really confusing, and clannad is kinda considered a choice hell in term of difficulty of chosing things.

1 hour ago, Zidan209 said:

Unless you're me, who got a good end on first playthrough

Unfortunatelly, it is impossible to get the true ending without a guide (or too much patience)

There is one guide here, on the Walkthroughs section. If you follow it, there will be no difficulties playing clannad, as it presents all possible routes with the correct choices to choose. There may be some different as the game was retranslated, but all will appear in order.

I don't know if it is the best fit for a first-time player, as it is as long or more than Fate, and you'll probably get bored before advancing if you're not used to how VNs work.

Here:

It is as easy as it seems: you just have to choose the choices here. I'd follow the recommended route order if I were you, since some routes have bonuses if you read one before, such as Tomoyo after Misae, and the true ending (After Story) having a lot of content related to Nagisa (main heroine)