Sign in to follow this  
DariusGuerrero

THE LAST YANDERE (iOS/Android) [Released]

Hello, everyone! This is a project by me and my girlfriend Daphne. We were supposed to write a slice of life VN about cake shops but we accidentally wrote the main girl crazy, and we went with it. Hope you guys like our first ever visual novel game! Please give us feedback so we can make improvements for the VN's sequel :)

forum.png

WATCH THE TRAILER HERE

The Last Yandere is a short mystery visual novel with an end of the world apocalypse threat. You play the role of a cancer survivor slowly easing his way back into normal slice of life activities. One day, you befriend an overly zealous and bubbly cake shop owner named Kara Gentner. Soon you realize Kara isn't your typical girl. You think Kara might be a Yandere (ヤンデレ), a common Japanese term that is a combination of two words: yanderu (病んでる), meaning mentally unstable and deranged, and deredere (でれでれ), meaning to show genuinely strong romantic affection.

Is your new friend a lovesick Yandere? Download this visual novel game to find out!

Available now for Android, iOS release on Saturday November 18

store_android.png

Edited by DariusGuerrero

Wait, is yandere normally spelled with katakana? Is it the same for other anime slang terms?

Sorry for OT question, I've recently started learning Japanese so I'm curious. Going to add your game to my tablet's "to read" list btw. ^^

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

4 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Wait, is yandere normally spelled with katakana? Is it the same for other anime slang terms?

Sorry for OT question, I've recently started learning Japanese so I'm curious. Going to add your game to my tablet's "to read" list btw. ^^

Well, I'm no expert but I did refer to this website: http://www.japanesewithanime.com/2016/07/tsundere-kuudere-yandere-meaning.html

Yandere, Tsundere, Kuudere all ends the same way : デレ

Maybe it's used for portmanteau?

I do know Naruto uses it. Maybe it's just for aesthetics? Again, I'm no expert haha.

Well, I hope you like our VN! it's a bit short, but lots of things are happening there. not much filler :D

1 hour ago, DariusGuerrero said:

Well, I'm no expert but I did refer to this website: http://www.japanesewithanime.com/2016/07/tsundere-kuudere-yandere-meaning.html

Yandere, Tsundere, Kuudere all ends the same way : デレ

Maybe it's used for portmanteau?

I do know Naruto uses it. Maybe it's just for aesthetics? Again, I'm no expert haha.

Well, I hope you like our VN! it's a bit short, but lots of things are happening there. not much filler :D

I see, I guess the scripts are basically interchangable anyways, but this use surprised me a bit. :] 

I have one more question though - the google store page says it's an otome game, but isn't the heroine female? How is it otome then? :o

2 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

I see, I guess the scripts are basically interchangable anyways, but this use surprised me a bit. :] 

I have one more question though - the google store page says it's an otome game, but isn't the heroine female? How is it otome then? :o

Rewrites. Like we said, it was originally a different VN about cake shops and what not. haha! We were supposed to keep that part in (hence the title) but opted to remove it since it didn't fit the new tone. Updated the title description