The Last Yandere (iOS/Android) [Released]

DariusGuerrero

The Last Yandere: Cursed Dark is a short sci-fi horror visual novel that takes place within the mythology of the AppSir Games Universe.

The surreal story of The Last Yandere: Cursed Dark takes place in November 2017. After losing his memories three years prior, a lonely man seeks to rebuild his life and uncover the truth behind his pixelated nightmares. While applying for a job at AppSir, Inc., the game development company plunges into chaos as nightmarish glitches start appearing in their games. Soon after, he meets a mysterious woman named Kara Gentner.

Day by day, things start to feel just a bit different. Daily experiences are becoming a blur and just the smallest things seem to be off. At night, he hears a strange hum around his room before night terrors haunt him in his sleep. His new friend Kara is starting to show her sinister side, too.

The man is terrified, and maybe he’s right to be.

Edited by DariusGuerrero

4 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Wait, is yandere normally spelled with katakana? Is it the same for other anime slang terms?

Sorry for OT question, I've recently started learning Japanese so I'm curious. Going to add your game to my tablet's "to read" list btw. ^^

Well, I'm no expert but I did refer to this website: http://www.japanesewithanime.com/2016/07/tsundere-kuudere-yandere-meaning.html

Yandere, Tsundere, Kuudere all ends the same way : デレ

Maybe it's used for portmanteau?

I do know Naruto uses it. Maybe it's just for aesthetics? Again, I'm no expert haha.

Well, I hope you like our VN! it's a bit short, but lots of things are happening there. not much filler :D

1 hour ago, DariusGuerrero said:

Well, I'm no expert but I did refer to this website: http://www.japanesewithanime.com/2016/07/tsundere-kuudere-yandere-meaning.html

Yandere, Tsundere, Kuudere all ends the same way : デレ

Maybe it's used for portmanteau?

I do know Naruto uses it. Maybe it's just for aesthetics? Again, I'm no expert haha.

Well, I hope you like our VN! it's a bit short, but lots of things are happening there. not much filler :D

I see, I guess the scripts are basically interchangable anyways, but this use surprised me a bit. :] 

I have one more question though - the google store page says it's an otome game, but isn't the heroine female? How is it otome then? :o

2 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

I see, I guess the scripts are basically interchangable anyways, but this use surprised me a bit. :] 

I have one more question though - the google store page says it's an otome game, but isn't the heroine female? How is it otome then? :o

Rewrites. Like we said, it was originally a different VN about cake shops and what not. haha! We were supposed to keep that part in (hence the title) but opted to remove it since it didn't fit the new tone. Updated the title description

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2017 at 10:46 PM, HELYEES said:

I love this project! Good work!

On 12/16/2017 at 1:51 AM, Plk_Lesiak said:

I've played the game BTW, I quite liked the twists in the true ending. ^^ You could try an actual slice-of-life with a crazy heroine next time, I think a more down-to-earth story can make a yandere character more effective. ;)

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! This makes me so happy. All that effort was worth it! I did realize how "BIG" the novel was trying to be despite being too short. I guess I tried too much world-building too quick haha.

The "digital copy" of Kara's consciosness also appears in a sequel platformer horror game I put out yesterday https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appsir.pleasedontplaythisgamederevisualnovel.

I can't wait to show you guys what happens next!

Edited by DariusGuerrero

• 1 month later...

@Plk_Lesiak @HELYEES

Dere .EXE has been remade and is now a 5-level game with a visual novel-style ending! It's now on iOS too! Hope you guys give it a try. There's another twist ending to this one :)

iOS ➡ https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dere-exe/id1343651115

Android ➡ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appsir.pleasedontplaythisgamederevisualnovel

• DariusGuerrero changed the title to The Last Yandere (iOS/Android) [Released]