Dengeki Stryker: First Impressions

FinalCloud

Yo.

So I have just started playing this, I think I am half way through chapter 3, there may be some minor spoilers here, but nothing major as I have only played the game for 30 mins or so.

Anyway, there are a few things bugging me about it (spoilered incase, but anything I say occurs pretty early on anyway)

Spoiler

1. I dont really like how our protaganist (the kid at the start) basically seems to have been possessed by someone and is being used as a vessel essentially, atleast this is how it looks, we see him crying, guy says his memories will be erased after he signs some paper, then we see someone "wake up" in the kids body, different voice for the thoughts etc. This sounds pretty much like the protagonist has just been removed from his body and Stryker Zero, took over his body.

2. When the red haired guy goes over to the protagonist and offers him soba, how the hell does the protagonist FAIL to recognize the guy that he fought with lol, instead saying he seems like a friendly foreigner etc?

3. I dont think a mother would fail to realise that her sons entire memory had been erased (in 10 years, he remembers nothing prior to age 7/8 or whatever he was), do I just have to roll with this?

Are these things explained in some way? or in the case of 1 and 2, is there a bit more going on that is revealed later?

Edited by FinalCloud

36 minutes ago, FinalCloud said:

Yo.

So I have just started playing this, I think I am half way through chapter 3, there may be some minor spoilers here, but nothing major as I have only played the game for 30 mins or so.

Anyway, there are a few things bugging me about it (spoilered incase, but anything I say occurs pretty early on anyway)

Hide contents

1. I dont really like how our protaganist (the kid at the start) basically seems to have been possessed by someone and is being used as a vessel essentially, atleast this is how it looks, we see him crying, guy says his memories will be erased after he signs some paper, then we see someone "wake up" in the kids body, different voice for the thoughts etc. This sounds pretty much like the protagonist has just been removed from his body and Stryker Zero, took over his body.

2. When the red haired guy goes over to the protagonist and offers him soba, how the hell does the protagonist FAIL to recognize the guy that he fought with lol, instead saying he seems like a friendly foreigner etc?

3. I dont think a mother would fail to realise that her sons entire memory had been erased (in 10 years, he remembers nothing prior to age 7/8 or whatever he was), do I just have to roll with this?

Are these things explained in some way? or in the case of 1 and 2, is there a bit more going on that is revealed later?

1. Yes, exactly this.

It is easier to think that stryker is the main protagonist. However the game resolves it very well later on. When you finish the heaven/sky saga, you should fully understand. It also expands this in the steel.light sagas. You should be satisfied with how it is resolved. I thought they did it very well.

2. This VN is best enjoyed if you don't take it too seriously. They literally won't realise this unless they are told directly to their face. This is probably similar to no one realising who superman is when he puts on glasses.

3. Keep playing. THis issue is also explained.

Overall Dengeki Stryker is one of my favorite VN's. However if you try to look to deeply, take it too seriously for things like these, you will lose a lot of your enjoyment. Some suspension of disbelief is necessary to appreciate this title. 

The first saga (playthrough) is the weakest but sets the development for the later ones. Also I hope you have the Cho Dengeki version of the game as it adds 3 new routes, all which are very enjoyable.

I understand that I have been vague in my answer, however most of what you have asked is shrouded in spoilers. Finding out the answer to the 1st one can ruin your enjoyment of the game. 

It is really very good. Keep reading!

11 hours ago, TheCrimsonFucker said:

Hmm I were aware that this game existed but never checked it out. Is it really that good? I already read Kira Kira and Deardrops (and will read the cloab VN if I get in the mood) and I'm reading Edelweiss at the moment. I will read all the Overdrive games if this continues :D

IMAO best VN of overdrive.

For me Stryker>DearDrops=>KiraKira>>>Edelweiss

Edited by Akshay