Do you find this version of the anime-style ok to watch?

S. Drakensson

I know there are different visual-styles of anime/manga. You got the Ghibli style and the semi-realistic one etc etc

When we started development of the game for the picture seen below, we wanted to give it a unique look. Not just because we would (hopefully) gain more attention but also because I have never been
a fan of something that is mainstream. But still, I am interested in hearing your opinion.

If you were to play a 2D anime-game or watch an anime film with this style, would that be uncomfortable or ugly to look at in your opinion?

fdfdfd_by_hi_finesse-dbtcak9.png

Looks very good IMHO. I've seen people complaining about anime with unusual artstyle that "it doesn't really qualify" as something within the genre, but I feel that VNs offer much more freedom in this respect and people that read them are more receptive to innovation. After all, you can do many interesting things when dealing with sprites and occasional CGs, instead of full-fledged animation (or even a manga with the number of unique drawings it usually requires).

There's no reason to create artificial limitations for yourself, original artstyles are a good thing. :)

Most japanese animated media is very moe-ish. Rather than emphasizing cuteness of the character, your art is sharply defined and feels a little intense.

That being said, a lot of the time different art styles can attract a lot of attention (For example, the art in fata morgana).

I, personally really like the character sprites. 

Good Luck!