[Solved] If My Heart Had Wings Restoration Patch: Repeats the very First Scene

masterofbob69

I *downloaded* the game alongside the restoration patch. Installed the game (the censored version) and copied the contents of the restoration patch folder into the game directory. Proceeded to look for apply.diff.something.something.something (ie the windows batch file). Didn't find that specific file but applied the two other batch files (one that did something [?] and the other that cleaned the folder.). I then went to open up the game and it seemed to work and it also seemed to be the uncensored version based on the layout. Started the game, and it repeats the very first bicycle scene without advancing at all, unless the game actually does that to troll the player. I tried jiggling around with the contents of the folder to no avail. I'm pretty pissed that this is happening and any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

EDIT: I solved my own problem. Read post #14 (or crtl +f "bada bing" and you'll find it). 

Edited by masterofbob69

8 minutes ago, Akimoto Masato said:

you got a fake ass restoration patch lul

we don't support pirating vns 

here's the official fuwa fan patch from a long time ago

I got a fake patch?!? Nani? Hope I didn't get a virus lol. 

Also, thanks for the real patch. I'll test it out tomorrow and see if it works because I'm a good boy and sleep early

Just to let you know a superior patch than the current Restoration is in the works and hopefully will be released by the end of the year if not early next year.

It'll have much better translations and less grammatical errors, especially in Ageha's route.

If you can hold out for a few months please wait so you can read a superior product!

8 hours ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

Just to let you know a superior patch than the current Restoration is in the works and hopefully will be released by the end of the year if not early next year.

It'll have much better translations and less grammatical errors, especially in Ageha's route.

If you can hold out for a few months please wait so you can read a superior product!

Unfortunately, I don't think my body can wait sorry lol. Currently downloading the correct patch right now and seeing if it works. 

I don't even think I can be patient if I try...

So I installed the actual patch in the game and started it up. The first scene doesn't skip but that's because I don't know if I installed the patch correctly. Before, with the supposed fake patch, there was the "Sweet Love" button on the main menu. After installing the actual patch, I don't have that button, which makes me wonder if I actually did install the patch or not.  The only thing that makes me believe I did was that after installing the patch, there was no "MoeNovel" screen at the intro unlike from when I didn't have the patch and it showed that screen. All in all, is the sweet love portion of the patch required alongside the restoration patch, or am I fine from here? If not, I think I'll have to be patient. 

7 hours ago, masterofbob69 said:

So I installed the actual patch in the game and started it up. The first scene doesn't skip but that's because I don't know if I installed the patch correctly. Before, with the supposed fake patch, there was the "Sweet Love" button on the main menu. After installing the actual patch, I don't have that button, which makes me wonder if I actually did install the patch or not.  The only thing that makes me believe I did was that after installing the patch, there was no "MoeNovel" screen at the intro unlike from when I didn't have the patch and it showed that screen. All in all, is the sweet love portion of the patch required alongside the restoration patch, or am I fine from here? If not, I think I'll have to be patient. 

ohhhh you installed the sweet love patch, I never did that, its not required but its recommend that you do install it

17 minutes ago, Akimoto Masato said:

ohhhh you installed the sweet love patch, I never did that, its not required but its recommend that you do install it

Does not having the Sweet Love portion of the patch hinder the game in any way? I will still have my H-scenes right? From my research, the Sweet Love UI really only adds some epilogues, though I can't confirm that. If you played it fine without the Sweet Love, then I guess I'll be fine too. 

5 minutes ago, Zakamutt said:

Akimoto masato is kinda... lacking in the IQ point department and I wouldn't trust anything he says.

Depending on the patch you use, applying the sweet love patch first (or ever) will make the tl/uncensor patch not work. Look at the instructions for the version you're using.

Alright then. I looked back at the release notes which only mentioned these as the only instructions:

1. Copy patch files into game installation directory.
 2. Run apply_diffs.bat

It didn't mention anything about the Sweet Love portion of the patch so idk what to do about that (nor if the patch actually installed properly). The patch I'm using right now, I assume does not come with the Sweet Love portion, but the supposed fake one did. The "fake" one didn't work but this one does "work". 

At the end of the day, Idk what the hell to do anymore LOL. 

EDIT: Had an epiphany. What if I combine both my patches together? Then would I get a working patch that has the Sweet Love UI? At this point, it wouldn't hurt to try that.

Edited by masterofbob69

The "more official" patches don't work with the sweet love patch and afaik there never was any intention that they should. I don't really know everything that's out there though because I can't make myself care about patches to a shit translation which I recommend precisely nobody to play, especially since a better if not brilliant translation is on the way. I think whoever made the original patches or some of the "more official" patches at least has been complaining about someone else releasing broken-ass patches that were supposed to work with the sweet love patch using their work, which they had not allowed, etc etc etc drama silly silly drama silly meow.

The sweet love patch just adds some sex scenes and I don't think anyone ever translated them, so you don't really need it anyway. Okay, maybe there was a nude sprite mod too or something but I can't remember. I don't really care about imhhw...

2 minutes ago, Zakamutt said:

The "more official" patches don't work with the sweet love patch and afaik there never was any intention that they should. I don't really know everything that's out there though because I can't make myself care about patches to a shit translation which I recommend precisely nobody to play, especially since a better if not brilliant translation is on the way. I think whoever made the original patches or some of the "more official" patches at least has been complaining about someone else releasing broken-ass patches that were supposed to work with the sweet love patch using their work, which they had not allowed, etc etc etc drama silly silly drama silly meow.

The sweet love patch just adds some sex scenes and I don't think anyone ever translated them, so you don't really need it anyway. Okay, maybe there was a nude sprite mod too or something but I can't remember. I don't really care about imhhw...

Cool cool. At this point in the game, I find the drama between all the patches more hilarious than the game itself (even though I haven't even played the game before). 

I think I'll wait and see what happens for now. Who knows what'll happen in the future. 

Okay here's the dealio. 

I solved my own problem. 

I combined the two patches.

Bada bing bada boom, game now works like magic. 

So if any future person is reading this thread with similar problems, download BOTH patches. AM posted one and I'll post the other (Note: I don't think patches are piracy, but whatever)

Here's the second patch (ie the "fake" patch that really isn't fake[?]):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9KMydWs1d6bdFRIREtKOFY3VEU/view

1 hour ago, Zakamutt said:

Akimoto masato is kinda... lacking in the IQ point department and I wouldn't trust anything he says.

Depending on the patch you use, applying the sweet love patch first (or ever) will make the tl/uncensor patch not work. Look at the instructions for the version you're using.

I hate you

36 minutes ago, Akimoto Masato said:

I say he should have said something about the sweet love thing

Tbh, the restoration patch and the Sweet Love portion of the patch are directly interconnected so if one mentions the patch, it should have been quite obvious that I was talking about the Sweet Love portion too. It's very hard to mention one without the other, so it would be very weird if someone mentioned the patch and another person didn't make the connection between both the restoration and Sweet Love portions of the patch (as I said before, they are directly correlated and are usually bundled together). 

Edited by masterofbob69

The sweet love patch isn't related to the original restoration patch at all, and wasn't even supported by it. It wouldn't be weird for someone not familiar with whatever you used to be a bit confused. I'm not sure what people are currently using most of the time though so /shrug

7 minutes ago, Zakamutt said:

The sweet love patch isn't related to the original restoration patch at all, and wasn't even supported by it. It wouldn't be weird for someone not familiar with whatever you used to be a bit confused. I'm not sure what people are currently using most of the time though so /shrug

Even if they weren't made by the same group or released together, it's impossible to deny that they are heavily interconnected with each other. A quick google search of "If my Heart had Wings restoration patch" will lead to results that mention that two together. Even the Steam installation guide (the first result) mentions the Sweet Love UI. It's not weird at all to think of the together as synonymous since google thinks so as well. But I guess I shouldn't make assumptions, but I'm saying that it's VERY weird from my point of view. 

1 minute ago, Akimoto Masato said:

mate it wasn't clear you said resto patch not sweet love

19 hours ago, masterofbob69 said:

Even if they weren't made by the same group or released together, it's impossible to deny that they are heavily interconnected with each other. A quick google search of "If my Heart had Wings restoration patch" will lead to results that mention that two together. Even the Steam installation guide (the first result) mentions the Sweet Love UI. It's not weird at all to think of the together as synonymous since google thinks so as well. But I guess I shouldn't make assumptions, but I'm saying that it's VERY weird from my point of view. 

To add, it's like pancake. The first thing most people think of alongside pancakes is syrup. These two things weren't not made to go together initially but somehow they became synonymous with each. Sure, not everyone will think that, BUT just like with the restoration patch and Sweet Love UI, these two things go hand in hand. 

Edited by masterofbob69

23 minutes ago, masterofbob69 said:

To add, it's like pancake. The first thing most people think of alongside pancakes is syrup. These two things weren't not made to go together initially but somehow they became synonymous with each. Sure, not everyone will think that, BUT just like with the restoration patch and Sweet Love UI, these two things go hand in hand. 

I didn't even know about sweet love until about 4 months after I installed the resto patch so

ding dong your opinion is wrong

7 minutes ago, Akimoto Masato said:

I didn't even know about sweet love until about 4 months after I installed the resto patch so

ding dong your opinion is wrong

PEMN 

I'm talking the Restoration Parch and Sweet Love UI as a whole. What I said wasn't even an opinion but a factual statement. They ARE synonymous with each other even if a few people refuse to believe so. They serve the same function in regards to decensoring IMHHW. I gave concrete evidence to prove that they are grouped together as as single entity in many cases and, on average, are treated as such in most contexts. Nothing I said can be taken as an opinion and if you try to argue otherwise, it is clearly wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Akimoto Masato said:

mate if you haven't noticed by now im only talking so much because I want the posts on my profile lul

I couldn't give more than 3 shits on this subject

You only say that because you realize you have no way to argue against my points. Delude yourself in your fantasies and try to justify your lack of coherency lol. 

Speaking of having more posts, why does it even matter in the first place? And what's the point of having a high quantity of posts with most of them are very low quality?