Questions about Da Capo II & III

-soraa

Hello :)

Last week I started to play Da Capo III and I just finished Charles and Saras Route.
I liked both routes but Sara was the BEST! I really liked her route and the romance. 

Now I am little bit demotivated to play the other 3 routes and I heard that I should play Da Capo II first before I start with the TRUE Route in Da Capo III.
Therefore I thought to play Da Capo II now and do the remaining routes in Da Capo III on the side. 

My questions:
1. Is it important to play all the 4 main routes? I am more interessted in Otomes, Anzus and Sakuras Route (because of Da Capo III).
Which of the main routes are good? or which aren´t worth to play? 

2. Is the Romance and Drama part good in Da Capo II? 

3. Is it possible to play the Fan Disc of Da Capo III with "Visual Novel Reader"? I can´t read in japanese but frequently I can understand what they are talking.
Okay, I think it is possible but is it worth? I mean there isn´t a story like in Da Capo III and the focus is more on romance. 

Edited by -soraa

From someone who read DC III first: it won't do any harm if you play DC III first. Yet, you'd enjoy it a bit more if you complete DC II beforehand.

As for DC III, all routes are necessary to unlock the true route. Ricca's route was fine, can't say the same form Himeno's, and Aoi's route was pretty good to me.

Now, regarding DC II. I found Anzu's and Yume's better than the rest (always considering I'm more interested in drama than romance), still the true route was even better.

I encourage you to play DC II before continuing with DC III.

You should play DC 2 first. It builds up sakuras backstory and the trials and tribulations she had to go through in her storyline. Also mentioning the 'thing' she wanted most and how she achieved it and ...

I actually played her route in Dc 1 before that too, since i saw her as a character that was important throughout the Dc world. She's at the core of the story at the end for the day [my opinion], since her character is always there, growing and connecting, either in a direct way or merely passing by. [you don't have to do this though, just personal preference].

Yes the drama and romance is good, you might as well just read all the the routes. A lot of people disliked one particular route, but i thought it was fine. Sometimes that one lesser route just adds to the enjoyment of better ones to follow, as long as that route isn't the 'true' route that is lol.

Have fun reading! 

Edited by DharmaFreedom

I'll try and answer your questions the best I can. I am a Da Capo fan after all.

5 hours ago, -soraa said:

1. Is it important to play all the 4 main routes? I am more interessted in Otomes, Anzus and Sakuras Route (because of Da Capo III).

3. Is it possible to play the Fan Disc of Da Capo III with "Visual Novel Reader"? I can´t read in japanese but frequently I can understand what they are talking.
Okay, I think it is possible but is it worth? I mean there isn´t a story like in Da Capo III and the focus is more on romance. 

1. You don't really need to play those routes but it is better to do so in order to understand the story. The canon story is Otome's route so you might want to play that one. I don't think there's a Sakura route in II unless you're talking about the true ending but it's not really a route. Do you mean Sakura's route in Da Capo I?

Anyways, if you want to play it for enjoyment, then Anzu's route has a pretty good story although I personally like Nanaka's route more. So I would say Otome, Yume, Anzu and Nanaka would be the good routes to play from. Otome being the main one if you want story relevance.

2. I personally like Da Capo II's story more than III because it felt more immersive and your interaction with the characters are much better than in III. From what I can say: Anzu had some good moments, you feel more interaction with Nanaka and Otome had the best touching moment for me (one line really stuck out for me after playing her route). For me, I personally prefer playing II more than III because of those reasons.

3. From what I've been reading of III Platinum Partners (if that's the fandisc you're talking about) the story in general basically follows where II left off. There are some pretty good cameos in there but I personally think that the fandisc manages to explain a lot about the relations to other past characters especially the Asakura family.

Also, if you like Otome's route in II then you should also play Dearest Marriage (through machine text) because the story pretty much happens in between the true ending of Da Capo II and III Platinum Partners. The last chapter of Dearest Marriage basically leads up to Platinum Partners (fandisc) and if I was to explain the story overall (mainly the last route), is that Dearest Marriage takes a more 'serious' tone to it.

Edited by jetpack003

37 minutes ago, jetpack003 said:

2. I personally like Da Capo II's story more than III because it felt more immersive and your interaction with the characters are much better than in III. From what I can say: Anzu had some good moments, you feel more interaction with Nanaka and Otome had the best touching moment for me (one line really stuck out for me after playing her route). For me, I personally prefer playing II more than III because of those reasons.

And Suginami in DC II is way more cool than in DC III. He makes a good duo with Wataru.

On 11/3/2017 at 12:18 AM, -soraa said:

Hello :)

Last week I started to play Da Capo III and I just finished Charles and Saras Route.
I liked both routes but Sara was the BEST! I really liked her route and the romance. 

Now I am little bit demotivated to play the other 3 routes and I heard that I should play Da Capo II first before I start with the TRUE Route in Da Capo III.
Therefore I thought to play Da Capo II now and do the remaining routes in Da Capo III on the side. 

My questions:

About Da Capo 2, actually it's a prequel of Da Capo 3 only that it's not quite direct and majority of Da Capo 3 was focused on the new content and characters. Still if you interested with Da Capo 2, then perhaps I would just suggest you to find out by yourself.

As for the answers of your questions:

1. As for the routes, all of those were important and you must play all of those four routes if you want to unlock Otome's route, and in turn it'll unlocked Sakura's route in which it would be called Da Capo. So yeah, you must play all four routes before going to Otome's route. As for the routes, I guess most of the people think that Koko's route was quite polarized at the very best - not say it's not worth playing though. And for the good main route, I think it would be depend on you but if you like Anzu then perhaps it would be good for you to think that Anzu's route was good.

2. Once again it's pretty subjective matter if we talk good or not, but I think at least they should had some good romance and drama for Da Capo 2.

3. I think if you satisfied with the heroines ending then you didn't really need to play the fandisc there, because more or less it was just an extra story (For most case) and usually it tends to be lighter than the main game.

Edited by littleshogun

Thank you everyone :) 

You helped me alot. 

About Koko... Seriously yesterday I started with Da Capo II and she is just annoying. I don´t like her really. Therefore I am going to skip most of her route. 

However I am suprised about Yume. I thought that she has the same annoying personality like Himeno in Da Capo III but Yume is a nice imouto character and not so annoying like Himeno... 
I like her personality and now I am really interested in her route. 

Edited by -soraa

Spoiler

I like her as a character but Koko's route is actually really bad, the worst in the VN by a large margin so you won't be missing much if you just skip through the entire thing just for the sake of unlocking the remaining routes. Though most of that comes from Yoshiyuki himself being a complete and utter dunce whereas in the other routes he's pretty cool, being either proactive or having good reason to be acting the way that he does while stiill not being a colossal moron.

My favorite heroine and route is Anzu by far. She's absolutely adorable and I find her personality to be really endearing and her route itself is just wonderfully done.

DC II is far better than DC III if you love the more dramatic VN

and it really build up the Sakura story which will be the best if you played DC I too

I suggest you to play all DC is order I > II > III (no skipping)

DCI might got some meh route but you should at least play nemu and sakura in order to understand the story in DC II better (I still strongly suggest you to finish Miharu route which I love the most in DC I)

D.C.II extra route is the best once you have finished the D.C.I sakura and nemu