Little busters PE is on steam

bogdankl

By the way, the title should be 'Little Busters' not 'Little Buasters' there lol.

Title nitpicking aside, the VN size was ramped up to at almost 8GB which to say was quite a lot. From what I'd tried, apparently the engine was different from the older one. As for the interface, I think is pretty easy to understand because mostly it was still same with the old one with additional feature to replying from the previous line. Although unfortunately they removed 'Skip' button though, which to said was quite a pain if one want to skip the previous read text - and it would be a lot of skipping because Little Busters was one of the VN that required multiple playthrough to reach true ending (By the way, I knew that I could just use CTRL button but still it could be tiring if one must press the button continuously). Other than those minor yet possibly important minus - no 'Skip'  button in game, I think it's pretty much fine imo.

Edited by littleshogun

So far I like the new features which make for example backtracking a lot easier. What really pisses me off though, is that they cut out Komari's panty shot CG. Come on then why do you still ask us which donut to take to decide the panty-pattern :reeee:

4 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Although unfortunately they removed 'Skip' button though, which to said was quite a pain if one want to skip the previous read text

Aw come on, why take that out at all? Being able to skip read text is kinda sorta important for some of the foreshadowing to Refrain, because every time you complete a route the text changes to reflect Rin's development. But without having that skip read text feature, readers will understandably want to skip the entire common route and get nothing from the altered text. Granted, it's not entirely necessary to understand the changes Rin goes through since the story does explain them directly, but it's still fun to see those changes take place. So yeah, that is quite the blunder on Key's part.

4 hours ago, Seth said:

So far I like the new features which make for example backtracking a lot easier. What really pisses me off though, is that they cut out Komari's panty shot CG. Come on then why do you still ask us which donut to take to decide the panty-pattern :reeee:

Dafuq they do with her panty shots!? :jinpou:

On that note, I was not aware Komari's panties changed pattern based on your choice of donuts. Very interesting. Shame I'll never get to put that into practice with this version of the game. :(

Edited by Kenshin_sama

24 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Aw come on, why take that out at all? Being able to skip read text is kinda sorta important for some of the foreshadowing to Refrain, because every time you complete a route the text changes to reflect Rin's development. But without having that skip read text feature, readers will understandably want to skip the entire common route and get nothing from the altered text. Granted, it's not entirely necessary to understand the changes Rin goes through since the story does explain them directly, but it's still fun to see those changes take place. So yeah, that is quite the blunder on Key's part.

The skip button was removed from the interface. That is what he said.
However, skipping text was not removed from the game. You may still skip text by using CTRL. There is also an option in the menu to select if you want to skip unread text or not.

If the game truly had no skip button I'd cry. There is a lot of repeated text. Incidentally, playthroughs of the common route also introduce a lot of new text, including different Rin actions/dialogue.

EDIT:

4 hours ago, littleshogun said:

(By the way, I knew that I could just use CTRL button but still it could be tiring if one must press the button continuously

ProTip: C and Z (skip and rewind keys respectively) may be mapped in the menu so that you don't have to hold them down. Press it once and it starts skipping. Press it again and it stops.
No bodily harm to your fingers.

Edited by Mr Poltroon

8 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

The skip button was removed from the interface. That is what he said.
However, skipping text was not removed from the game. You may still skip text by using CTRL. There is also an option in the menu to select if you want to skip unread text or not.

If the game truly had no skip button I'd cry. There is a lot of repeated text. Incidentally, playthroughs of the common route also introduce a lot of new text, including different Rin actions/dialogue.

Oh, okay. I remember from my initial playthrough that CTRL would skip non-read text even with the option set to not skip it, and I pretty much had to use the button to skip only read text. So when littleshogun said something about them removing the button, I thought they might've rendered it useless.

In that case, I take back what I said about Key's blunder. Thanks for clearing that up!

1 minute ago, Dergonu said:

Can a mod pls edit the title? It triggers me (/ω\)

Little Buaaaaaaaaaaaaasters!!! :chaika:

Edited by Kenshin_sama

16 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

ProTip: C and Z (skip and rewind keys respectively) may be mapped in the menu so that you don't have to hold them down. Press it once and it starts skipping. Press it again and it stops.
No bodily harm to your fingers.

I see, and thanks for that. I admitted that I was thrown off by the lack of Skip button at the interface there, and miss that at Config. At least it's not as bad as Himawari if I may say something, considering that there's no in game clue what keyboard button do and I must see Grisaia to knew that because both of Grisaia and Himawari did have same engine (Of course both of VNs were came from Frontwing, hence the same engine).

27 minutes ago, iamnoob said:

Is the LB fan translated or steam translation better?

As for the translation, from what I'd heard there's no difference in regard of that because basically this release was achieved because Fruitbat was working together with Visual Arts to release it in English iirc. By the way Fruitbat was heavily involved in Little Busters since back at 2011, because Phleblas (Fruitbat representative) work as script editor for Little Busters fan translation project.

1 hour ago, Stormwolf said:

Does it take a lot of work to replace censored CG with the normal one? I can't stand censorship and always prefer to play how it's intended.

Well, you see... Little Busters originally had no H content, so there's that. I know there's the Ecstasy version, but I'm satisfied with the base game (and of course in the Steam version we're getting the Saya, Kanata and Sasami routes).

All in all, I don't think there's anything to miss dearly there.