Nisekoi VN for PS Vita...is it "any good"?

MarcomiX

Hello there!
I'm currently watching an anime called Nisekoi. 

To be cristal clear from the start: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CHITOGE! 

Anyway....I am enjoying it, even if the Main character is even more useless and stupid than Kyosuke Kasuga from Kimagure Orange Road.
I've read on wikipedia that there's a VN based on Nisekoi. It went out for PS Vita and it has got an english localization.
Has anyone played it? Is it good? Is it an original story? (Personally, I'm hoping for a "you can change the canon story" kind of experience...It would be great to open Raku's eyes and make him choose the RIGHT GIRL...

Spoiler

...right from the beginning.

Edited by MarcomiX

There is no localization for this game but if you want to know if it is good or not i found it to be quite a fun read when i played it in japanese. The first part of the game consists of a mix of small events and some events that are a bit longer. It has been a while since i played it but i think the small events were roughly 5 min long while the somewhat longer ones were about 20 min long. Some of these events work as buildup for the end but most of them are filler, though they are still fun and filled with the same charm as the nisekoi manga. The end part of each route i found to be the most enjoyable part of the game. Each of the end parts of the routes are very varied and has a large twist to the story that in some cases makes it hilarious and in others make it quite emotional. The nisekoi manga also has a few references to the vn, i have found one reference in volume 16 and one i volume 18. If you know a bit of japanese i would recommend it. All the characters are voice acted so it is not that hard to understand with basic japanese knowlege, though there are some parts where you need to combine different hiraganas to make a word as an answer, which can be quite difficult. For this i would recommend trying to find the answer by just searching on google if you get stuck.

Damn...I was hoping for a fan-translation that went under-radar...
Anyway...is the story better than the anime? Does this VN have a proper "ending" for each route? (Yes...I know how the anime ends 'cuz I spoilered myself the conclusion....and its plain sh*t. I can't stand that d*ckhead of Raku. He's blind, he's got the worst tastes ever. He's an idiot. That's why I am considering to drop this anime and watch something else instead. Anyway, I still love Chitoge and I'm hoping for a better "solution" for her...I believe this VN is my only hope, though)

Edited by MarcomiX

Just now, novurdim said:

Did you mean the manga? 

I started to watch the anime after I read the manga's ending. After watching the second-last episode of the first season 

Spoiler

in which Raku says to Chitoge that "She's not his type"...unforgivable.

I started to get suspicious. So, I watched the anime's conclusion before continuing it.
I was right....the anime conclusion is "useless" and "unsatisfactory", to say the least

Most of the endings reach a real conclution and by most i mean the 4 main ones, Chitoge, Onodera, Marika and Tsugumi. There is also the ruri route which is a friend route. Mainly just deal with maiko's shenanigans and avoid making Ruri hate you. Then there is also the raku route which is preaty unconclusive, this is preaty much the nothing happends in the plot route. The Marika route and the Tsugumi route are mainly comedic while Chitoge and Onodera has more emotional routes. Personaly i feel like the Chitoge route was by far the one that stood out the most as it had the most emotional impact.

10 hours ago, bakauchuujin said:

Personaly i feel like the Chitoge route was by far the one that stood out the most as it had the most emotional impact.

That's all I wanted to hear! ;)
Anyway...sadly, there's no plans for an english patch YET. (that's what the author of the video I posted earlier said..."yet".)

the "yet" part gives me hope, tho.
The part that this game is only on PS Vita, makes my wallet tremble.

On 02/11/2017 at 3:44 PM, MarcomiX said:

I started to watch the anime after I read the manga's ending. After watching the second-last episode of the first season 

Hide contents

in which Raku says to Chitoge that "She's not his type"...unforgivable.

I started to get suspicious. So, I watched the anime's conclusion before continuing it.
I was right....the anime conclusion is "useless" and "unsatisfactory", to say the least

I don't understand you at all:

You are a chitoge fan right? You should be happy with the manga ending no?

The anime doesn't cover the whole story, I don't understand the point to get spoiled for an anime that doesn't even have a conclusion, (they can't make one when the manga is not even finished lol). For example, do you usually expect a conclusion while watching a 12 episodes anime based on a ongoing novel? I am not sure.

Well, as far as I know, most of her time Chitoge is beating, insulting and humiliating Raku. Would you really expect Raku to enjoy this? I'm sure even you wouldn't enjoy this... unless you would? x)

10 hours ago, Kirashi said:

I don't understand you at all:

You are a chitoge fan right? You should be happy with the manga ending no?

The anime doesn't cover the whole story, I don't understand the point to get spoiled for an anime that doesn't even have a conclusion, (they can't make one when the manga is not even finished lol). For example, do you usually expect a conclusion while watching a 12 episodes anime based on a ongoing novel? I am not sure.

Well, as far as I know, most of her time Chitoge is beating, insulting and humiliating Raku. Would you really expect Raku to enjoy this? I'm sure even you wouldn't enjoy this... unless you would? x)

Well, I'm sort of happy with the manga's ending (even if I don't like the part in which she went back to america....and on wikipedia there's no mention of how long she stayed there)
They could, at least, come up with something better than "If my feelings towards him will stay the same, I'll confess eventually". It's just illogical.
And, about her beating, insulting and HUMILIATING Raku, well...that's a little bit of an exaggeration...Even the blindest among men would see that she behaves like that to hide her insecurity, her fear, her jealousy and her feelings towards him.

15 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Have you really seen the ending of the manga? What you explain does not seem remotely simmilar to how it ended. The nisekoi manga ended with volume 25 chapter 229

I've read the end of the manga from wikipedia

Spoiler

Chitoge hears Raku saying to Shu that he loves Onodera....she runs away and goes back to her mother, in America (for an undefined period of time...). Raku then understands that "he loves Chitoge more than Onodera" (bullshit...what does that even mean?) . Onodera confess her feelings to Raku, but he refuses her. Then, there's the Chitoge's confession. He responds to her feelings and "they lived happily ever after". That's why I hate Raku...."I love two girls", he says. Nonsense. He's more inconclusive than Kyosuke from Orange Road. At least, Kyosuke alvays said that he's in love with Madoka.