[Spoilers] Just finished reading the Omnia vincit Amor other story in DI, need an explanation

Mugi

Because i'm not entirely sure what all just happened. Aside from my happiness at seeing a normal Samiel and a Schreiber that isn't batshit insane from torment, and seeing all of the gang get back together, i'm a little confused as to how all this happened. Was the Ren there the original? Or was he also reincarnated? Why were Rea and Kei children, but Shirou, Ellie, and presumably Ren not? Same with Marie. And for Marie i'm even more confused, is she capable of reincarnating herself? And in the case that this isn't the original ren (:ren:), was he also capable of reincarnating himself? The whole part with Kasumi is the only thing that really makes sense, since she seemed to be the only one there that didn't actually die in the final fight. And then how do they all just happen to remember eachother? Someone please help because I slept on this and my mind still can't process what just happened

Marie ascended to the throne and her law creates a cycle of reincarnation where everyone has a chance to be happy eventually.

"Scary and sad things don't last forever. Everyone can smile again the next day. Everyone can become happy."

The little Marie is her sensory, something the one sitting on the throne can produce to serve as their self in the world. Ren is the real deal. The reincarnated ones don't really remember their past lives, they were just acting iirc.