Curious about the difference between the r18 and non-r18 versions of Dies Irae

Mugi

By the way, I forgot to mention it, but apparently the 18+ game requires you to finish the all-ages version at least ones before you can play it.

*Please Note

The specifications of this patch will not allow “malie_fabla.exe” to run unless you have already cleared one of the “Dies irae ~Amantes amentes~” routes.

3 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

By the way, I forgot to mention it, but apparently the 18+ game requires you to finish the all-ages version at least ones before you can play it.

Why?  What is the reason to limit the patch like that? At least I never heard about any game that does this :D

Edited by TheCrimsonFucker

46 minutes ago, TheCrimsonFucker said:

Why?  What is the reason to limit the patch like that? At least I never heard about any game that does this

Well, it's probably the "ingenious" way not to let people to apply the patch to the f2p version and unlock the full 18+ game for free? If you've completed one of the routes, you clearly had to buy the game. It's just one amazing turn after another with this patch.

Edited by novurdim

17 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Well, it's probably the "ingenious" way not to let people to apply the patch to the f2p version and unlock the full 18+ game for free? If you've completed one of the routes, you clearly had to buy the game. It's just one amazing turn after another with this patch.

It makes sense, but:

1. There are better ways to check if a person bought the game or not.
  2. If it's really that they were going for, then it's still possible to buy only one DLC, apply the patch and play the game for a halved price.

11 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

It makes sense, but:

1. There are better ways to check if a person bought the game or not.
  2. If it's really that they were going for, then it's still possible to buy only one DLC, apply the patch and play the game for a halved price

True, but they are not the smartest bunch and probably just didn't think about it.

• 2 weeks later...

From the latest Kickstarter update:

The restrictions placed on the R18 routes have been a terrible inconvenience for everyone, so we would like to explain our reasoning for implementing this system.

Without this implementation, by adding the R18 patch to the Steam install folder, the routes could be played without purchase. This simply means that “Dies irae ~Acta est fabula~” be played for free. To prevent that, we added the condition a route had to be cleared before startup. We sincerely apologize for not having explained this at the outset, humbly ask for your understanding.

So, yeah, they confirmed it. :amane: And my comment about buying the game for half its price still stands.

Really, the lack of professionalism behind this team really lowers my opinion about Kickstarters in general.