Which of these should i read for my 100th rated VN?

onorub

I've reached 99 VNDB votes, so i want my 100th to be something special. I'm having a hard time deciding between The House in Fata Morgana and Dies Irae.

I'm big into escapism, so i'm thinking about Dies Irae, but i'm also hearing Fata Morgana's story rivals Umineko's (which has the best story in a VN IMO). Fata Morgana having higher ratings in both sites that i research also plays a factor.

So, which one would you recommend most? If it helps, my top 3 VNs are Clannad, Fate/Stay Night and Ever17.

Update: Went with Dies Irae, i liked the arguments for it better and the length registered in VNDB was the deciding factor. Thanks, everyone.

Edited by onorub

1 minute ago, ittaku said:

Why not list the 7 on your radar to help narrow it down?

Well, i'm already narrowing it down to Dies Irae or Fata Morgana. The remaining ones are Doki Doki Literature Club, Yandere-Chan (from renai forums), Togainu no Chi and Utawarerumono. I'm also considering undropping I/O, since i didn't do Route E and the second route loop.

Play Dies Irae. Fata Morgana's fan disc (requiem)  will come out soon, and if you are anything like me, it will bother you to not have every game in the series, even though the game doesn't end on a cliffhanger. On the other hand Dies Irae's 18+ patch hasn't come out yet, and even though I've heard it doesn't  affect the story much, you might wanna wait for that as well.

I finished Doki Doki yesterday and it's well.............. unique. 

Since your VNDB, scores a 10 on fate, and you've already finished tsukihime, why don't you play ataraxia if possible? (the voice patch just came out, and it's a logical continuation of fate).

If you absolutely need to play one of the two, then probably finish dies irae. While fata morgana will hit you in the feels, Dies Irae has a lot more over the top action and epicness, so it might be more appropriate to commemorate a 100th VN.

Edited by Akshay

3 hours ago, onorub said:

I've reached 99 VNDB votes, so i want my 100th to be something special. I'm having a hard time deciding between The House in Fata Morgana and Dies Irae.

I'm big into escapism, so i'm thinking about Dies Irae, but i'm also hearing Fata Morgana's story rivals Umineko's (which has the best story in a VN IMO). Fata Morgana having higher ratings in both sites that i research also plays a factor.

So, which one would you recommend most? If it helps, my top 3 VNs are Clannad, Fate/Stay Night and Ever17.

Either one would do nicely, though Dies Irae is my favored choice.  Also, Dies Irae has some similarities to FSN, in a generalized fashion (Dies Irae is darker and even farther out in the abyss though).

Edit: Also, I'm kind of surprised no Ayakashibito or Tokyo Babel on your vndb, considering your liking for FSN.

Edited by Clephas