safe to assume that Moenovel is translating IMHHW flight diary

ratboi

On their twitter there is a picture of chibi Ageha, and it says "Excited to announce we are nearly done are next translation" or something like that. I think its safe to assume that this is flight diary, considering it has a picture of Ageha. But I am conflicted about this. On one hand, its great. IMHHW is one of my favourite VNs. On the other hand, it will be all ages, and they wont release an r18 patch, because its moenovel. Also, we probably cant expect to see an unofficial translation patch for atleast a year.

4 hours ago, ratboi said:

On their twitter there is a picture of chibi Ageha, and it says "Excited to announce we are nearly done are next translation" or something like that. I think its safe to assume that this is flight diary, considering it has a picture of Ageha. But I am conflicted about this. On one hand, its great. IMHHW is one of my favourite VNs. On the other hand, it will be all ages, and they wont release an r18 patch, because its moenovel. Also, we probably cant expect to see an unofficial translation patch for atleast a year.

Can't agree more about the down side :vinty:  ... IMHHW is not my favourite novel, but sure is in my top 10.

It's been 2 years now since I read Hoshimemo (definetly one of my favourites) and I now the feel about waiting for the Fan Disk translation (at least I'll be fairly entertained with the official release for a while).

Wish you patience bro! 

...I'm Hyped. 
I know, I know...it's moeNovel...I expect a lot of mistranslations (On the moenovel release of kono oozora, during one of the most important scenes of the Kotori's route, they made a huge mistake: they translated "You ALL came and fixed it for me" instead of "you came and fixed it for me").
I hope  they won't butcher the story up too much...

But it's still something. It can still be a start for anyone who wants to make the fan REAL translation that Flight Diary deserves.

47 minutes ago, MarcomiX said:

...I'm Hyped. 
I know, I know...it's moeNovel...I expect a lot of mistranslations (On the moenovel release of kono oozora, during one of the most important scenes of the Kotori's route, they made a huge mistake: they translated "You ALL came and fixed it for me" instead of "you came and fixed it for me").
I hope  they won't butcher the story up too much...

But it's still something. It can still be a start for anyone who wants to make the fan REAL translation that Flight Diary deserves.

im hyped to. Its just the fact that we probably wont see a restoration patch for a while

Guys, I don't want to let you down but most likely there won't be any restoration patch if the translation is as bad as konozora's. The current "restorators" have already mentioned that they won't work on any future MoeNovel failures and considering the state of the fantranslation scene and the amount of work needed I kinda doubt anyone competent would want to work on it. 

We'll need to accustom to shitty translations and shitfests such as Libra of the Vampire Princess. Hopefully there's more to choose from. A Konosora fandisc with bad TL isn't a good prospect, compared to an actual decent VN.

Oh, and I advocate for boycotting MoeNovel.