Hikoukigumo no Mukougawa is getting a translation....... by Sakura Gamer

Beichuuka

So, basically what it says on the tin.
Hikoukigumo no Mukougawa, a VN by Flat, is getting a translation, but by the infamous Sakura Gamer who seem to be pumping out one machine-translated games after the other.
Apparent example of their translation brings further bad news by confirming that it is in fact machine translated.

As someone who greatly enjoyed this VN, I'm very distraught by this news.
Is there something that can be done to save it?

Credit to /u/ShinRaikodou for bringing this news to attention.

Edited by Beichuuka

Never read a machine translated VN before.

Though a lot of VN's have crappy translations despite being worked on by a real translators. (If my heart had wings/Libra of the vampire princess).

Machine translations are basically google translate right?

Which means the translation will most likely be heavily butchered....:rubycry:

I don't think they are using machine translation. Just ching-chong english.

Did you know in China some people using english language? Thats why they even include english in some console games with same translation. SAO HF for example:

Spoiler

2552903-6547986575-85531.jpg

2552902-2031246217-85554.jpg

bppkkcmceaaoh_x.jpg

h80v0Vz.jpg

I mean MT is on much worse level. But yes, even that way is unacceptable for official release.

At least they are not cuting/censore it like moenovel or NISA(god I hate them!)...

Edited by ShinRaikdou

4 hours ago, Beichuuka said:

So, basically what it says on the tin.
Hikoukigumo no Mukougawa, a VN by Flat, is getting a translation, but by the infamous Sakura Gamer who seem to be pumping out one machine-translated games after the other.
Apparent example of their translation brings further bad news by confirming that it is in fact machine translated.

As someone who greatly enjoyed this VN, I'm very distraught by this news.
Is there something that can be done to save it?

Credit to /u/ShinRaikodou for bringing this news to attention.

Yet another great VN ruined by machine translation... blech.

3 hours ago, ShinRaikdou said:

I don't think they are using machine translation. Just ching-chong english.

Did you know in China some people using english language? Thats why they even include english in some console games with same translation. SAO HF for example:

Reveal hidden contents

2552903-6547986575-85531.jpg

2552902-2031246217-85554.jpg

bppkkcmceaaoh_x.jpg

h80v0Vz.jpg

Why did I read the boring official English TL for this game?

This version looks glorious! I need this!

This looks amazing and seems to be right up my alley. Too bad it's being translated by a company that obviously doesn't give a crap about quality and simply does what they do for the sake of taking advantage of people who don't know any better and lining their own pockets.

As for this VN, I like it that there's many well known seiyuu voicing the heroines for this VN - four of the seiyuu were work together in Chrono Clock. As for the eyes, well I think it's a bit strange there but perhaps I might get use to that later.

For SakuraGamer themselves, usually I just ignore their Steam VN because I didn't care about their release so far lol considering that their release was just mediocre to bad VNs. Although looks like they managed to get something interesting this time though apparently, only that they were already infamous for very bad translation.

As for mine in regard of this VN, I think I'll just wait and see in regard of this VN considering that I didn't quite interested with this for now. But seeing this VN got quite a good reception, perhaps I could try this later.

Edited by littleshogun