Majikoi S start-up problem

StormShaun

So recently I wanted to visit a personal classic, Majikoi S, and finish some of the routes I didn't get to. So I installed it, got the crack, patch, and all that stuff.

Yet, when I click the application to open it, nothing happens. No game nor window. But one strange thing, "NeXAS (32 bit)" appears in background processes. So something is happening, and something is blocking it.

I feel that this is happening because of my recent new PC and it's Win 10 'upgrade'. So if anyone knows how to fix it, that would be awesome.

...It's just my luck that Windows 10 kills this and the Galaxy Angel series.
EDIT: I should also mention that compatibility mode doesn't work too.
EDIT 2: Also should mention that Majikoi (not s), Majikoi A-1/2 all work.

Edited by StormShaun

Its very hard to provide advice with such vague information.

So I'm gonna start on the basics

1) Is your system locale japanese? (this one didn't work on applocale for me, in case that's what you use to play VN's)

2) Have you applied the crack?

3) Can you post a screen shot of the directory or list the files in it (basically a check of missing files)

I actually have less files than you and it runs :rize:

iAO7ehA.png

The crack doesn't have to be in the folder btw. You first run the crack/patch (the alsignup thing) , then you run the game from the last icon.

Also my Script.pac file is 1mb longer than yours...

don't know if that means anything

This is the latest version of the patch. https://mega.nz/#!ERkjmDzB!YKBtRJPQY2JaGLaslIZIKMga8pUoZHZs7a6s-ZaeeQo

If you cannot fix it, uninstall the patch only, then reinstall it with the link and try again.

This does have known errors with some windows 10.

Credit - https://majitranslations.wordpress.com/2015/07/17/maji-de-watashi-ni-koi-shinasai-s-english-patch-released/

Edited by Akshay

To be safe, I just reinstalled it again. Yet, even with the same files as you, it still doesn't run.
In fact, even without the patch, it doesn't run. Which is weird.

I was ready to dump this as a Windows 10 problem, but it's funny, I've managed to get the original Majikoi and it's A-1, A-2 to work on here.
It's just S that's doing this. Yet, the difference between the programs is that Maji1 and the A discs manage to actually become active apps (as NeXAS), while S stays as a background process.

Still, thanks for your help.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/26/2017 at 10:02 PM, StormShaun said:

UPDATE:
Okay, for some reason, after installing a K-Lite Codec Pack it started working just fine. Weird, it didn't seem like a problem caused by that.
Anyway, feel free to close this thread.

I actually have the exact same problem as you do, can I ask you what exactly that you did to fix it? 

I also do the same uninstall the patch, still can't, reinstall the whole thing, still same. what can I do to fix this? 

On 10/26/2017 at 10:02 PM, StormShaun said:

UPDATE:
Okay, for some reason, after installing a K-Lite Codec Pack it started working just fine. Weird, it didn't seem like a problem caused by that.
Anyway, feel free to close this thread.

I actually have the exact same problem as you do, can I ask you what exactly that you did to fix it? 

I also do the same uninstall the patch, still can't, reinstall the whole thing, still same. what can I do to fix this? 

I tried doing the same you mentioned, installing Klite Codec, basic, did nothing, Mega did nothing as well, the app still doesn't open, only exist as a background process as Nexas but no open window. 

anyone find a reason for this? am I stuck on being unable to install Majikoi S in this computer? 

• 1 month later...

I have this problem too i've tried klite codec, my computer is all set in jap. +tried the applocal too. i've saw somewhere on an other blog some1 used AlphaROMdie i've tried it didn't work. i've tried al this on 3 different source of the vn. i can run any of the other majikoi exept this one. it's still just showing in task manager without opening exactly like the first post.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, actually i have the same problem on Majikoi S.

Majikoi works Just fine, I have this problem only with Majikoi S

Already tried to re-install, re-dowload, tried with patch and without patch but it's Just still there as a background process without any sign of activity.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

2 hours ago, Zoster said:

Hi, actually i have the same problem on Majikoi S.

Majikoi works Just fine, I have this problem only with Majikoi S

Already tried to re-install, re-dowload, tried with patch and without patch but it's Just still there as a background process without any sign of activity.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Nevermind, i tried to add the folder to the antivirus exclusions, now it works