To Heart 2 Sound and Music Skipping

Erogamer

So I tried playing this visual novel after the completed patch was released and I get random delays and the music and voice will skip and even partially repeat. I have lowered the FPS as it claims it helps with that problem and it changes nothing.  I have Windows 7 and use XP compatibility mode. If anyone has figured out how to correct this issue that would be awesome. As it is right now, the game is unplayable for me like this. Mods, if I have posted in the wrong section feel free to move this.

Edited by Erogamer

Just a thought, there are some games that are not multi CPU aware and if they're badly programmed can lead to a situation known as priority inversion on modern multi core or multi thread machines. I don't know how one does this on windows (since I'm a linux programmer) but there must be a way to bind a program to only one CPU. If there are any windows experts around that know how to do this if they could chime in that would help, otherwise I suggest you google how to do that and try it?

3 hours ago, ittaku said:

Just a thought, there are some games that are not multi CPU aware and if they're badly programmed can lead to a situation known as priority inversion on modern multi core or multi thread machines. I don't know how one does this on windows (since I'm a linux programmer) but there must be a way to bind a program to only one CPU. If there are any windows experts around that know how to do this if they could chime in that would help, otherwise I suggest you google how to do that and try it?

The way you would do that would be:

1. open Task Manger
  2. click the "Details" tab
  3. Find TOHEART2.exe
  4. Right-click it, and select "Set affinity"
  5. uncheck all boxes except one and click "Ok"

Not saying it'll necessarily help either, but worth a try.

Edit: Also, I don't think you need any kind of compatibility mode, so I'd try turning that off. I've always run the game on Win10 without any compatibility mode on, and not had the problem described.

Edited by Fred the Barber

17 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

The way you would do that would be:

1. open Task Manger
  2. click the "Details" tab
  3. Find TOHEART2.exe
  4. Right-click it, and select "Set affinity"
  5. uncheck all boxes except one and click "Ok"

Not saying it'll necessarily help either, but worth a try.

Edit: Also, I don't think you need any kind of compatibility mode, so I'd try turning that off. I've always run the game on Win10 without any compatibility mode on, and not had the problem described.

This worked! Thanks Fred!