✨【Love Net】✨ » A (Dark) Web Browser Romance

woobv

Hi everyone!

Just finished writing the ENTIRE SCRIPT!! We're at about 24k words (estimating about 4k words of coding jargon), with 7 unique endings! ^ ^
And now we're exploring the .exe icon.

Would love your guys' thoughts!

(I like #1-4 designs the most, but programmer-chan is a fan of #5. xD)

y7LbUzm.png

6 hours ago, woobv said:

Hi everyone!

Just finished writing the ENTIRE SCRIPT!! We're at about 24k words (estimating about 4k words of coding jargon), with 7 unique endings! ^ ^
And now we're exploring the .exe icon.

Would love your guys' thoughts!

(I like #1-4 designs the most, but programmer-chan is a fan of #5. xD)

y7LbUzm.png

I like 1 and 5 the most.

19 hours ago, SeniorBlitz said:

I like 1 and 5 the most.

Awesome, thank you so much!! From all the feedback we gathered, it's a very close call XD hehe. I think we'll wait a couple days before finalizing the icon!!

=======================

Update: GUI 100% Finished!! (Sorta...)

I had to take out 1 feature for the demo (the "Love Net" book, which would show the romance progress with your character + profile info), just because I was having a super hard time trying to design it... I scrapped like 5 different designs because they weren't coming out very nicely! So... we're leaving it out for now.
I might try to tackle it at the very end if there is extra time though~ ^ ^

GUI for the Timed Text Mini-Game

GUI for Settings

Started on the sprites *FINALLY!* 
^ w ^

Whoooo! About time~ lol

WIP Shots

Step 1. Lineart + Base Colors

Step 2. Decide on coloring style

*We went with the 3rd style because it was a good balance between polished, but also saves me some time LOL (our deadline is coming up! Yikes >.<;;;;)
When we end up launching a kickstarter, we might add "re-coloring" the sprites as a stretch goal. :3

Step 3. Final Image

Hiii everyone! Sorry I have been slow on updates. It's really getting to crunch time so I've been really dead. T ~ T;;

Here is a doodle of how I felt last night:

LrC6vT3.png

On ANOTHER note...!

I have finally finished lining all the characters (minus the MC) and have put down the base colors. All that's left for the character is to color them all! I'm hoping to finish it by tomorrow evening before I go to bed. > w <

ptFKxcM.png

And finally, we have recruited a wonderful video editor, WhiteCharsima. He is so wonderful! Even with a tight deadline of less than 1 week, he has accepted to create a short simple trailer for us. A sneak peek of what he's working on:

QBXDHfm.png

I hope you guys are enjoying the updates! ^ ^

FINAL UPDATE!
(Before the demo comes out...)
Probably...

Previews of Sprites!:

ugPVgQ3.pngqoQfvCS.png
DBB4NMG.pngB7btF4J.png

Chrome Re-Design:

oDX1gCI.png

As you can tell, I went through some character design updates on a couple characters! I know, with the deadline coming so close, probably not a smart idea.. but....I just had to do it. T ~ T;; Still have to color 2 more characters after Chrome... and draw 1 more... sigh, kill meeee -- AHAHA. (Just gotta keep telling myself it'll be over soon)

Hope you guys are excited for the demo coming soon! :D

Unfortunately, due to some issues with programming, the demo will be delayed until the end of the year. I'm so, so, sorry to everyone who was expecting to play it tomorrow. I was SO stoked to release it for everyone's enjoyment. You have no idea, I could barely sleep earlier this week because I had finished most of the art assets needed to get the game ready.

(The image above is also one of the CG's you would have seen in the game!)

Overall Problem: There were a lot of hiccups and hurdles in terms of programming and nothing was ever finished. More than half the script was left out (none of the 7 unique endings made it...), and no UI was implemented. There wasn't even a mini-game unfortunately. It was very disheartening.

The Solution: I will be starting the code over from scratch using Ren'Py and will be doing it myself!

PROS:
  • I will know just how much is getting done in realtime
  • I will have realistic goals & milestones set for myself
  • 95% of this game will be made by me! Whoo!
  • I will have more time to add more customization and things I couldn't get done in time for this demo

CONS:

• I have to start from square 1
  • The demo will be delayed because it will add more burden on me
  • My coding ability isn't the best, so I may be slow to start...

I'm - again - so sorry to the people who were looking forward to this game! I really did try my best to get it out. I hope everyone can forgive me for my lack of delivery! T __ T;;

yOxu3ex.png

==================================

On another note...... until the demo is released, I am hoping to do an Art Contest! To keep myself motivated :)

I mentioned before that I was feeling down. I think it will take a bit of motivation for me to keep going after this setback, so I'm thinking that seeing people's fan art will keep me alive for the next 2 months as I try to buckle down and get it done! (Seeing your babies drawn by other people is the biggest motivator for anyone!)

You can read more details here if interested: http://www.lovenet.moe/

Thank you everyone who has been with me during this journey! It has been a ROLLER COASTER of emotions for me, mostly me crying because of how sweet, amazing and supportive people have been. Like, I don't even know how to describe the warmth and blessings of this community. Thank you so much!!

Edited by woobv

14 hours ago, woobv said:

Unfortunately, due to some issues with programming, the demo will be delayed until the end of the year. I'm so, so, sorry to everyone who was expecting to play it tomorrow. I was SO stoked to release it for everyone's enjoyment. You have no idea, I could barely sleep earlier this week because I had finished most of the art assets needed to get the game ready.

(The image above is also one of the CG's you would have seen in the game!)

Overall Problem: There were a lot of hiccups and hurdles in terms of programming and nothing was ever finished. More than half the script was left out (none of the 7 unique endings made it...), and no UI was implemented. There wasn't even a mini-game unfortunately. It was very disheartening.

The Solution: I will be starting the code over from scratch using Ren'Py and will be doing it myself!

PROS:
  • I will know just how much is getting done in realtime
  • I will have realistic goals & milestones set for myself
  • 95% of this game will be made by me! Whoo!
  • I will have more time to add more customization and things I couldn't get done in time for this demo

CONS:

• I have to start from square 1
  • The demo will be delayed because it will add more burden on me
  • My coding ability isn't the best, so I may be slow to start...

I'm - again - so sorry to the people who were looking forward to this game! I really did try my best to get it out. I hope everyone can forgive me for my lack of delivery! T __ T;;

yOxu3ex.png

==================================

On another note...... until the demo is released, I am hoping to do an Art Contest! To keep myself motivated :)

I mentioned before that I was feeling down. I think it will take a bit of motivation for me to keep going after this setback, so I'm thinking that seeing people's fan art will keep me alive for the next 2 months as I try to buckle down and get it done! (Seeing your babies drawn by other people is the biggest motivator for anyone!)

You can read more details here if interested: http://www.lovenet.moe/

Thank you everyone who has been with me during this journey! It has been a ROLLER COASTER of emotions for me, mostly me crying because of how sweet, amazing and supportive people have been. Like, I don't even know how to describe the warmth and blessings of this community. Thank you so much!!

It's fine mate, as long as you released a polished product :o)