To Heart 2 discussion thread

ittaku

2 minutes ago, snowbell55 said:

Ah thanks a lot! Is her route well done at least? It seems like it's tricky to add characters in well after a release without it going badly...

Also there's one other thing I wanted to ask that I forgot to edit into the previous post - 

Hide contents

What's the deal with the robot lady in the shopping mall on I think 4 March? Is that a character, or? I've been through Konomi & Sasara's routes and I still can't quite figure out what's going on there...

I don't know if her route's any good as I've only ever had the PC version.

Spoiler

It's never made clear who the robot maid is that he meets at the mall since they don't even show her but given the timing, and her behaviour I suspect it's meant to be Ilfa. Perhaps they didn't want to show her since her arrival in the twins' route is meant to be a surprise. Milfa is still a teddy at that time, and Silfa is too shy to go shopping that early on.

40 minutes ago, adamstan said:
  Hide contents

She could as well be just some random standard robot maid, used to introduce the concept of robot maids to the player.

Spoiler

Indeed it could, but the advanced nature of her behaviour is suggestive of HMX 17 :)

• 1 month later...

Seeing as I've finished To Heart 2, well, the routes I intend to finish, that is, I wanted to ask a pair of questions that've been bugging me. 

1 - Is there a case to be made for calling Konomi the canon heroine? Considering her prominence in the artwork (she features near the center rather often), her prominence in the OP (which focuses more on her than any other character, and shows her both first and last) and the comments about how hers (and Tamaki's) can be considered something of a common route, it seems like it wouldn't be such a far-fetched idea. Plus tbh she's obviously a sucrose-based lifeform. I really liked her haha.

2 - 

Spoiler

How come they did the thingy with Ruuko and the twins where they gave each something like half a route? I don't quite get that and it seems strange to have done so while giving most other heroines a full route - even Kusakabe. 

I liked this VN though and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a lighter and more relaxing read. My biggest issue with it was that the routes were quite inconsistent, but the characters were well done and memorable, and as has been said before, there are a lot of elements that have become commonplace in later VNs so it's nice to see them make their start here. I was also really surprised to see quite a few VAs I've recognized from other works: Itou Shizuka (Amagami), Nabatame Hitomi (Noble Works), and Rikimaru Noriko (Majikoi) being some examples. Plus it has a very very good soundtrack, with a lot of relaxing songs that just set your mind at ease when you listen to them. Feeling Heart is my favorite, but there are two other really good ones I'd like to link here:

As far as best route I think it'd be Sasara's or Konomi's, as I felt like

Spoiler

they took the characters and blended the with realistic scenarios that didn't go too far off base, as happened in several of the other routes.

As far as best character I think it'd be Konomi, with Tamaki and Sasara coming in second and third respectively. Best scene has to be Yuma's first rant, with one of the funniest lines I've ever read: "I hate people like you! I hate them so much I could just pour mayonnaise all over them! You pervert!!!". Though, having said all this I get the feeling I might need to reread at least some parts of the Konomi route :D.

Thanks again ittaku for the recommendation, and the translation too, along with all those who helped out along the way. 

Spoiler

Don't think this means you've won!

Edited by snowbell55

2 hours ago, snowbell55 said:

Seeing as I've finished To Heart 2, well, the routes I intend to finish, that is, I wanted to ask a pair of questions that've been bugging me. 

1 - Is there a case to be made for calling Konomi the canon heroine? Considering her prominence in the artwork (she features near the center rather often), her prominence in the OP (which focuses more on her than any other character, and shows her both first and last) and the comments about how hers (and Tamaki's) can be considered something of a common route, it seems like it wouldn't be such a far-fetched idea. Plus tbh she's obviously a sucrose-based lifeform. I really liked her haha.

2 - 

Hide contents

How come they did the thingy with Ruuko and the twins where they gave each something like half a route? I don't quite get that and it seems strange to have done so while giving most other heroines a full route - even Kusakabe. 

1. Yes? Not only that but her and Tamaki both reappear in the sequel To Heart 2 Another Days (though with a really crap route by comparison.)

Spoiler

I'm not sure what you mean by half a route? Not only did they each have as much unique text as the other heroines, but the twins' route actually had the most text of any route. Kusakabe had the only half length route - her text was literally half that of every other heroine. Perhaps you read them so entranced you didn't even notice the time passing :P

14 minutes ago, ittaku said:

1. Yes? Not only that but her and Tamaki both reappear in the sequel To Heart 2 Another Days (though with a really crap route by comparison.)

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not sure what you mean by half a route? Not only did they each have as much unique text as the other heroines, but the twins' route actually had the most text of any route. Kusakabe had the only half length route - her text was literally half that of every other heroine. Perhaps you read them so entranced you didn't even notice the time passing :P

Excellent! :D. So it's definitely her and not Tamaki then, because of the above-listed reasons?

2 - 

Spoiler

Wow really? Admittedly the Ruuko and twins routes are the ones I skipped, but looking at the walkthrough, it seems like the split is Ruuko -> twins, and it's either you do Ruuko or you do the twins but you can't stay with either all the way from the start, hence how come I called it a half route.

19 minutes ago, snowbell55 said:

Excellent! :D. So it's definitely her and not Tamaki then, because of the above-listed reasons?

2 - 

Reveal hidden contents

Wow really? Admittedly the Ruuko and twins routes are the ones I skipped, but looking at the walkthrough, it seems like the split is Ruuko -> twins, and it's either you do Ruuko or you do the twins but you can't stay with either all the way from the start, hence how come I called it a half route.

1. I dunno lol.

2. You... skipped... Ruuko? I'm not your friend anymore D:

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm done with the main VN, fav routes were Manaka, Ruu, Konomi and Yuma (I gotta check out the PS2 version someday, where Yuma's route was way different according to pixiv wiki), least favorite was Karin. Sasara's had problems, but saying I wasn't entertained would be a big fat lie.

I also played the FDCGR/DT1 spinoff, the whole intro is hilarious and parodies Uta at the start.

Spoiler

yv7sgg.pngA002.jpg

Edited by j2alg
wrong formating

22 hours ago, j2alg said:

I gotta check out the PS2 version someday, where Yuma's route was way different according to pixiv wiki

Oh, that's interesting. I own PS3 edition, if the stories are indeed different, it might be worth giving it a go - especially since I wasn't too fond of H-scenes in PC version.

• 3 months later...

frankly, i feel it would have been swell had they worked Multi (from TH1) into TH2.

i understand that TH2 takes place many years after TH1, but since Multi is an Android,

it would have been very much feasible for her to still be at the same school, -perhaps aged-up to her middle-teens or so in some previous upgrade even-

still up to her usual school housekeeping, and befriending TH2's main cast along the way.

Personally, i feel it would have been a profoundly warm and intimate way of tying the two entries tightly together, but... i suppose that's just me.

oh well, i can always pretend such a thing was Canonical;

Konomi_Multi_12-9-21_RESIZE_45.jpg?width

Konomi_Multi_8-23-21_RESIZE_30.jpg?width

not to be left out, Ruuko-chan enjoys some "OBITSU-Upgrade-Love" as well;

Konomi_Multi_Ruuko_12-8-21_RESIZE_40.jpg

pa.107108.2_1.jpg?width=1920&height=1080

To_Heart_2_Konomi_-_Lucy_Megahouse_JOHN_

Edited by Tasuke

• 1 year later...

okay, i might be necroing this but... here goes:

is ruuko

Spoiler

an alien or not? the epilogue implies she's the person whom takaaki came up with when lying to karin, but then again she does remember her time with him before returning and isn't against being called ruuko so uh... could this be 'ruu''s doing? she did say that she could no longer be a 'ruu' near the end of her route and would become an 'uu' to be with takaaki or something along those lines.

nonetheless, her route was pretty enjoyable for me, one of my favorites in the game even

11 hours ago, minamichita1 said:

okay, i might be necroing this but... here goes:

is ruuko

Hide contents

an alien or not? the epilogue implies she's the person whom takaaki came up with when lying to karin, but then again she does remember her time with him before returning and isn't against being called ruuko so uh... could this be 'ruu''s doing? she did say that she could no longer be a 'ruu' near the end of her route and would become an 'uu' to be with takaaki or something along those lines.

nonetheless, her route was pretty enjoyable for me, one of my favorites in the game even

Good question. Unfortunately the correct answer is

Spoiler

It's meant to be ambiguous and left up to the reader to decide. There's no reference to supernatural stuff in the epilogue, so it could easily have been Takaaki having delusions, dreams, misinterpretation, misremembering, illness based confusion etc... or it could have all been real.