Hello, mates!

Jamie D.W.

Hello! Jamie here.

Basically, I've been reading through this forum for about a few months (I guess?) after I really got into Visual Novels. Thank "When They Cry" for that!
I'm also a content creator (mainly a writer), projecting to release my debut VN sometime after a few days. Actually, I should say... FINALLY since it got stuck in DevHell for two years. Hahahaha!

I'm looking forward to meeting some great people here. Hope to get in touch with 'ya soon! :)

Hey there! :D

I started writing when I initially joined a short story writing contest at our high school. It was... pretty bad to be honest. LOL. For VNs, it would have to be two years ago when a friend introduced me how to make VNs. I took up position as a writer, and after that experience, I decided to create my own.

I'm also a published author of one novel, and I can say I improved my writing because of that. :)

Hello, Fiddle! Nice meeting you. :)

Shikomizue: Just like Stephen King says, you have to read a lot, and you have to read those that fall into the genre you're interested in, say romance or mystery. After that, you jot down a few ideas. "Writing What You Know" and "Writing Who You Know" both help with this. Then it's all about counting the numbers: knowing your word count. You also have to do a lot of research and back-reading to fix any plot hole. Give yourself 2-3 months for this, and another for editing. It's a tedious task, but worth it in the end.

I resort to self-publishing. Very convenient, but I haven't actually considered going to an actual publisher yet.

Edited by Jamie D.W.
Talking to two people

There must be at least one character that I'm invested in, and the plot or premise should be relatable for me (or if not, at least it leaves me thinking about it for a long time). For example, for Umineko and 999, there is a "mystery factor" in both VNs that always makes me want to come back and finish their stories, despite being regularly pissed with all the trolling and the mind screw. LOL :)

I'm actually a gamer aside from being a VN reader, there are a wide variety of genres I play. Currently, I'm still following the Kingdom Hearts series, which is one of my most favorite video game series of all time behind Metal Gear Solid and Crash Bandicoot.

5 minutes ago, Jamie D.W. said:

There must be at least one character that I'm invested in, and the plot or premise should be relatable for me (or if not, at least it leaves me thinking about it for a long time). For example, for Umineko and 999, there is a "mystery factor" in both VNs that always makes me want to come back and finish their stories, despite being regularly pissed with all the trolling and the mind screw. LOL :)

I'm actually a gamer aside from being a VN reader, there are a wide variety of genres I play. Currently, I'm still following the Kingdom Hearts series, which is one of my most favorite video game series of all time behind Metal Gear Solid and Crash Bandicoot.

As for me. i read/play VN mostly to indulge and lose myself in the story if its decent enough and the characters and art as well. I'm much of a PC gamer as well playing most RPG titles like Baldur's Gate and Dragon Age. I also play some few First Person Shooter games like Rainbow Six and CSGO. Although once I get tired of them all, I find myself craving to read VNs. I'm kinda strange I'm suppose...