Greetings!

Ryoji

Hey guys,

Names Ryoji, as a fan of all things Anime, Manga and Visual Novel, it was by chance that i found this great site. At the request of Aaeru, I have begun helping out with the various Admin stuff that had needed to be done. I have already fixed and/or added the links that were missing for each Visual Novel. Of course, that's just the beginning so i thought id introduce myself to all of you.

A little bit about myself, I spent 22 years in the United States Marine Corps. I was gravely wounded in Iraq so now i am retired. Ive been a fan of Japanese Anime for over 20 years. Been to Japan several times, and love the culture and all things Japan, so it was inevitable that I find my way here. I look forward to working with you guys.

Well, that's it for now, if anyone has any questions, or whatever, just let me know.

Ryo

Hi there Ryoji, welcome aboard! Thanks for helping out!

Wow it's great to have such a veteran in more ways than one! I read that in the early days, "japanimation" as it was called back then had to be physically copied on VCR tapes and physically distributed amongst the small underground circle. We've sure come along way! Were you a longtime VN fan as well or was that more recent?

Here's to your health!

Hi there Ryoji, welcome aboard! Thanks for helping out!

Wow it's great to have such a veteran in more ways than one! I read that in the early days, "japanimation" as it was called back then had to be physically copied on VCR tapes and physically distributed amongst the small underground circle. We've sure come along way! Were you a longtime VN fan as well or was that more recent?

Here's to your health!

You know its funny you say that. I have over 300 VHS tapes and 250 VCD, or Video Disks, which are as big as old school Vinyl records. lol Lots of money spent on a media that i cant play anymore lol.

Anyway, thanks for your welcome!!

I just discovered the joy of VN's. Ive played Clannad, Kanon and Tomoya After to completion. In the middle of Deardrops and Ever17. Im hooked lol.

Ive always know about them, but never had the time to play any due to being active duty Military. Now that im retired, i can enjoy all the time ;)

You know its funny you say that. I have over 300 VHS tapes and 250 VCD, or Video Disks, which are as big as old school Vinyl records. lol Lots of money spent on a media that i cant play anymore lol.

Anyway, thanks for your welcome!!

I just discovered the joy of VN's. Ive played Clannad, Kanon and Tomoya After to completion. In the middle of Deardrops and Ever17. Im hooked lol.

Ive always know about them, but never had the time to play any due to being active duty Military. Now that im retired, i can enjoy all the time ;)

Great that you have the time to really dig in now! Sounds like you've become a fan of key works? Or were you already a fan from their anime?

What are some genres you like or are interesting in experimenting with?

Great that you have the time to really dig in now! Sounds like you've become a fan of key works? Or were you already a fan from their anime?

What are some genres you like or are interesting in experimenting with?

Hmm. I am a fan of Key, thats for sure. Anime has been a huge part of my life. I watch the new shows every season lol. I guess you can call me obsessed. I have over 30 bluray and 150 dvd's. I have a HUGE manga collection as well. A lot of my collection as I said is on VCD and VHS, therefore unavailable in the bluray or DVD.

In regards to what genres, i like pretty much everything. However, i will say that Naruto and Bleach have gotten stale and lame.

As far as VN's go, I want to experience it all. Well except Yaoi, no interest in that lol.

I'm actually quite curious about your tastes too! Don't often find many anime pple in the military - what kinds of titles did you use to follow? Got any favourites?

@ Harry,

You'd be surprised how many soldiers love anime. I have several friends who have huge collections. Actually, a few will be coming to join the forum soon and trying out our great VN's ;)

Hey guys,

Names Ryoji, as a fan of all things Anime, Manga and Visual Novel, it was by chance that i found this great site. At the request of Aaeru, I have begun helping out with the various Admin stuff that had needed to be done. I have already fixed and/or added the links that were missing for each Visual Novel. Of course, that's just the beginning so i thought id introduce myself to all of you.

A little bit about myself, I spent 22 years in the United States Marine Corps. I was gravely wounded in Iraq so now i am retired. Ive been a fan of Japanese Anime for over 20 years. Been to Japan several times, and love the culture and all things Japan, so it was inevitable that I find my way here. I look forward to working with you guys.

Well, that's it for now, if anyone has any questions, or whatever, just let me know.

Ryo

well, as a fellow new member, I welcome you~ I do not have nearly as long of an experience on anime as you do (as I am not even 20 years old yet) but I have been around anime for around 9 years. I grew up with anime basically, though localized in my own country's language.

I have played VN for 6 years now and learn quite a bit of japanese. I also know a bit about a military background as that's where my family came from. I am not a military person though. so yeah, once again, welcome~