Nazi wizards anime released

GB_

Choose what you think  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What're your expectations for this adaption?

• This is going to be very good!
    • Maybe it can be good~
    • Dude... It will sucks lol

Untitled-1.jpg

Yoo, today released the anime adaptation of Dies irae by A.C.G.T. If my memory serves me correctly, an anime about pink girls riding bicycles was made by that studio in the last season, and from what I know there aren't other significant works by them... :makina:

Well, visual novels and animes doesn't have a beautiful history, hello rewrite!, and on top of that adapting a melodramatic & colossally VN like Dies irae can be a bit complicated.

There are a lot of people saying that it will probably suck, but I've to admit that the first scene showing Reinhard and Ren staring at each other ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) made me very excited. I've heard that the anime would be mainly based on Marie's route, so we can have hope.      maybe?

For those who've already watched it, what did you think of the first episode?

Edited by Gat

I didn't read Dies Irae (I want to read the series from the beinning starting with Paradise Lost), but I dunno how can they adapt a huge Multiple Route Mystery VN like this (Considering that the Visual Novel expects you to read everything). Rewrite follows on the same MRM vn-style...so I dunno?

Edited by Guest

To be slightly more specific, the anime's first episode spoils the 'extra episodes' that are normally only unlocked if you have finished all the paths.  It reveals aspects you aren't supposed to know during the main story and thus ruins the enjoyment factor... while not really doing justice to those scenes.

Not to mention that the characters are barely recognizable. 

Seriously... anyone who really wants to make a spectacular fantasy action anime with dramatic characters and a complex setting goes to ufotable... The second I heard who was doing the anime, I felt incredulous, then exasperated.  The PV just proved my point... and the first episode emphasizes it.

Perhaps but sometimes you just can't steer your eyes away from an oncoming train wreck.

I still say if you plan to read the vn and still want to watch a few episodes then skip episode 00 entirely. Maybe come back once you're done with the game but by that time you might not care anymore, lol.

After watching the episode, I actually wanted to smash something... the first episode basically covers one of the spoiler-filled after-episodes and a really truncated prologue... there is no intro from the point of view of a common soldier, no horrifying betrayal... basically none of the stuff that made the 1945-based prologue such a great intro to the VN.  Worse, the first part of the episode spoils stuff you aren't even supposed to know until the middle of Marie's route and the beginning of Rea's.  The simple reason is that Dies Irae is supposed to be told primarily from Ren's point of view, and his lack of knowledge of certain aspects of what is going on is supposed to match your own until those specific points of the story.

Edited by Clephas

4 hours ago, SeniorBlitz said:

Lunar Legend wasn't that bad... (but it wasn't good either.)

It's not about it being good or bad.

The original meme of replying "What anime?" (pretending it doesn't exist) was first started by Type-Moon fans who couldn't stand the lack of development of the characters. And while it wasn't terrible if watched on its own, many people who have played the VN find it terribly offensive, doing little justice to any of the characters. 

Remember, most anime adaptations of Visual Novel's are made because the VN was very good/largely successful and had a large fanbase. So the expectations put on these animes are far higher and the criticism far harsher. 

Edited by Akshay

29 minutes ago, Akshay said:

It's not about it being good or bad.

The original meme of replying "What anime?" (pretending it doesn't exist) was first started by Type-Moon fans who couldn't stand the lack of development of the characters. And while it wasn't terrible, if watched on its own, many people who have played the VN find it terribly offensive, doing little justice to any of the characters. 

Remember, most anime adaptations of Visual Novel's are made because the VN was very good/largely successful and had a large fanbase. So the expectations put on these animes are far higher and the criticism far harsher. 

Yeah it's kinda of difficult to merge five routes into one (same occured with the Togainu no Chi adaptation), it's even worst with the visual novel have routes that support each other (Aka MRM) like Fate/Stay Night, Dies Irae and the already mentioned Tsukihime, a lot of characters had their personality altered, (like Akiha) for the worst in this case.

2 hours ago, SeniorBlitz said:

Yeah it's kinda of difficult to merge five routes into one (same occured with the Togainu no Chi adaptation), it's even worst with the visual novel have routes that support each other (Aka MRM) like Fate/Stay Night, Dies Irae and the already mentioned Tsukihime, a lot of characters had their personality altered, (like Akiha) for the worst in this case.

And don't even get started on Grisaia, the morons took it to the next level when they tried to merge the common route and 5 others into 13 episodes. The only VN adaptations I deemed passable were Steins Gate, Clannad and ef. And in all of these they devoted a large number of episodes to a single route.

I feel there simply isn't enough time to develop a story or flesh out characters well in so little episodes. 

1 hour ago, Akshay said:

And don't even get started on Grisaia, the morons took it to the next level when they tried to merge the common route and 5 others into 13 episodes. The only VN adaptations I deemed passable were Steins Gate, Clannad and ef. And in all of these they devoted a large number of episodes to a single route.

I feel there simply isn't enough time to develop a story or flesh out characters well in so little episodes. 

From what I've heard, Grisaia have a very long common route, I also feel the same, there isn't that much time to develop the characters (I think thats the reason they decided to make an anime for each route in Fate's case).