Anime movie recommendations

Akimoto Masato

I want some for my collection, I have seen the following already

kimi no wa wa

Koi no katachi and a few others that I can’t remember (don’t recommend that sao movie because I’m getting the blu Ray when it comes out) 

one of them was about a guy in a mask that couldn’t touch humans or something other than that I’m open for recommendations 

please help

Grave of the Fireflies, My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo, Spirited Away, The Cat Returns, The Secret World of Arrietty, The Wind Rises, Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, Kara no Kyoukai...

Edited by Guest

All recommendations are in bold ~

If you liked Kimi no na Wa,

Try 5 Centimeters per Second -> It has the same director. The animation is also very good.

Another one of my personal favorites,

The Place Promised in Our Early Days -> A sci-fi/war drama type film . Like 5 centimeters per second, it is bittersweet.

For a more chuuni-type anime movie that is also a very good try,

Try the Garden Of Sinners Movie Series -> It has similar vibes to Tsukihime and is also a product of Type-Moon

Akira -> was recently re-released in english (2016) and I had the opportunity to watch it. Set in an interesting cyber-punk themed world, it is probably one of the best sci-fi anime movies released from Japan.

No anime movie list is complete without,

Princess Mononoke ->  A true classic. Also you will probably be fine with anything made by Studio Ghibli (Spirited away, Grave of the FIreflies, etc)

The movie with the masked guy you mention is Hotarubi no Mori e

Any of the Detective Conan/Case Closed movies.
Pretty much anything from Ghibli (Things I've watched and are yet to be mentioned are bulleted)

• Castle in the Sky
  • Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Kiki's Delivery Service
  • Whisper of the Heart/If You Listen Closely
  • Porco Rosso
  • Heisei Tanuki Gassen Pompoko

Millenium Actress

Edited by Beichuuka

Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu

You'll need to watch the 1st 2 seasons beforehand, but the movie is amazing.

Sword of the Stranger

Not necessarily a great movie, but it does have one of the best animated fight scenes.

Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki

Don't go out of your way on this one, but it's definitely worth a watch if you like Index at all. Great insert song too!

Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterun da. is pretty good, although it could've been better. No fear, it's good anyways.

Colorful is an interesting movie to think about, I enjoyed it's themes and stuff.

Perfect Blue another Kon Satoshi film (Paprika was mentioned above, also by him). A little darker, but interesting to watch nonetheless. 

Sakasama no Patema a very pretty movie with good music and visuals, also has a neat concept. 

Also like people said above, all Miyazaki films (and Studio Ghibli in general) are wonderful! Makoto Shinkai films are also pretty good. 

21 hours ago, Akshay said:

5 Centimeters per Second -

I’ve already seen it but I forgot to put it down 

16 hours ago, Beichuuka said:

The movie with the masked guy you mention is Hotarubi no Mori e

Any of the Detective Conan/Case Closed movies.
Pretty much anything from Ghibli (Things I've watched and are yet to be mentioned are bulleted)

• Castle in the Sky
  • Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Kiki's Delivery Service
  • Whisper of the Heart/If You Listen Closely
  • Porco Rosso
  • Heisei Tanuki Gassen Pompoko

Millenium Actress

Thank

8 hours ago, Polycentric said:

Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterun da. is pretty good, although it could've been better. No fear, it's good anyways.

Colorful is an interesting movie to think about, I enjoyed it's themes and stuff.

Perfect Blue another Kon Satoshi film (Paprika was mentioned above, also by him). A little darker, but interesting to watch nonetheless. 

Sakasama no Patema a very pretty movie with good music and visuals, also has a neat concept. 

Also like people said above, all Miyazaki films (and Studio Ghibli in general) are wonderful! Makoto Shinkai films are also pretty good. 

12 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu

You'll need to watch the 1st 2 seasons beforehand, but the movie is amazing.

Sword of the Stranger

Not necessarily a great movie, but it does have one of the best animated fight scenes.

Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki

Don't go out of your way on this one, but it's definitely worth a watch if you like Index at all. Great insert song too!

13 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:

15 hours ago, Clephas said:

The eight Kara no Kyoukai movies

21 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

wolf children, summer wars, the girl who leapt through time, the boy and the beast.

I think that’s all I’ll need for a pretty long time, thanks