Enemy Heroine and Protaganist Romance

FinalCloud

8 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Haha, you lose. You should have played ONE ~Radiant Season~ first.
I kid, but it was essentially made by the same people as Kanon, and follows the same formula. Key tends to make somewhat crazy or sarcastic/prankster protagonists. The one I just mentioned ramps it up to eleven.

Anyhow, have fun. Little Busters! is the first Key title to have a relatively normal protagonist.

This genuinely bothers me.

Was it any good?

Just now, Akshay said:

This genuinely bothers me.

Was it any good?

Well... It's funny?

It's one of those infernal titles where a single wrong choice gets you stuck on a normal (bad) ending.
But I haven't finished it (I played two or three routes?). I don't even know if it has any true end.

It's got some supernatural elements, but they're kind of random and sometimes show up and sometimes don't. Imagine Clannad done worse in that respect.

It's a bit of a mess in terms of story, but the common route and slice-of-life segments are as hilarious as I expect from Key. It has got varied heroines (a blind one, and a mute one, for instance), but the routes themselves seem like the least memorable part of the game. Probably because over half of them are incorporated into the choices in the common route.

10 hours ago, Akshay said:

For some reason I'm a little OCD about playing things in order, or even in the order they released in.

I thought I was the only one... xoD

3 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

It's got some supernatural elements, but they're kind of random and sometimes show up and sometimes don't.

This.

Is the thing that bothered me most. I like fantasy/supernatural elements a lot. Love them even. But not in this random tasteless way.

For example. In Fate works, the rules of what you can and cannot do are clearly defined. The magic system is defined. It is something I can appreciate.In Kannon, there is no mention of supernatural, and then in the routes, after finishing the common routes they introduce random supernatural events.(Looking at Mai's route. Makoto's was decent enough that I could enjoy it regardless, the best route in kanon imao.) They basically make events happen with no respect to the world they created and then fix any possible tragedy, with its magic, so it became alright.

That's not good writing. That's using a crutch. 

I mean there is suspension of disbelief and then there is insulting your intelligence.

Rant over

Edited by Akshay

1 minute ago, Akshay said:

This.

Is the thing that bothered me most. I like fantasy/supernatural elements a lot. Love them even. But not in this random tasteless way.

For example. In Fate works, the rules of what you can and cannot do are clearly defined. The magic system is defined. It is something I can appreciate.In Kannon, there is no mention of supernatural, and then in the routes, after finishing the common routes they introduce random supernatural events.(Looking at Mai's route. Makoto's was decent enough that I could enjoy it regardless, the best route in kanon imao.) They basically make events happen with no respect ot the world they created and then fix any possible tragedy, with its magic, so it became alright.

That's not good writing. That's using a crutch. 

I mean there is suspension of disbelief and then there is insulting your intelligence.

Rant over

So long as you keep in mind that this stuff happening is a Key staple...