Cou - Black Dragon Crash Issue

FinalCloud

Not too sure if anyone else has tried to setup this game (as it seems fairly obscure)

I am quite keen to give it a go, but the game crashes, seemingly at random (I have seen it crash anywhere between 10 seconds of game running to 5 minutes)

My PC is Windows 10 and I have Locale set to Japanese (Even tried fiddling a bit with settings and Windows 7 compat mode, to no avail)

Does anyone happen to know how I can get this to stop crashing!?

Plus while I am at it, is the game worth the time I am wasting trying to get it working =/

Edited by FinalCloud
Formatting

Just dropping in to say that, yes, many people have played Comyu; it's pretty popular. I can even confirm I've played it on Win10 successfully, though that required using version.dll from the Win8WOH workaround to fix an issue that prevents the game from starting entirely on Win8 and higher. That doesn't sound like it's the problem you have, though, since that error should prevent it from starting up entirely, not cause random crashes. Do you have any more information on the crash, like an error message?

I had to disable windows defender to install it properly, it detects the game as harmful software.

Other than that it seems to run fine, for now.

Still not crashed after 13 mins.

edit: You should try to disconnect from the internet, disable any antivirus/firewall you have and reinstall the game

Edited by WinterfuryZX

• 2 weeks later...