G-senjou no Maou: Question about Maou

FinalCloud

Note the question/point of discussion in itself is a major spoiler, hence it is all in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Ok so, I am currently playing through this game I am in chapter 3, just past when Usami failed to catch Maou's accomplice, now I heard before I started playing (sadly) that Kyouske is not Maou.
However, I the game is clearly trying to make me think that he is or atleast there is a good chance he is.

What is starting to gripe at me is how Kyouske happens to not be present, and in general how a number of things happen to pan out in a way that makes it look like Kyouske is probably Maou. Even though if he wasnt Maou these coincidences, lets face it, would never happen.

As an example when Usami goes to the hotel, she had just been investigating some bins with Kyouske, why would Kyouske not have gone with her...

Also you would think that Maou would mention Kyouske once in a while given that (from what I also heard) he is Kyouske's brother.

What I want to know is, is all this explained satisfactorily later, or do we just have to assume this is all coincidence and a bit of poetic license for the story?.

Thanks for any answers you can give me, frustrating me this is.

Edited by FinalCloud
Needed more specific thread title

Too bad you got the spoiler. I was amazed when I got to know who Maou really is, in fact, G-Senjou is one of my favourite novels. How the pieces come to complete the entire puzzle bit by bit was just what I expect when I read a mistery novel/visual novel. 

So yes, the answer is totally satisfactory. 

Wish I could erase it from my mind to read it again :vinty:

Edited by Benji Price

Spoiler

The chapters and non-main routes pretty much force you to believe that Kyousuke is Maou, because they were hinting at it probably every time Maou appeared. The true ending is satisfying with its answers, however the other endings lack any answers related to that. You could say with 100% certainty that Kyousuke is Maou, just from reading the other endings, because anything else would make no sense whatsoever. So it's better to view the True ending as a completely different story and only then you can have a perfect VN without plotholes.

What would be more interesting, though, is a scenario where Kyousuke would be Maou for real

Edited by Zidan209

2 hours ago, Zidan209 said:
  Hide contents

The chapters and non-main routes pretty much force you to believe that Kyousuke is Maou, because they were hinting at it probably every time Maou appeared. The true ending is satisfying with its answers, however the other endings lack any answers related to that. You could say with 100% certainty that Kyousuke is Maou, just from reading the other endings, because anything else would make no sense whatsoever. So it's better to view the True ending as a completely different story and only then you can have a perfect VN without plotholes.

What would be more interesting, though, is a scenario where Kyousuke would be Maou for real

Spoiler

After the ransom exchange in chapter 2, I was quite sure Kyousuke wasn't Maou. All of that circumstantial hinting with no definitive proof just screamed "red herring" to me.