Duel Saviour problems starting

Quoting Lunchbox,

"I cant get dual savior running when I open the program up the screen goes black like it is starting up and then it just flashes and the windows pops up with a meassage saying there is a problem with the program."

Anyone else have problems with dual saviour?

yeah im thinking i might need to pack it in as a .ISO and patch?

how frustrating it is these games that they work on both my computers yet ive no way to tell if they work for others...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So, I'm running against the same problem. My comp is set to Jap locale and usually run other VN's just fine.

If I run the VN without the english patch it'll work but the problem only comes up when I do copy and paste all the English patch files into the VN's location.

There are several problems listed above, could be more precise about what exactly is yours?

Plus, read the sticked post of the forum and provide us with required info (ie system info + what you already tried to make it work + where did you dl it from)

I'm not sure the Fuwanovel torrent have been fixed, so you might want to try dling the game from other links above too.

There are several problems listed above, could be more precise about what exactly is yours?

Plus, read the sticked post of the forum and provide us with required info (ie system info + what you already tried to make it work + where did you dl it from)

I'm not sure the Fuwanovel torrent have been fixed, so you might want to try dling the game from other links above too.

Alright more specifically:

Yes, I am running off Japanese unicode

The game is obviously Duel Savior

And the specific problem I'm having is that when I try to start the VN (after I place the english patched files into the location) it immediately freezes and a window pops up saying that the exe file has stopped working.

I'm running off a 64 bit OS.

And I downloaded off of the Fuwanovel torrent which apparently has problems

I've tried reinstalling, running as administrator but no change

It works if I do not patch it but defeats the purpose of downloading a translated VN.

So any help is appreciated. :lol:/>

Edit: Oh and also does if there is a "fixed"/"working" translation patch I'd greatly appreciate as well as it seems the Seiha forum doesn't seem to have it anymore

I have tried each of the english patch and the problem seems to be the Voice1.pac... After copying all of the english patch except for the Voice1.pac the game works... I haven't started/finished the game since I was looking for the problem... Hope that I can finish the game without any problem... I'll inform you if something goes wrong or all is good... So for starter... Can someone upload Voice1.pac english patch... Just in case there will be a problem...

I've finished most of the route... I have encountered no problem while playing... Only the harem route is left... I doubt that there will be a problem on the last route... So the problem is the Voice1.pac...

To install the eng patch... You should copy all of the content except the Voice1.pac... And you can play the game w/o any problem...

• 3 weeks later...

I've finished most of the route... I have encountered no problem while playing... Only the harem route is left... I doubt that there will be a problem on the last route... So the problem is the Voice1.pac...

To install the eng patch... You should copy all of the content except the Voice1.pac... And you can play the game w/o any problem...

Glad I looked for this before creating a new thread.

• 2 months later...

Thanks. Though the topic is over 2 months old smile.gif it's nice to have another resource.

EDIT: So you've stimulated me into trying to solve the issues, I'll be posting up a test download to get some people to try it.

No problem. Just noticed there was a problem and since no solutions were listed (other then re-downloading 2.35 GB off a capatcha based filehosting service :)/> ) I thought I would offer up an easier solution.

The only other advice I would offer is to make sure you uninstall-reinstall the game prior to testing. The english program seems to apply a patch to the voice files at the beginning and if you don't you'll get Japanese text where there was previously english (under old voice 1.pak).

Other then that you guys may want to re-upload the torrent or include a small xdelta torrent below the original post with the difference.

Edit: Noticed you re-uploaded the torrent. Hope all go well for you guys and you don't encounter any other problems.