VN Quotes

shirayuki75

"there are only two times a man can cry in public:when he loses his wallet and when his mother dies,and even if you cry in private,there's a severe restriction shed tears for others.

the only thing you should be shedding for yourself is sweat"

-Kazami Yuuji

"Metaphorically, I can see farther than any man before me has seen."

- Kenji, Katawa Shoujo

"The most despicable thing to do is make a girl cry."

- Hisao, Katawa Shoujo, referring to Rin (still my favorite heroine so far <3)

"... ... .. ....." 

-Every VN Protagonist Ever, Wherever And Whenever

Umineko No Naku Koro Ni Chiru:

"Without love, it[magic] cannot be seen."

-Half of the cast

I swear this line is written more than 100 times in the last few episodes... and not mentioned even once in the first four episodes.

Also, my favorites, the one(s) at my signature:

Virtue's Last Reward

" 'Tu Fui, Ego Eris.' What you are, I was. What I am, you will be."  

-written on a tombstone

Explaining this would spoil the game for you, also I'd break down crying halfway (for reasons, which are, again, spoilers.)

Ever17 ***MEDIUM EVER17 SPOILERS***

"Just as we awake in the morning to begin our day... we are put on this earth for the purpose of love. To live is to love. To ask what is the meaning of love, is to ask what is the meaning of life."

- Takeshi Kuranari (Sora Route)

Okay, now, reading this quote on Fuwanovel might not make too big an impact on you. However, when you are listening to it  as an (admittedly, gorgeous) AI questions you about what love and life is, with the innocence of a child and the intelligence of an elder; everything changes. I found it fitting to the story, I simply loved Sora as a character (especially in that scene), and I also related to the quote on a personal level. I usually have too small a heart and a brain to be a big sucker for love stories, but I just loved this quote, loved Sora, loved LeMU, loved that scene and loved the VN. (Obviously, my favorite part in Ever17.)

"El Psy Congroo"

Rintarou Okabe, Steins;Gate. Because no VN quote thread can go on without mentioning this.

Also, there's this really great quote during Michiru's route in Grisaia no Kajitsu where Yuuji mentions that he hates people who tries to 'save others' just to satisfy their own ego. I think Hisao said something similar in Katawa Shoujo too, but I'm pretty sure Yuuji placed more emphasis on how hypocritical the act of 'saving someone' can be, so I really liked that quote... but I couldn't remember it right now, nor could I find it through Google... -_-" Ah well.

"El Psy Congroo"

Rintarou Okabe, Steins;Gate. Because no VN quote thread can go on without mentioning this.

Also, there's this really great quote during Michiru's route in Grisaia no Kajitsu where Yuuji mentions that he hates people who tries to 'save others' just to satisfy their own ego. I think Hisao said something similar in Katawa Shoujo too, but I'm pretty sure Yuuji placed more emphasis on how hypocritical the act of 'saving someone' can be, so I really liked that quote... but I couldn't remember it right now, nor could I find it through Google... -_-" Ah well.

i believe this is the quote:

You know,i can't stand people who unilaterally push a little help onto someone and get all proud of themselves for''saving a life.'' thinking you can ''save'' someone as easily as that is a load of egotistical bullshit.

Actually ''saving'' someone is an incredibly difficult thing.You can sacrifice your entire life in the attempt,and sometimes it still won't be enough.

This world has far too many idiots who mistake themselves for some kind of superhero,savior,or mystical healer. wounds of the heart can't be patched up by some self-satisfied third party.

Only the person who's suffering can know the depth of those wounds.nobody else can ever really understand;you've got to face them yourself.patch yourself together.

Even if your wounds won't ever fully heal,you've got no choice but to bear them.you've got to find a way to go on living anyway.

truly amazing, i liked this quote so i wrote it down.

Umineko No Naku Koro Ni Chiru:

"Without love, it[magic] cannot be seen."

-Half of the cast

I swear this line is written more than 100 times in the last few episodes... and not mentioned even once in the first four episodes.

That was going to be my quote. :P

They do say it quite a few times in Ep. 4 though, I've been quickly re-reading Umi along with my friend who is reading it for the first time. I noticed that quote coming up a lot more than I remembered.

The quote and particular VN slips from my mind. Earlier today I remembered this great quote that was really practical to the moment. To me, a good quote doesn't have to be fancy. It's something that really strikes a chord with whoever's sitting there reading it though. 

• 6 months later...

"But I still ask myself...was there something I could've done?

I wonder, was that why I came to this world in the first place?

If this was my unavoidable destiny, then what exactly was I to this world?

Sad partings...the fate of humanity...and my own...

I Still wonder If I could've changed them.

If I'd had a strong will to protect what I was meant to protect... from the start...

Then maybe there was something only I could've done.

I think there was."

Takeru Shirogane, Muv Luv Alternative.

"There are no choices. Nothing but a straight line. The illusion comes afterwards, when you ask 'Why me?' and 'What if?' when you look back, see the branches, like a pruned bonsai tree, or a forked lightning. If you had done something differently, it wouldn't be you, it would be someone else looking back, asking a different set of questions." - Max Payne

(Japanese)

遠くで雫が落ちる。

何処か遠くで、雫が砕ける音……。

砕けたものは、地を潤す。

砕けたからこそ、恵みを与える。

砕けた恵みは大地に染みる事が出るから……。

(English)

"A drop of water fell in the distance.
The sound of a drop of water breaking somewhere in the distance.
That which is broken imparts its moisture upon the earth.
Only through breaking can it give its blessing.
Because once broken, the blessing is able to soak into the earth..."

— Preface to It's my Own Invention, Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~.

Of all the countless metaphors in SubaHibi, this one has to be the most meaningful methinks. It also sounds really cool. (*‿*✿)

P.S. I didn't translate this (vvav did), and I might seriously just feature these lines in my next signature because they are so freaking cool~

• 3 weeks later...