VN Quotes

shirayuki75

Was readin this and remembered one of my favorite dialogue.

I love you from the bottom of my heart and i'll love you with all my might.I'll be kinder than your ideal mother,cuter than your younger sister, and take care of you like your older sister.Let's take our time and become a family,together with our doggies. So we canĀ engrave love that doesnt go away even when we dislike each other.

Risa to Yuuichi, Wanko to kurasou.

sorry if its too long.

"In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere."

Beatrice, Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

Ā 

"A match won't be resolved unless enemies and allies gather."

Bernkastel, Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

Ā 

"There is nothing that is not healed with TIME. And there is no truth that cannot be reached if you spend enough time SEARCHING"

Dlanor A. Knox, Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

Ā 

"Promises are made to be broken"

Virgilia, Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

Ā 

"Both love and happiness are the same as the air. Even though it fills the world, if you don't understand it, it's the same as if it doesn't exist."

Lambdadelta, Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

Ā 

"Once you've gained credibility, your forgeries will rise to the level of truth."

Ushiromiya Ange, Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

Ā 

"By learning things, people change the way they live, but not always in a good direction. There are plenty of things in this world that you'll be more comfortable not knowing"

Furudo Erika, Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

Ā 

Yes, all quotes are from Umineko, I really like them.

In times of old, people especially women, were warriors who fought a neverending battle against the monster known as "diet".

-cant remember which VN is this from

Ā 

sometimes people put up walls not to keep others out but to see who cares enough to take them down.

Ā 

Ā 

3 below from grisaia no kajitsu quoted by Yuuji

I cant do everything well, but there's nothing I cant do at all.

Ā 

She gave me... if not a reason to live, then at least an excuse not to die.

Ā 

When you're a piece on the board, only two things are requested of you. The willingness to do what you're told and the ability to make it happen.

Definition of "Friend" according to my dim-witted friend Gakuto:

Ā 

"Let's see... If I have to give a comparison, it's nose hair. Let's say someone has their nose hair sticking out. If you can't tell him about it, you're a stranger. If you can tell him about it, you're an acquaintance. If you can pluck it out, you're his friend. Be someone who can pluck his nose hair."

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!, 2008

"Becoming stronger helps you gain more choices, you won't be able to do anything if you have too few choices. But don't be too obsessed about becoming strong. If you become too strong then you might gain too many choices. Many have ended up regretting choosing the wrong choice along the way and strayed from their original path. Aim for strength in moderation. Even the weak can overpower the strong exactly because they have fewer choices. It all comes down to the strength of the resolve of the individual."
ā€” Kuki Youkou (Ayakashibito)

"When you change yourself, the world changes with you. For example, say there's someone you hate. You never greet them when you meet. In fact, you get into fights when you do meet. But then one day, you try smiling at this person you hate. Then you don't get into a fight even though you always did. One single action you take causes something different than usual to happen. That's one of the little things meant by the world changing. Everyone lives through their relationships with other people. So if one of those people changes, then the other is forced to change too. So if you change yourself, then the world changes too. I think the simplest way to change the world is to change yourself."
ā€” Shouichi Suganuma (Deardrops)

Ā 

怀ļ¼œāŒ’ļ¼ćƒ½-ļ½¤_ļ¼æ_

ļ¼ļ¼œ_/ļ¼æļ¼æļ¼æļ¼æļ¼

"Just as we awake in the morning to begin our day... we are put on this earth for the purpose of love. To live is to love. To ask what is the meaning of love, is to ask what is the meaning of life."- Kotaro Uchikoshi (Ever17- Takeshi Kuranari[the character])

For some reason, some VNs just have great quotes thrown out there that sum up one of the major themes of the game.Ā  Have you ever come across such a quote, that you felt you just HAD to share with other people?Ā  Well, feel free to do so here.

Ā 

Rules: Limit of thirty lines, anything over two lines to be put in a spoilers box to keep from creating walls of text.

Ā 

Hapymaher

恓悌ćÆē”˜ćć¦ć€å¹ø恛ćŖ态ę‚Ŗć„å¤¢ć®ćÆćŖ恗怂

Ā 

Translation:Ā  This is a sweet, happy tale of a bad dream.

Ā 

There's a bunch over atĀ https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/1907-quotes

Here's a couple:

"We played around so much we forgot about all the things that bothered us before.
Or maybe, in order to forget the bothersome past, we tried to pass our days with as much fun as possible."
- Tohno Shiki, Tsukihime
Ā 
"I cannot afford to spend my time earning money."
- Mitsuhiro Sachi, Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo

I have a whole folder of all kinds of quotes so here are a few.

"Making a big decision is more than just a choice. It also means throwing something away. You have only one life but two paths. If you choose the right-hand path, you throw away all the possibilities of the left-handed one; and vice versa. Thatā€™s the kind of choice you have to make. Right or left. The many or the few. The planet or itā€™s people."

- Senri Akane, Rewrite

""Night" is a deep and hostile blackness that swallows us whole. A darkness so absolute that it feels like a premonition of death. It makes us remember things weā€™d rather forget, images weā€™ve tried to erase from our memories. It shows us, with gut-wrenching clarity, just how weak and powerless we really are."

- Kazami Yuuji, Grisaia no Kajitsu

"To be honest I do not think whether they live or die is the matter at hand. Life is not always better than death. It is not that simple. Living and being made to live are very different things. What matters is what the person chooses of their own free will. Whether or not it can be achieved or how difficult it is. I want you to think about thisā€¦ Imagine if what matters most to you was taken away against your will. If that is indeed worth less than your life."

- Mitsurugi Meiya, Muv Luv Unlimited

My list of vn quotes i've noted down just because they were that memorable:

Ā 

"It's hard to continue believing you're right when everyone around you disagrees. It's far easier to change your mind, and decide that you were the only one in the wrong. Sometimes... it's easier to accept then it is to fight it. It hurts a lot less to accept people's misunderstandings than it does to try and fight it."

ā€” Kotarou Tennouji (Rewrite)

"Good and evil don't matter. To me, what's right is simply what's most precious to me."

"People can't change, they merely learned how to live smart. People can become stronger or smarter. It's form may alter depending on the environment or situation. But you can never change your true nature."
ā€” Yuuichi Yusa (Wanko to Kurasou)

"Nobody had appreciated me before because I wanted them to like the real me. Problem was, the real me wasn't any good. So I might as well just pretend. All I had to do was act out the most convenient role. Force out the most convenient emotions. Become someone who put a smile on people's faces. Even if that meant the real me to disappear entirely, I didn't care."
ā€” Michiru Matsushima (Grisaia no Kajitsu)

"When you're a brat, running fast is enough to make you popular. When you're a middle-schooler, the guys who can fight will be popular, and after that it's the guys with brains who get the girls."
ā€” Yuuji Kazami (Grisaia no Kajitsu)

"Essentially speaking, people's lives are meaningless. For that very reason, man struggles to find something in life to cling onto: promises, friendship, vengeance, a curse, or fate - it doesn't matter. Anything will do. Through binding our fate to another, we find meaning in our own lives. No doubt this provides us with an immeasurable amount of security. And so, from time to time, man comes to depend on such things, believing it to be an eternal, unchanging entity birthed by the gods: all in order to secure an endless supply of the drug we call "bonds"."
ā€” Eris Floralia (Aiyoku no Eustia)

"In the world, there are things that are "doable" and things that are "not doable".
Following that logic, there are also things that one "should do" and things that one "shouldn't do".
It is easy to separate the things which are "doable" and which are "not doable", however things which one "should do" and things one "shouldn't do" is a different story.
The answer changes based on how one thinks.
Which means that by their actions, a person is revealed. "
ā€” Licia de novus Yurii (Aiyoku no Eustia)

"If you hesitate when asking a question, you're probably better off not asking.
When you feel the time is right to ask, they'll tell you of their own accord."
ā€” Mare S. Ephemeral (Hoshizora no Memoria)

"The only thing waiting for you after giving up is regret."
ā€” You Kogasaka (Hoshizora no Memoria)

"If that other person doesn't find the lie unpleasant, then it isn't a lie."
ā€” Sora Shigure (Devils Devel Concept)

"There are rare moments of goodwill shown by evil men. There are bad intentions shown on a whim by saints. The contradiction. The coexistence of good and evil is what makes people human. Life is a crime by itself, and there are punishments because one is alive. Good exists with life and evil exists with life."
ā€” Kirei Kotomine (Fate/stay night)

"It's not an easy balance to reach, but you have to learn to cherish the past at the same time you let go of it."
ā€” Ayumu Shirabe (Sweet Fuse: At Your Side)

"Don't throw away your future... by saying you're cursed to live alone.
The thing about the future is... if you believe, something's sure to happen.
Don't reject everything by assuming nothing will ever change.
That's just too sad... It's not that no one could accept you.
You weren't trying to accept the world either..."

"If you really, really feel strongly about someone, and want to make them happy...
You need to doubt them just as much as you trust them."
ā€” Kaine Hirata (A Profile)

""Becoming stronger helps you gain more choices, you won't be able to do anything if you have too few choices. But don't be too obsessed about becoming strong. If you become too strong then you might gain too many choices. Many have ended up regretting choosing the wrong choice along the way and strayed from their original path. Aim for strength in moderation. Even the weak can overpower the strong exactly because they have fewer choices. It all comes down to the strength of the resolve of the individual.""
ā€” Kuki Youkou (Ayakashibito)

"When you change yourself, the world changes with you. For example, say there's someone you hate. You never greet them when you meet. In fact, you get into fights when you do meet. But then one day, you try smiling at this person you hate. Then you don't get into a fight even though you always did. One single action you take causes something different than usual to happen. That's one of the little things meant by the world changing. Everyone lives through their relationships with other people. So if one of those people changes, then the other is forced to change too. So if you change yourself, then the world changes too. I think the simplest way to change the world is to change yourself."
ā€” Shouichi Suganuma (Deardrops)

I love you from the bottom of my heart and i'll love you with all my might.I'll be kinder than your ideal mother,cuter than your younger sister, and take care of you like your older sister.Let's take our time and become a family,together with our doggies. So we canĀ 

engrave love that doesnt go away even when we dislike each other.

Risa to Yuuichi, Wanko to kurasou.

"Those who believe in the worth of meaningless things like human wisdom and valor--- are those lucky who have not looked into the Abyss"

Kouji - Saya no Uta

Maybe I'm not the best one to quote this one, but it's funny how it applies so greatly to real world as much as it does to Saya's.

This made me think a lot about the game's message or how it could be interpreted.

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for your wonderful quotes! AllĀ Most of them were enlightening and made me so proud to be a reader of visual novels and an anime fan. I'm done with this class, and high school in general; I'll be graduating in a few days! Once again, thank you all for helping me this year.

Happy to help, really.

Ā 

That said, no need to stop here if people want to keep posting their quotes; the focus on more witticisms and introspective stuff made this thread interesting. Could edit the OP to say you're not personally looking for more now, though.

"When you read a story, you become its main character. You live happily with others and live a life without pain or suffering. I believe that stories are written and read to rebel against the fact that you only live once."

- Mio Nishizono, Little Busters!

Ā 

"Sometimes when the people you love hurt you the most, it's better to stay quiet... because if your love wasn't enough... do you think your words will matter?"

- (Sorry, I totally forgot where I got this! >.<)

Ā 

"It hurts a lot less to accept people's misunderstanding than it does to try and fight it.
It's hard to continue believing you're right when everyone around you disagree.
It's far easier to change your mind, and decide that you were the only one in the wrong."
- Tennouji Kotarou, Rewrite
Ā 
"Whether we believe in curses or not, it's perfectly reasonable to be afraid of them.
If a baseball comes flying at you, it doesn't matter whether a curse made it do that or not. The fact remains that it'll hit you if you don't dodge it."
- Tennouji Kotarou, Rewrite
Ā 
"Never totally corner a rat.
Always give them an escape route, or you'll be forced to put them down when they bite back."
-Ā (Sorry, I totally forgot where I got this! >.<)
Ā 
"Until a certain point in my life, I believed that lives were ruined by conscious malice.Ā 
I thought that villains were responsible for the destruction of good people. But I was mistaken.Ā 
It's the thoughtless idiots who steal others' happiness and ruin their lives.
Not the evil people, it's the fools, the scumbags who are incapable of considering how much their selfish behavior will hurt others."
- Daiya Oomine, HakoMari
Ā 
"Doing things you canā€™t do, just because you can."
- Rin Tezuka, Katawa Shoujo
Ā 
"So many envelopes. So many pretty colours. Each one a letter. From a pen-pal named yesterday."
- La, True Remembrance

"But I still ask myself...was there something I could've done?
I wonder, was that why I came to this world in the first place?
If this was my unavoidable destiny, then what exactly was I to this world?
Sad partings...the fate of humanity...and my own...
I Still wonder If I could've changed them.
If I'd had a strong will to protect what I was meant to protect... from the start...
Then maybe there was something only I could've done.
I think there was."

Ā 

Takeru Shirogane, Muv Luv Alternative.

Thank you all for your wonderful quotes! AllĀ Most of them were enlightening and made me so proud to be a reader of visual novels and an anime fan. I'm done with this class, and high school in general; I'll be graduating in a few days! Once again, thank you all for helping me this year.

It was my pleasure. This thread has been a great source of thought provoking ideas.